The dangers of high volume

how much volume is too much volume? Today I had a lot of free time and ended up spending around 2 and a half hours in the gym, for back day. I started with heavy rows in sets of 5s and 3s (as the weight increased), then did accessories. I probably in total did maybe 200-300 reps of each accessory lift, most of them in sets of 20, but sometimes in sets of 40

what kind of results will training like this get me? what are the downsides other than being time consuming? I found it fun as fuck desu

Attached: yusra mardini.jpg (1080x1350, 126K)

Its good to do a heavy volume day a few times per month, but dont do it too often because you just wont recover for next training, and be more prone to injury because muslcles tear enourmously when big volume

Its fine just dont do it often

Joint problems most likely

>he's doing a brosplit

Stay small

im actually doing a ppl but i didnt want Veeky Forums to make fun of me for doing rows as my pull movement instead of deadlifts

Do both

>doing PPL

Attached: 1520824973360.jpg (485x443, 39K)

i normally do but i recently fucked up my rear delts doing heavy deadlifts because i've been neglecting training them
no bully pls

Long term, training beyond your recoverable limit will cause overuse injuries (joint pain, tendonitis, overall soreness), lack of progress, drop in libido, and extreme fatigue.

>Its good to do a heavy volume day a few times per month
so once or twice a week?
>you just wont recover for next training
in terms of cns frying?

If you managed to did 2h30 on back day, my guess is you lift like a wuss or browse your cellphone at the gym like a faggot

Deadlifts, t-bar rows and lat pull down should give your back a beating

Hit those face pulls m8

>deadlifts
>back

Never give advice again.

I skipped deadlifts for 6 years, started doing them 2 years ago. There is nothing like it for lower back and it's good for core and forearms.

Just don't be autistic and never go below 4-5 reps

CNS and both muscles just wont recover, do heavy volume 1x per 2 weeks. Weekly is also too much. Even people on steroids that make you recover like superman, need rest man

Jfc you really are a brainlet aren't you?

How about explaining what he’s doing wrong rather than just REEing about how he’s dumb?

No. But if you believe I'm a brainlet, please elaborate why

When it makes you tired and prone to getting ill, then it's too much.

Nothing wrong with taking more time. Old time strongmen would spend all day lifting, treating it mored like practice than exercise.

For most people, it's recommended to lift hard for an hour or less at a time because of diminishing returns and having unrelated professions.

Attached: 1506300059699m.jpg (683x1024, 152K)

You will get incredibly sore joints and tendons for zero extra muscle gain

That’s it really

more volume = more gains

What's wrong with ppl

faggots here hate all programs except the one they are currently running
that includes all programs they have run before and all programs they will run in the future