Underrated Exercises

>Flat Barbell Bench
>Front Squats
>Weighted Dips
>Weighted Chin-ups
>Convential Deadlifts
>Standing Barbell Calf Raises

Attached: 62505F94-A008-41A9-B97D-666B74C3E342.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Zercher Bulgarian Split Squats in 12-15 rep range.

>>Weighted Dips
>>Weighted Chin-ups
do more god tier exercises even exist

>Flat Barbell Bench
>underrated
Have you ever step into the gym before my dear?

Hey Eric

Incline DB press

I don't even want to look at a barbell after starting this

also incline hammer curls

does eric do them too? I started doing them because I can't afford a SSB and kept losing balance. they're my favourite lift now

People don’t do it properly and give it a bad name, hence why it’s an underrated exercise.

A Flat Barbell Bench Press performed properly will render Incline bench Press irrelevant.

Dips suck tho

I don't know man I just read Zercher and Bulgarian in the same sentence and immediately though of the Bugez. And I think you can find Dairyland Strenght (guy who trained with Eric, has his own channel) doing them.
But yeah bulgarian split squats beat barbell squats in my book

Fuck off.

Weighted dips literally got me 17 inch arms at 5’7. That was after years and years of trying to make them grow doing Tricep extensions and push downs never breaking 16 inches. Literally gained an inch on my arms introducing weighted dips into my routine and chucking out the Tricep meme isolations.

PSA that you NEVER know what autismos are giving advice on this board. Take it with a grain of salt

Fug I want to start doing weighted dips but afraid that my chairs are gonna break.
(I train at home)

pokimane looks 40

Weighted Dips are a One way ticket to shoulder snap city

So does every female over 21

Redpilled me on weighted dips friend

Some exercises deserve to be underrated, for example, the barbell bench press is the dullest lift in the history of compound lifts. Seriously each rep following the unracking of the bar and it's plates from the rack as it weighs down on your horizontally positioned body has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the minimal carryover into sports performance, the lifts' only consistency has been its lack of chest development and ineffective use of the front delts, all to make lifting lazy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rippetoe vetoed the idea of adding weighted dips to Starting Strength; he made sure the book would never be mistaken for an effective program that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his live seminars. The bench press might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-weighted dip in its refusal of coordination, beauty and functionality. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least for novices it's good
"No!"
The lift is dreadful; the results are terrible. As user benched, I noticed that every time he went for a rep, he wrote instead that he "made absolutely no chest gains" later on Veeky Forums

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The bench press is so governed by ego and gymbro wankery that it has no other practical application. Later I watched a lavish, loving youtube review of bench pressing by the same Jason Blaha. He said something to the effect of, "If these kids are benching at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to do Ice Cream Fitness." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you bench you are, in fact, trained to become a fucking fatass.

You obliterate your shoulder but your arms are thicc as fucc

I see your point now but I still say bench press is a very overrated exercise in chest development and it is prone to get you injured.

pretty much. incline/decline is much safer for shoulders. flat bench is ego lift

what? dips are God tier

Maybe if you're (You) and don't know how to fucking exercise.

I am afraid to do them. If I start should I replace my pushdowns or overhead extensions?

you're just naming exercises

Lol what is this from?

Barbell bench sucks dick. It’s bad for your shoulders too. Dumbell bench is superior in every single aspect.

Have you tried having mobility and not being a weak piece of shit?

holy shit you're right

Get a pull up/dip station

Bulgarian split squats
Farmers walks
Weighted dips

It's a /tv/ meme

Attached: alex-jones-sunglasses-59634c7745b1f.jpg (600x547, 16K)

BB bench is the fuckn GOAT exercise
u never see some dyel benching 3 plates, they always have a huge chest with huge arms. but squats and deads on the other hand... u can literally have some soyboy deadlift or squat 5 plates and look like a twig

power cleans and weighted push ups

t. Pigeon Chest Pedro

I do hangs, but yeah. Cleans are GOAT

how is flat bb bench "underrated", there's no other exercise more well known and culturally linked to "working out", it's the symbol of gyms and weight training, wtf

I wish could whiff pokiman's brappers tbqhwyl.

Russian
Kettlebell
Swings