Are you allowed to join a crossfit gym and just lift as you please or do they force you to do all of their weird...

are you allowed to join a crossfit gym and just lift as you please or do they force you to do all of their weird autistic shit? or can you just lift?

crossfit gyms always have the best equipment it seems, proper power racks, Olympic plates some even have atlas stones but i don't want to be forced to adhere to one of their weirdo regimes

Attached: crossfit.png (400x400, 13K)

Most CF gyms will have open blocks where you can do what you want.

Fucking expensive way of going about it though. You're not gonna get a discount because you don't do the classes.

>Fucking expensive way of going about it though.
the other generic all purpose gym in my area is constantly packed to the brim and charges roughly the same amount, this is the only reason i'm considering this

Attached: 1415389408128.gif (314x314, 1.01M)

Most of the CF boxes I've been to generally shun open gym unless you are a regular. They prioritise safety now because they're beginning to wisen up on just how unsafe their workouts are, so they don't like it if you work out alone.

people like to shit on kipping but it's still a good technique to build strength and ultimately increase your proper strict form pull up max

Wrong

Attached: Starting Strength 3rd Edition.png (802x244, 41K)

It's a great technique to loosen all your ligaments

>They prioritise safety now because they're beginning to wisen up on just how unsafe their workouts are, so they don't like it if you work out alone.
Also wrong but this user's first statement is correct. CF is a cult and they don't like you working alone because they want you to become part of their worship group. You could try to join one month or so and test it out, if it works stick to it, if not just find another gym. I feel you OP, many commercial gyms do not have proper equipments
>join a gym once that has only one power rack and no squat rack but multiple bench area

this is exactly what someone who cant properly do a pull up would say

C O P E
O
P
E

no it's really something a person would say who used to be able to 5 strict pullups who used kipping to be able to do 10 strict pullups would say

>charges the same amount
Really?! From my research crossfit gyms are insanely expensive

Its expensive because of the name "crossfit". You need to pay to use the name.

Yeah one of the gym owners told me this. He was bro about it, but I wasn't gonna pay hundreds per month for some guy to watch me do cleans and pullups for an hour

Why don't you go there and ask them you stupid nigger?

Attached: 1493227800748.webm (638x360, 2.95M)

That's not like any city I've lived in. Usually the commercial gyms are $10-30, lifting gyms are 50-80, and crossfit gyms are like $100-200 per month. I'd considering giving crossfit a try, just to do something different, but they are fucking jews. Every place I've seen wants to to pay like $500 over 10 "introductory" sessions to then be able to join the gym and pay them the $160 shekels a months or whatever to do the normal crossfit bullshit. Even the most expensive PL gym I've seen around was like $800 for an entire year of what ammounts to the same shit crossfit offers, which is open classes and open gym time.

Attached: 48b.png (600x449, 356K)

Join the lifting gyms and just do crossfit there

If you can do 5 strict pullups, why wouldn't you just train to 10 by doing pullups? It would probably be quicker that with that meme method.

They also don't want other members to see you doing different shit from them and making better progress.

just join a barbell/PL gym in your area