Name a more overrated meme exercise

Name a more overrated meme exercise

Attached: barbellsquat.png (1320x803, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CAwf7n6Luuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Curls

dumbell bench press

Bullshit, dumbell bench is way more useful than barbell bench, and therefore not a meme

why is he only squatting 115?

>overrated
deadlifts
>meme
behind the neck pull downs

I totally agree, doing squats above parallel is completely useless, and should never be incorporated into a real program.

If anything deadlifts are underrated because they're probably the least dyel lift yet they should be a part of any proper regimen.

why are pulldowns bad?

incline jump squat

pull downs are not, done correctly
doing them behind the back is a one way ticket to snap city

Low test from not having a dick.

you've gotta tear muscle to build muscle

>not barbell

>but m-my symmetry
>b-but I don't need maximum resistance to elicit optimal growth

shit i'll stop doing them
whats the proper way?

Attached: joke.gif (635x370, 1.2M)

just not behind the back, keep them in front of you, and bring the bar down to touch your chest. back should be mostly upright. don't do that lean back cheat

Here you go. youtu.be/CAwf7n6Luuc

Delete this

i only see dyels dumbell bench press so it must be true

Bench Press

The only correct answer

Why

Easily deadlifts. risk reward ratio is too high.
No other exercise has given me bigger arms. fuck off

Attached: 1518100070115.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>bench press
>bigger arms
kys

no

Attached: notitle23.png (679x502, 18K)

>deadlifts
>risk reward
>not bench press that has the highest risk reward of getting stuck under the bar without spotters or catchers
If you have half a brain, deadlifts are the safest among all compound movements

Attached: Sit-Ups-2-min[1].jpg (1920x1280, 197K)

I agree bench press fucked my shoulder.

Yes, but the military makes you do them and there's no better way to train them than do them sadly

>military
Welfare queen

Oh well. Getting 40k a year while doing my degree seems pretty cash

ITT: OP and other weak shit boys with a shit squat like himself try to cope with the fact that they're testosterone deficient, perpetually emasculated cowards.

Attached: 1518842977071.jpg (258x245, 23K)

I hate crunches they're just easy and don't do much. You don't even really need to do them to be good at them. You should do good core excercises that are difficult instead and be better off. I only ever do them right before and during a PFT to practice the form so I can knock em out quickly.

worst advice ive ever seen in my 4 years of Veeky Forums

Front Squats are superior for quads anyway, Romanian Diddly for Hams
Non dumbbell benches are a meme

Leg press is more efficient and stimulates the muscle groups better than a squat, this isn't uncommon knowledge. You are really showing the depth of your ignorance in biomechanics and sports science.

>maximum resistance not possible with dumbells

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

t. weak, coping faggot with a shit squat and absolutely no idea what the hell is going on

I can't.

Squats fuck your knees, there's plenty of alternatives, yet people insist on it.

>jokes on you i was only pretending

>replying 2 hours late to get mad

Attached: 1395420338152.png (349x836, 154K)

>pseudo intellectual faggot tries hard and makes himself look ignorant anyway: the post

I'm pulling 200kg on my squat, if you retards want to larp online about actual broscience and do your knees in be my guests lads

im not the dude you replied to faggot

neither am I, retard

>I'm pulling 200kg on my squat
>pulling
>squat

t. can't squat 135 lbs for shit because he a dainty twink bitch

Attached: 1519600707752.jpg (1616x1639, 735K)

>calling yourself a retard

congrats

Attached: you.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>being unable to follow a reply chain with three parties
shouldnt expect much from someone who replies 2 hours late

Attached: 1510789535062.png (645x729, 56K)

>knees
Leg press is the absolute worst thing you can do for your knees, hips and lower back.
The only way a leg press is somewhat OK is when you do it with a single leg.

Yes, it might hit your quads better than the squat - but the squat still hits many more muscle groups which makes it an overall more effective exercise. That is why many simply squat and then leg press/ isolate quads for further volume.
But as you should know, quads being a gigantic muscle group, their maximum effective volume is pretty damn low so you do not need to pump it like you would pump your biceps.

And that's why people have to drop about 25% from their BB BP, you fucking giblet head.

Both of you shut the fuck up.

There are far better methods to hit your stabilisers than the squat, that are more efficient and don't run the risk of putting a disc out, I haven't got the first clue how you've come to the understanding that the leg press motion is terrible for your knees and hips, your lower back won't have issues if you deadlift and are a seated correctly and don't curl your tailbone. The point being illustrated is most all workouts that involve major groups will run the risk of injury, some exponentially more than others and in this case the leg press is over all better and yields the same results.

Autistic cannot extrapolate from allegory, metaphor or turn of phrase, so are you a professional moron or gifted amateur?

t. deadliftlet

>there are better ways
There are better ways do hit all the muscles and train all the movement patterns that the squat does in one exercise?
Yeah .. hit me up with it, I am waiting.

Yes, the leg press is infinitely worse for your lower back than the deadlift or the squat, because you are literally being pinned into your seat by weight that you don't control. You sit there and the entire weight that you are pressing is pushed into your spine, that's it.
That is the reason why leg press is so much easier - you don't get to control the weight yourself, you just let yourself get pinned against the seat.
Talk to anyone with an understand of physical exercise and the implications on your body and he will tell you that leg press is amongst the worst of all exercises for your spine.

>he doesn't provide an argument why
Pure retard

>deadlifts are the safest compound movement
what are pulldowns, incline bench, glute bridge, ssb box squats

if you honestly believe the deadlift is the safest compound movement you have a 2 digit iq

Hahaha burst out laughing, thx fgt

>pulldowns, incline bench, glute bridge, ssb box squats
Holy shit you're retarded.
>pulldowns
Not a real compound
>incline bench
Tell me how the bail is safer than the deadlift?
>glute bridge
LMAO
>safety squat bar box squats
Literally can't bail when shit hits the fan
You literally let go of the deadlift and that's it, you're safe.
I honestly think your 4 years on this board has lowered of IQ to the point that it can't be recovered

absolutely hilarious

see
Retard

calling me a retard and denying a compound movement is a compound movement isn't a counter argument. saying the deadlift is the safest movement because you can drop the bar is not an argument. saying lmao is not an argument. implying the only measure of safety is in the failed rep, not the completed rep, is not an argument.

my last (You). i pray you're baiting me because the thought of someone preaching deadlifts as the safest compound is so baffling to me it actually just makes me sad that someone out there can exist

So I was right, you literally don't know how to deadlift properly. I feel sorry for you with your 4 years of lifting experience and still unable to pull the easiest lift of them all.
>implying the only measure of safety is in the failed rep, not the completed rep, is not an argument.
Where my argument stands on flat bench press, fatigue can cause your form to breakdown and even then a completed rep will fuck up your shoulder.
You sound like a bitter dyel honestly.

t. chicken legs

>squat only trains quads and glutes
We have a bad case of lightweight brainlet

Attached: 1520702079626.jpg (645x729, 71K)

>squat only trains lower body

Attached: e02.jpg (645x588, 57K)

>An exercise is overrated because some other exercise works better a particular muscle.
I guess I'll stop doing any compounds.

Why not do both?
>barbell bench at 5-6 reps
>db bench at 10-12 reps

Agreed. Bench press is the dullest lift in the history of compound lifts. Seriously each rep following the unracking of the bar and it's plates from the rack as it weighs down on your horizontally positioned body has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the minimal carryover into sports performance, the lifts' only consistency has been its lack of chest development and ineffective use of the front delts, all to make lifting lazy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rippetoe vetoed the idea of adding weighted dips to Starting Strength; he made sure the book would never be mistaken for an effective program that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his live seminars. The bench press might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-weighted dip in its refusal of coordination, beauty and functionality. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least for novices it's good
"No!"
The lift is dreadful; the results are terrible. As user benched, I noticed that every time he went for a rep, he wrote instead that he "made absolutely no chest gains" later on Veeky Forums

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The bench press is so governed by ego and gymbro wankery that it has no other practical application. Later I watched a lavish, loving youtube review of bench pressing by the same Jason Blaha. He said something to the effect of, "If these kids are benching at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to do Ice Cream Fitness." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you bench you are, in fact, trained to become a fucking fatass.

What is the reasoning for those rep ranges? Are db better for hypertrophy?

Found the guy who sucks at bench

>Romanian Diddly
Literally the sub-par version of SLDL

What about the machine leg press instead?

incline unracking is more risky than the lift itself