What Can a Beginner Do Instead of Squatting?

I LITERALLY cannot squat. The only way for me to squat at all is to have a laughably huge stance, which causes me to lean forward way too much. I’ve nearly killed myself multiple times in the past 3 months while convincing myself that I can squat, but I just cannot. Is there another exercise OR set of exercises I can do to replace squatting?

Attached: 596621EC-45E5-4F85-8206-47F207FE8C43.jpg (620x349, 120K)

Start stretching and practice it until you can, faggot

For the record, I do deadlift, so I am getting some leg work in

I’m doing Phraks GSLP

I don't squat. Excellent replacements are bulgarian split squats, lunges, leg press, and trap bar deadlifts.

Start with some weight you can do with perfect or at least well enough form.

Read the technique and see videos of it, and do as it says. Press on your heels, don’t lean forward.

box squats will help a ton for getting your form right, and will work out the stabilizer muscles you need. Start with body weight, not the bar.

Lunges are a good alternative until you can get your squat down, and you can progressively add weight. Remember to do your stretches as well!

try squatting without a fucking bar?

i would advise working on your ability with some phone rolling on your calves and your hips, everyone can squat its just a matter of finding the right stance/leverage that fits your body.

I quite seriously cannot squat body weight at shoulder width

>I LITERALLY cannot squat
wrong

Put something under your ankle, at a height you are comfortable with, squat, take height away, repeat

Start doing goblet squats, lunges, weighted glute bridges and weighted hyper extensions
If you do those exercises seriously and progress on them as well as stretch at least 5x a week. I can guarantee that you'll be able to do a normal barbell squat after a month

All of these posts are good
Although everyone always says to stretch without telling you what to stretch
Pic related is a stretching routine that helped me and a few of my mates squat better. Even the upper body portion of the stretching routine is beneficial
Do the warmup AT LEAST before every workout and on your off days if you can be fucked

Google the exercises if you don't know how to do them

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-17-13-04-47-53.png (1080x1920, 145K)

Mobility*
Foam*
my brain isnt working but i think you understood what i meant.

Leg press and deadlift.

you could just address your inflexibility issues with a foam roller and lacrosse ball so that you can actually squat properly

I’m like you except I’ve tried for almost two years before I gave up.

Leg press has helped me grow my legs in a similar fashion that squats have.

People always say some meme answer about mobility or stretching. That doesn’t fix leverages and hip socket anatomy.

yeah dude, and fatties just have slow metabolisms

is it fine if your upper body is leaning forward like you have shit in your ass when doing backsquats?

As a toddler you could squat, it was your default method of picking stuff off the ground. You can squat you just don't remember how because you've been lazy and don't have the ability to FEEL your muscles.

because mobility and stretching is the answer to the problem, it's not a meme answer.

Toddlers also have completely different proportions to adults. Lot easier to squat well when you've got the ratios of a literal dwarf.

Guaranteed if you never stopped squatting as you grew up you'd never have any issues.