Have you ever had oneitis user? Tell me about it

Have you ever had oneitis user? Tell me about it.

Attached: Therapist.png (260x458, 184K)

her ?

>nerdy
>cute as heck with freckles
>some coworkers say shes weird
>ask her out one day after weeks of autism from my side
>she turns around and walks away without saying a word
>next monday she smiles to me

>fast forward many weeks
>she initiates talks with me, smiles and is in general really sweet to me
>want to ask her out but wait too long
>friendzoned myself
>she goes for chad but i wasnt aware of it

now im kind of trying to get over her, but its been months and im still thinking about her on and off.

To keep it Veeky Forums related, i wanted to get in shape after first try (and before that honestly) because i realized i will never get girl im attracted to if im going to be skinnyfat forever.

Now that im approaching 5pl8 deadlift, i realized only being bigger doesnt mean everything, and im trying to fix my fucking head too.

Shame on me, from what i have seen (of course could be illusion) she would be wife material, but i didnt act on it.

Dont be like me bros

Attached: 1504983147691.jpg (864x922, 118K)

Oh god, why do you want to know?
It took me 4 years to get over her and be okay with what happened when we broke up.

Attached: 1512428505737.jpg (1038x1004, 137K)

>Get rejected my big oneitis 4 years ago
>She invited me to her place to hang out and stay over, but it was obvious it was "as friends", especially because she kept mentioning her ex
>After hanging out with her one time after that, I went no-contact, ignored her on social media and eventually blocked her
>During that time and before, I had multiple girls pursue and hit on me
>They would escalate with me (start making out with me, send nudes)
>Get what I want and cut contact
>Fast forward to now
>Still don't know if I can open up and have an actual gf
>Not sure if I should put off having a gf because I only just got a job after being a NEET for a year, haven't started lifting properly, want to go to uni next year and study CS, build my YouTube channel, become a better artist etc

What do?

Attached: Pieck2.png (530x617, 461K)

My Case of Oneitis Part 1

My ex from a little over 2 years ago. We met because when I was about 17 I became a heavy drinker. Parents sent me to rehab and I've been sober since.

When I left rehab I went to what is called an "APG" (Alternative Peer Group). Essentially AA for teenagers but far more structured. She joined the group maybe 6 months after I did.

She was beautiful. She was pretty fit, a gymnast's build. She had beautiful green eyes and a shaved head. I have a thing women who pull off short hair. Don't hate.

We became friends and got to know each other pretty well. Thanks to the meetings we attended, we knew pretty much every dark secret each other had. We texted every now and then but romantic or sexual relationships between other group members were a no-no.

That summer I quit the APG because I was going to college soon. At that point we hung out a few times and texted frequently. One night after we hung out she asked if she could call me.

We made small talk for a while, but I didn't know why she called until after we hung up and she texted me: "In case you haven't figured it out, user. I'm pretty mad at you." Obviously, I didn't know so she explained that she really liked me and thought I was playing dumb. (Truth is I just thought she'd never go for a clean cut, nerdy, gymaholic like myself.) I told her I'd think it over so I didn't seem desperate to date her. A week later I asked her out.

That summer was one of the best and most magical summers of my life.

Attached: storytime.jpg (1231x613, 53K)

Why cut these girls off?

I was in love with the girl next door since i was 9. Everyone in 4th grade onwards called us married and my parents thought it was the cutest thing ever until they found out we were exploring and having pretend sex at 11. Then we were teenagers and it became awkward as fuck. We drifted apart and went to different highschools, but I still stalked her on Facebook and wished her happy birthday and such.

Then at 19 i found out through Facebook that she had been splattered by a drunk driver. I didnt go to the funeral and still have dreams about her and forget she's dead

I just didn't feel that spark where I'd want to pursue them long term. Unless they give me that at first glance, I won't bother taking it further.

My Case of Oneitis Part 2

After the summer ended, it was time for me to go to college. Fortunately, it was only approximately a 3 hour drive from my home. My girlfriend and I decided to try a long distance relationship. I would visit every other weekend.

During my time at college there were many temptations. However, I was head over heels in love with her. I would endure anything and do anything just to make her happy. I avoided any contact with women who I felt were threats to our relationship and I only focused on four things: school, acting, weightlifting, and her.

I got good grades, performed in a couple of school shows, made some good gains, and cherished every moment I spent with her.

Unfortunately, she did not seem as focused as I was. She did wild shit with her friends back home and was always on questionable behavior. She would always tell me when she made a new friend who was a guy. I excused it despite how it hurt sometimes. I just assumed maybe she liked me being jealous at times and her crazy behavior was just her way of having fun. I stayed on my grind, becoming almost monkish.

Finally, summer came. This was a little more difficult and less magical. She didn't seem into me as much so I became insecure. She didn't make much of an effort to see me so I usually picked up the slack. The honeymoon phase was most definitely over. We fought every now and then. For some reason she became insecure and thought that I intended to leave her by the time summer ended. She cried about her fears to me multiple times. I responded by doubling down. I spent more time with her, did more romantic things, etc.

Good news came eventually. She had decided to attend my college with me. I was so excited to have her with me, and I was determined to help her succeed in school.

Soon after she got to college I realized that she was not very motivated to work hard, though. She slacked off on her homework, went out with friends a lot, and took me for granted.

Attached: empty-street-at-night-1.jpg (1920x1200, 138K)

Yeah, at 17. I'm still a kissless virgin 4 years later because I wouldn't even look at other grills and I took no opportunities. I'm so pathetic

Few times, even. Each one was an average qt, turned down by all of them.
Cant catch feels for any girl since, they have mentally scarred me.

Probably going to die alone thanks to those cunts.

Don't keep me hanging bro. Give me part 3 asap, need to go.

I never go back to oneitis, I just swap girls over and over. Just talk to different girls, no reason to have some fantasy and never play it out. Plus, you may realize that she isnt interesting after hanging out with her.

Why didn't you go to the funeral? Just curious

My Case of Oneitis Part 3

We started arguing a lot. She became very distant, and I responded by doing the same. I was too tired to try anymore. I nitpicked every mistake she made and became a complete tightass. I stopped making attempts to be romantic and instead only cared about the results that my pursuits rendered me. I also held her to the same high standards I held myself to. She did poorly in school, and I was suspecting that she was cheating on me. I stopped initiating sex with her, and she complained about this often.

Everything fell apart in October, about a week before Halloween. We stopped texting and talking for a whole week. Finally she came to my apartment one day. I already sensed what was about to happen. I handed her some things in my apartment that belonged to her and we sat on the couch.

After a long silent pause she told me "user, I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm unhappy with you." Everything seemed surreal at that point and my emotions shut off. I asked if she'd paid off some tickets that she'd gotten on my car. She confirmed she had. I led her to the door and she told me she still loved me. I didn't respond as I started to unlock it. She asked for at least a hug before she left and I complied. I held her for a second one last time and then I reached out with a hand and opened the door. She started walking out. As she was going down the stairs I called out to her and told her "good luck."
"You too" she replied and I closed the door.

"Freedom!" I sighed to myself. I sat down and listened to music for a while until the shock finally wore off.
I cried for that entire day until one of my friends called me and we went out to a hookah lounge in order to cheer me up.

Attached: heart_floating_away_by_sophiesmallperson.jpg (600x800, 171K)

I assume there is a part 4?

Did you try actually fucking them?

I doubt it.

Almost reached a point where I can't have oneitis anymore. I have goals. I'm amazed how I can actually shrug a cutie becoming unavailable (travel/work) and just move to the next.

That shit would have teared me up a year ago.

My Case of Oneitis Part 4

My grades slipped and I stopped finding joy in many things. I couldn't stop thinking about my ex. I got myself a fuckbuddy, but she meant nothing to me. I cut her off once she hinted at dating.
Later that year I found myself a good group of friends. It was a group of about 5 other gymaholics. We would train hard from 8 at night to midnight in the school rec center then we would sit outside talking until 2 or even 3 in the morning. We discussed many things. Culture, training, philosophy, etc. It helped me stop from entering too deep of a depression. Unfortunately, as people graduated and left we stopped hanging out. Things changed and so did my friend group.

I joined the school powerlifting team. Every time I have a hard rep or set I remember the pain still there of my ex leaving me and how much she meant to me. That pain drives me even now as I pursue my school, acting, and powerlifting. I have been incredibly successful in all of these fields, but I still cannot fill that hole she left me with.

We have only talked once since and that was over a year ago. My ex wanted to apologize and catch up with me. She offered to get coffee and I said I'd consider it but I didn't mean it. I never want to be near her because I know I would fall in love all over again. I cannot afford that.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Part 5: Epilogue

I have never fallen in love ever since. I think in nothing but practicalities and personal accomplishments. There is no empathy or warmth. Everything to me is calculation or a challenge to be crushed. There is no magic in it, only a blind rush of cold productivity. I do not do anything romantic or believe in romance.

Despite this, I have attempted to date still. I dated one girl for about 4 months. I let go of her as easily as one would drop a pen or tear a sheet of paper. Even the woman I am dating now, who by all means should be the perfect personality match for me, I feel nothing for.

The woman I wish my ex was doesn't exist. I realize this, and it was confirmed with our brief conversation we had over a year ago. She still is an idealistic fool who intends to not work hard or take responsibility for her own life and its many failures.

However, I can't help but to fantasize of the girl she had pretended to be during that first magical summer. That exciting girl with the shaved head who I met in that APG group. The one who was madly in love with me and I with her.

I hope one day to break through this hardness that has formed over what once was a joyful, giving, playful, romantic heart. However, I do not see it happening anytime soon.

A closing note, I believe York from Red Vs. Blue said it the best:
"I understand why she did what she did.
I just wish she hadn't"

Attached: york.png (458x258, 81K)

Never.
Don't understand how you faggots get stuck on a girl, or anyone for that matter, once you see that they are not interested in you.
Move on with your fucking life, think about other girls (or should I say boys, you faggots)
In the grand scheme of things, no one is special. That girl you think is special, will probably guzzle down on 20 random cocks before "settling down".
tl;dr move on with your life and don't be a faggot