/owg/ Olympic weightlifting general

Rebecca is pure edition.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Feel free to post PRs, form checks etc

Attached: EF0A37EB-95EA-4278-9BB0-01429AD2D2FA.jpg (600x389, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0uFrOlvpGWc
youtube.com/watch?v=DwPtd0aFcpk
youtube.com/watch?v=65dDjs2Ogjs
youtube.com/watch?v=zJIxZhUUESM
youtube.com/watch?v=v-1MQ0Cnbhs
youtube.com/watch?v=d6bKrs6gbWk
docs.google.com/document/d/12Js2Iynw20BJVTGOob7EMfPUXh7vdsYj_dInkjHj0NA/edit
youtu.be/uU_6slo3Fmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i cant think of any other more meme sport besides weightlifting, all you need is a strong lowerback and just being flexible, its like lmao, less athletic sport ever

Attached: E0D4AFBF-2273-4F7B-BE00-9776DAE1A14F.gif (480x270, 1.45M)

Training log.

Snatch - (90kg/1)2, (85/1)10 EMOM
C+J - (105kg/2+1)3
Snatch Pull - (90/3)4
Squat - 170/5 PR, 160/3, 150/3

Working in more lifts at moderate intensities as I get closer to a meet. Feels good.

Adidas powerlifts 3.1 or adipowers? Or any other good weightlifting shoes yall recommend? I wear size 14.5-15 US

I'm that one bro that ran Megsquat's diddly program and added +35lbs. I modified the program to include squats, and I'm due to test my new 1RMs tomorrow.

Current
5'-9" @ 87kg
Snatch: 94kg
Clean and Jerk: 105kg

Deadlift: 152kg
Squat: 120kg

Hoping to hit:
Deadlift: 168kg
Squat: 136kg

I'd be happy with +1 kg on each of the classics for 95/106/201kg :3

Note: I based the program using -2.2kg of my 1RMs.

Attached: Capture.png (1217x398, 51K)

I auto-regulated weights for snatch and clean and jerk, but it typically looked like:

M: Snatch 6x2 @ 85%
W: Clean and Jerk 6x2 @ 85%
F: Snatch 4x2 @ 90%; Clean and Jerk 4x2 @ 90%

Percentages were all by feel.

M, W, F, and Sun were all climbing days (bouldering) for 1+hrs

Attached: 1519183956070.jpg (1080x1080, 82K)

Oh, competitive barbell hoisting is automatic autism, but I can still think of MANY more memey sports.

Take, for instance, basketball. A bunch of illiterate, awkward, insanely fragile dumbasses only there because they're tall struggling to put a ball through a hoop when defenders can't even tackle them, all the while falling over and crying so much they make soccer players look hard by comparison.

This is even before you consider the hashtag #Fact that it's a worked shoot booked by the management of whatever league, and controlled by the referees.

There are exactly three True Sports on this planet:
1.) Rugby Union
2.) Ice Hockey
3.) Curling

Everything else in meme shit for wankers (hashtag #MemeShit4Wankers)

Hi nigger

Press like you jerk?
youtube.com/watch?v=0uFrOlvpGWc

press as wide as you jerk?
youtube.com/watch?v=DwPtd0aFcpk

press as wide ad you jerk, and do a jerk negative?

youtube.com/watch?v=65dDjs2Ogjs
Which should you do?

Also what do you guys think of 3 position pause squats?

youtube.com/watch?v=zJIxZhUUESM

Plz help me fix up my routine.

Attached: abe of slain.png (719x652, 27K)

Just had to make this decision yesterday, went with the adipowers because the heels we're higher and one review I saw said the powerlifts weren't good for oly

american football > rugby. rugby is for pussies. they tackle soft as fuck because they're afraid of hurting each themselves. its why concussions are so much lower than football. football you fly in like a fucking rocket head first not giving a fuck about whats going to happen. every rugby player looks like a fat dad too. football is way more athletic, way faster, harder collisions, more skill, and more cte, which is the true indicator of chad status. take the best rugby team over the past 5 years, the all blacks, and the best NFL team in the past 5 years, Patriots, have them both play rugby, and the pats would fucking stomp them. seriously i swear to god 95%of professional rugby players cant even bench 2 plates. the sport is not/fit/, its not chad, its fucking betas masquerading as athletes in a soft sport.

Attached: bigdaddy.jpg (320x321, 27K)

look at these "true sport" athletes. if this is your best fucking team, then your sport is for fucking women and autists. compared to the average nfl player theyre 90% weaker, 70% slower and 100% bigger sissies

Attached: newzealandniggers.jpg (1384x764, 549K)

zzzzz

off you go

>too much of a soft, manlet, GDE bitch to compete in powerlifting/strongman competitions
>discover you can play with a bouncy bar instead
>become a crossfit cuckold
>mfw

lmaoooooooooooo embarrassing little faggots. no bump.

Attached: 1508471292340.png (244x251, 132K)

football youtube.com/watch?v=v-1MQ0Cnbhs

rugby youtube.com/watch?v=d6bKrs6gbWk

look how fucking soft rugby is. its fucking pitiful. for sure the lowest t of tackling sports.

>too much of a shitter to make it in olympic lifting
>turn to powerlifting
>begin to shitpost every thread about olympic lifting with only half ROM

neither, romaleos 2 are the best imo

Do heavy clean and snatch pulls instead of SDL

I know jackshit about rugby, but been around AMERICAN football a good portion of my life. Rugby players have pretty noticeable techniques because if they tackled the same as football players you'd see fatalities.

helmets, padding and neck braces have really upped the contact level in the NFL. Watch older nfl reels and you can clearly see that. Even back then however people were DYING regularly in the sport because of the concussive forces they generate because protective gear gives a sense of security.

Attached: 1355771394844.jpg (403x403, 12K)

seems like a meme to me

>max front squat before snatch
>max cj
>max jerk
>deliberately aiming to miss up to 9 lifts per session if not more

this is a fucking mess honestly, I didn't even get past monday

technique is stupid. i want to see 6'4" 240 lb motherfuckers dive head first into someone sprinting from 30 yards out.

It's not just the lack of padding. The way rugby works, even if you could get away with it the kind of tackling wouldn't be effective. You have to wrap and drag the guy because the default expectation is that each and every player is a competent passer and if you don't tie him up he'll get the ball away and now there's a gap in your defense.

Any particular reason why?

but it help with jerk positioning, and catching.

helps*

see thats why football is different. in football you slam into his head so fast he just crumples like a sack of bricks. theres lateralls in football too, but people get dropped way fucking faster.

what does, 3 position squat?

There's laterals, but the general assumption isn't that every player on the field can throw a decent twenty yard one at a moments notice, nor that there'll be a half dozen uncovered guys within easy range, nor that it doesn't even really matter if he misses/drops it provided it isn't an egregious fuckup.

You can try to spear the guy all you want. Ain't actually a smart play.

zone coverage is beta, man coverage is high t.

if you leave 6 guys uncovered you're a week team.

Clean and snatch pulls are better at developing the pull and can be done up to weights that are very similar to a max snatch or clean grip deadlift.

don't work up to misses regularly. give yourself a 'max' session every few weeks, but for the rest of the time aim for difficult but attainable lifts
singles at 75% is dumb. 70-85%: doubles and triples; 80-90%: doubles and singles
don't do heavy squats before classics, especially if you're maxing
don't max on a monday. put max day friday or saturday, and 'prime' yourself the rest of the week.
docs.google.com/document/d/12Js2Iynw20BJVTGOob7EMfPUXh7vdsYj_dInkjHj0NA/edit
this is a pretty good template if you're programming for yourself, which you should.

Do you guys ever squat with a weight that's been microloaded? Say for example, 172.5, 181, etc. I've been watching training videos and seen more and more of the big guys just doing 5 - 10kg jumps. Just wondering if microloading is pointless since we're not really training the squat for max strength

I heard a coach say that microloading is pointless because the weight is so heavy on squats, that a extra 1 kg is not gona make a difference

That makes sense. There's never been a time where I've been able to Squat something like 150kg and then being unable to do 155kg. Same with deadlifts (not that I train them anymore).

Last thread I complained about my knees and one of you asked me to post my squat form as it may be the reason for the pain
youtu.be/uU_6slo3Fmo

Can’t really tell much with this. The video gets darker as it progresses and I can barely see shit. The very least I can tell is that the bar path isn’t straight as the bar moves too much forward in the descent, so your knees which are the joints most forward in the hole may be taking a much more of the load than it needs to or can, causing pain.

Attached: 78874724-046F-425B-AABC-64CA87F9FC93.png (1242x2208, 1.61M)

Who vegan master race here?

I bet you also do crossfit, faggot

I respect your choice but please don’t bring that shit into here. It’ll only start shit flinging.

My phone is shite but thank you anyway

Attached: 577828_342577452475288_507331818_n1.jpg (636x960, 129K)

Are these shoes good? Adidas Adipower

Attached: adipower-white-44-2-3-adidas-budostore_1.png (436x436, 227K)

Thanks bro. Am I reading it right ? Clean and snatch only twice a weeek?

Hmmmm, but why not go heavier ?

Yrs

Ty for the reply tho. I read in practical programing that heavy fronts b4 cleans abs snatch prime the body.

Powerlifts are a casual crossfit shoe. They've got some flex to the sole so you can walk around in them, but they're fine for 90% of lifters wanting to do some oly stuff.

Adipowers are a proper stiff oly shoe.

yes, they're more or less the industry standard

>>max front squat before snatch
literally nothing wrong with this, fuck off with your shit advice

Anyone go Oleksiy Torokhtiy free routines?

Im not competing, can i just combine strength and tech blocks?

two or three times a week, depending on training needs.
squat days are separate because they are supposed to be taxing. 6 sets for reps over 85% plus heavy supplemental work. you could easily toss in some power variations as a warm up, or whatever, but i like that strength work has its own day.
you can do pretty much whatever you want, but i would try this kind of periodization for a couple 'cycles' first, volume-heavy-deload, for a couple cycles. i think you'll be surprised how effective it is even over a relatively short period of time.
if you're really trying to hone technique, just take more time on your warm ups to do drills, feel the positions, etc.

Attached: 1518111089904.jpg (456x716, 236K)

rate my power or nah? 69kg bw

Attached: 80KG_Powersnatch.webm (720x1280, 2.08M)

Dude what is this monday?
Work up to doubles 80-85%, aim for singles at 90% at most. After a 4-6 weeks you should try and max out. And dont go after the misses, it creates bad patterns. Light work, technique work on snatch/ c&j every day. Heavy pulls/squats now and then. Front squats after snatch or snatch pulls, back squats after C&jerk or clean pulls.

Then over time you increase the workloads in terms of weight in both lifts week by week whilst improving/maintaining technique. After 6-8 weeks you should join a competition or just try and max out both lift to see if you've progressed.

Google some well known starter program.

>Rugby players have pretty noticeable techniques because if they tackled the same as football players you'd see 9001% more missed tackles

Fixed. NFL defensive backs are some of the worst tacklers on earth. That's why, like any other illiterate retard, they aren't allowed out of the house without head protection.

Maybe they just don't have the wind to do anything more than hamfistedly dive at a guy's legs after running for more than 4 seconds.

It also has to do with a lack of forward pass in rugby. Because of this and offsides rules, most players are going to be what American football would call "established ball carriers" when a defender gets to them. You have to actually wrap these people up to tackle them, you can't just shoulder check them as they're trying to catch a pass 15 yards downfield. You'll notice this whenever you see a defensive back try to tackle someone who has had the ball for more than two steps. They are fucking hopeless.

Also, the rule in rugby that, if you aren't held to the ground when you're "tackled," you can just get up and keep running (as opposed to the "down by contact" rules in American football), necessitates that defenders wrap and stay wrapped.

Also, when you're tackled, the refs blow the play dead and you get another free play. Because possession is SO much less fluid in American football, risking fumbles is SO much less worth it.

Aside from the odd QB-Pitch-To-RB play (which I don't see much of in the NFL anymore), you'll see them bust out the laterals when it's very obviously the last play of the game, and the team absolutely must score to win or tie, AND they're too far in their own end to throw it straight into the endzone. And even then, they're really, really bad at it, because they naturally spend their time practicing shit they do more than once a season.

It upsets me the local coach for weightlifting is really bad and has never produced an athlete who made the national team.

nah dawg, your hip joint's clearly below the knee
looks pretty clean, though

if you're an absolute beginner programming for yourself, maxing out your squat every week before you do the lifts is pretty bad advice

>Curling

Take that back you fucking kike. Curling is the White Man's chess.

isn't chess the white man's chess?

I don't remember practical programming too well but 'heavy' is relative, a heavy front squat as warm-up has different connotations to max front squat

also it's max front squat before max snatch, big diff

Nigger I got a 143kg squat

>beginner
Lolz fuck off

Front squat

Bumpin this

>143 front squat
>not a beginner

Attached: 1520283122786.gif (300x200, 2.74M)

If I'm not doing many reps, I have no problem doing max front squats before my lifts. I tend to do only singles, and go 60-85-100-120-max (142 is my current max at 80kgs bodyweight). But I'm a dyel, so whatever.

Attached: New world record for Talakhadze - from YouTube.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

Ok what’s not a beginner squat?

Will my wrists get used to the front squat position if I keep practicing? I can back squat 205kg ATG, but tried front squat for first time (just getting into oly lifting) and could barely even pickup 1pl8 with my wrists like that. I think the squatting part would be easy if I can get the wrist part up to speed

225 ez. no man should fail this lift.

fix your upper back mobility/positioning and it won't be a problem

Don't pop up onto your heels at the top. There is no reason for it, and it causes you to land back on the floor with a weight on your shoulders, which, while it might not be the cause of your knee pain, cannot possibly be helping.

Yes. Do slow, heavy stuff AFTER anything requiring a lot of speed or explosiveness. You can grind out a squat if you need to. It is literally impossible to grind out a snatch.

beginner weightlifter != beginner lifter

chances are 90% of the people have shit tek and babby lifts (including myself)

idk maybe you're not actually dyel, 140fs should translate to roughly 130 cj which is intermediate for an 80kg lifter

Hows this look? Im going to make a couple more you guys are more then welcome to help me clean them up.

Attached: mobility 1.png (1919x540, 1.45M)

Attached: mobility 1.png (1919x540, 1.09M)

Attached: mobility 2.png (1771x598, 758K)

Attached: mobility 3.png (1924x553, 745K)

Attached: mobility 4.png (1920x670, 1.27M)

JTS has the best mobility information, i might make a better version of these later on, i am of course still learning.

Attached: mobility 5.png (1793x1018, 781K)

You're all weak autistic larpers

oww my feelings

owww my soul

you extend your ankles before you extend the knees. Heels should stay on the ground as long as possible. I think you could push better against the ground, if you just started the knee extension earlier and delayed the ankle extension. Also you do this little jump 10 cm backwards

technically not a power snatch matey

Is this high enough to be considered a power snatch?

Attached: 58AB5623-4B39-4FE2-A55F-8DA90017334A.jpg (1242x2208, 1.53M)

>TBI and concussions are praise worthy goals for athletes

user stop, you’re ganna give me an aneurysm with your pathetic IQ

That's the thin line between them. There's also an exercise where you're supposed to hit that "half squat" depth.

Would prob give it 2-1 for a power snatch

yes

depends though, I'm in the camp that so long as you caught it and didn't ride it down and it's at least at parallel, it's a power. The 'power or nah' game is facile bullshit tb.h

post your 225 fs then

Attached: ilya-cover.jpg (640x640, 93K)

ty

No. Also, you look like that "Abstract Kind of Feel" picture.

Made pathetic PRs.

Snatched 88kg, jumped to 93kg but missed three times.

Moved on to back squat, hit 125kg. Tried 129kg but failed.

Moved on to clean and jerk, hit 98kg, jumped to 102kg but failed three times.

Moved on to deadlift, hit 143kg, jumped to 156kg but couldn't get it off the floor.

Finally, finished with a 93kg bench. Tried but failed 95kg.

Overall, I think I accumulated too much fatigue from all the deadlifts and squats. Also, I think trying to do a max day like this is too much. Like doing a powerlifting meet mixed with a weightlifting meet.

I'm gonna take a deload week starting Monday and start bjj the following week, so probably put weightlifting/strength training on the background a bit.

Attached: 1521183662013.jpg (901x1200, 132K)

Rebeka?

Attached: C21F2825-8363-45C1-BB70-C907BA3BC036.jpg (640x747, 217K)

Im going to try this out, what do you guys think, anything i should change? I used anons Chinese training link as reference. Should i do a work up single for clean separately and jerk separately thi? Why and why not?
4-Day Intensity cycle

Day 1 (snatch focus)
Snatch - work up to heavy single - 5 attempts at most
clean and jerk 5x3
bench press 3x10
Conditioning

Day 2 (push focus)
Back squat -work up to a heavy single - 3x5
OHP work up to a heavy single - 3x5
Seal rows 3x5

Day 3 (clean focus)
Clean and jerk - work up to heavy single - 5 attempts at most
snatch 5x2
conditioning

Day 4 (front squat focus)
Front squat -3x5
snatch pull alternated with clean pull 3x5
GHR 3x before failure
lat pull down 3x10

Attached: samanta-lily.jpg (510x680, 94K)