How do I stretch/exercise the quadratus lumborum...

How do I stretch/exercise the quadratus lumborum? I have lower back pain but all the exercises on youtube are fucking retarded.

Attached: download.jpg (227x222, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heskiers.com
posturedirect.com/quadratus-lumborum-stretch/
youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI?t=228
youtu.be/TXh1oLXb6zk?t=122
youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl0YouZ-ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=JawPBvtf7Qs
youtu.be/1VoVUotBIns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good mornings

Yea good morning to you too but please give me exercise suggestions.

>but all the exercises on youtube are fucking retarded.

so you ask Veeky Forums..

you'r retarded

Attached: 1519516975706.png (214x236, 4K)

Kek

seriously though good mornings are great you can stretch it out that way by going slow and start real low

Get this puppy: heskiers.com

>I have lower back pain

Go see a PT. They'll diagnose your specific issue and teach you exercises to correct it.

Side planks. Though I'm dubious as to whether training that muscle will get rid of your back pain.

Glute planks has done wonders for my lower back dunno if it will address your problem tho

sit on your ass with straight legs, bend your right leg so that the ball of your foot is touching the inned side of your left knee, then proceed to grab the outer edge of your left foot with your right hand
if you don't feel any stretch tilt your upper body in the direction you are grabbing, as if reaching further
that's how you stretch the right side
do the same to the opposite side

Attached: 20170804120733.original.png (521x469, 171K)

Veeky Forums autists are usually more educated than youtube ecelebs

Do you have a video?(not op)

I don’t know what that move is called and couldnt even find a picture, so no. I discovered it on my own at some point while fucking around trying to solve some lower back pain.

no expert but I doubt stretching it would help much. I would treat it like apnterior pelvic tilt, stretch hip flexors etc, strengthen abs and so forth. Also I messed up yesterday, so lower back hurts. I do 30s hang from pull-up bar, careful belly dance 20 reps left, 20 right, pelvis tilts 20 times and it feels much better.

Foam rolling
The cat and camel
Downward facing dog
Side to side knee twist

Yoga

These and wide legged forward folds. Yoga can save your ass.

Seriousa?

You will feel this in your buttocks and hamstrings, but those being too short is the cause of lower backpains most of the time

Attached: ee645a0537bd2adc_glute_stretch_twist[1].jpg (550x367, 14K)

Lie back on the floor
Bring your knees to your chest
Curl up into a ball and pull on your legs

OP, if only you'd typed your question into a search engine....

posturedirect.com/quadratus-lumborum-stretch/

user....i

Attached: 1488654521698.jpg (641x530, 44K)

do this first. worked on my machine
youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI?t=228

then after that, u try this
youtu.be/TXh1oLXb6zk?t=122

UNDERRATED

No one should be this specific about what muscle to work

You don't stretch the lumbar region under any circumstances at all. Get yourself a copy of one of McGill best-sellers if you're serious about it. But my guess is that you are not.
You know, I don't even bother to give detailed advices on this board any more, hint is there, it's up to you to do the rest.

how long should recovery take, because I feel canditos was a bit extensive, a whole year. I haven't been working out for a month and suicide is already creeping up on me. I strained my right lower back

>they'll tell it's some meme problem, whichever one they've been exposed to previously

Truth is, lower back problems never have ONE cause. And fixing lower back problems is a journey over years (if ever) so no trainer or even therapist can have enough experience with clients to reliably say "this is your problem, here's how you fix it". It's all just a guessing game, no matter what expert you ask.

can't do these anymore, they hurt my knees.

how the fuck do they "get to short?"

youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl0YouZ-ZY

youtube.com/watch?v=JawPBvtf7Qs

psoas and ql health are the same thing ultimately.
Is this pre or post workout?

Mantis Pose, faggots.
youtu.be/1VoVUotBIns