Is the 100m dash the ultimate test of raw athleticism?

Is the 100m dash the ultimate test of raw athleticism?

Attached: usain-bolt-c1e93ce7c79711a5.jpg (2047x1309, 303K)

No but it is the ultimate test of who can run 100m the fastest. No other even can compete in this. Debate me.

I would say the 800m is

what would be a better test of raw athleticism then?

Decathlon is a better test of athleticism, but it still doesn't involve turning or fighting or lifting things.

I would say the 950m is

The truth

arm wrestling

I'd agree. Faster mile time>100m dash.

Starting a campfire

I'm more of a hoplitodromos guy myself

obstacle courses are better

The ultimate test of raw athletes is dihydroxytestosterone. Proven PED used by any athlete worth their merit.

i would agree to say the 800m is more challenging than the 100m both mentally and physically but i would disagree that its a better raw test of POWER

billiards

Nobody in this thread used the word POWER except you. ...and now me.

Ancient pentathlon
>long jump
>discus
>javelin
>sprint
>wrestling

Attached: Pentathlete.jpg (1389x1799, 1.4M)

stick to one specific EVENT

Building a two stories house.

>most competitive sport in the world
>largest pool of competitors
>winner is decided by who can produce the largest amount of power in the shortest amount of time
>reaction time
>very little to no strategy required
id say yes

Attached: 8f8.jpg (678x674, 69K)

technically speaking the vertical jump is the ultimate test of raw athleticism

i've seen untrained kids with amazing genetics do really well their first time in the 100m, that's hardly a test of athleticism. It's just genetics. Honestly if the thread is about "raw athleticism" it'd probably be a hurdle event, considering it's power/agility/coordination. I wouldn't even consider raw explosiveness a key trait of "athleticism", anybody is capable of explosive power, few can translate that to actual performance though.

adjective
physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports:
an athletic child.
of, like, or befitting an athlete.
of or relating to athletes; involving the use of physical skills or capabilities, as strength, agility, or stamina:

>good at athletics or sports:

being good at the 100m doesn't translate to being a good wide reciever, running back, soccer player, basketball player, and etc

>like, or befitting an athlete

again, being able to sprint fast has little translation to actual sports or "athletics". It's an advantage, but I would place coordination and agility leaps and bounds beyond pure sprinting

>nvolving the use of physical skills or capabilities, as strength, agility, or stamina:

>strength
little
>agility
little
>stamina
little

the 100m is not the "best test of raw athleticism", why wouldn't you at least say the 200m? Which is the sprinting of the 100m, + actual stamina

>largest pool of competitors
Naw. There's no money involved. Soccer has a much larger pool but they are mostly dyel. Football has a smaller pool but generally attracts the best american athletes and they often have combine sprint speeds not far off while only really practicing that sprint for the combine. Football also has more power produced in an even shorter amount of time, so your definition doesn't hold up well for 100m. I still wouldn't call either of the 3 the best test of raw athleticism.

Jumping Tbh

Those are events.

There are some clumsy fucks that can jump really high.

the ironman duh

I'd say 687m is

lol how the midlife crisis going? old man

Attached: 1501415977722.jpg (300x400, 24K)

400m I would say, good mix of power, anaerobic/aerobic respiration & mental fortitude. To improve it further maybe a bareknuckle fist fight after the finish line

SPORTS
like rugby
>Cardio
>Strength
>Speed
>toughness

can you read

I did a 100 meter race at 15.24 seconds
I know its bad

Attached: 1521074236954.jpg (1000x773, 591K)

I don't understand, what's wrong with an Iron Man? Are you guys just automatically projecting? Or is there a legitimate reason to dislike these?

*autistically

Javelin throw

DECATHLON! decathlon!

>soccer
You mean football, right?

this

Endurance is not athleticism, and the 100mi run is a better test of that than an IM.
I would listen to a case for Oly distance tri, but iron distance has messed up race proportions.

the clean & jerk and snatch is

trips of truth
Would also accept
There's nothing wrong with IM. It just doesn't test agility, top end speed, explosive power, hand-eye coordination, quick thinking, nor strength. It's great for macro strategy and endurance, but not for other markers of athleticism.

maybe but no one does those lifts so the pool of competitors is tiny.
also it takes a lot of technique

MMA
Its the ultimate test for your mind and body, nothing else comes even close.

It's the long jump or a vertical jump. Athleticism
= explosiveness

>800m
Slow-twitch loser detected.

>ironman

HOOOOOLY fuck. Just go wither away and die, soyboy twig.

>There are some clumsy fucks that can jump really high.

Good genes. If you don't have a vertical of 20+ inches without training, you are fucked for sports.

i could see it, but also its a lot of mental strategy and technique required.
Not sure id call it RAW athleticism

Chess

too much skill involved. usain bolt would perform the worst in an amateur team yet would be more athletic than every one of them

starcraft