Do you need to go to the gym to get fit...

Do you need to go to the gym to get fit? Surely you can just buy a couple of these off amazon and do exercises from the comfort of your own home.

Attached: 1521251437137.jpg (355x262, 18K)

You wont do anything and you cant progress past a certain weight

>You wont do anything
explain

technically yeah you could train everything at home with these

Yes OP, you can train at home with dumbbells, you can also buy a barbell and resistance bands and have your own miniature home gym, only con is you have to keep buying more weights the stronger you get, and it gets expensive.

>only con is you have to keep buying more weights the stronger you get
That's when you start stealing heavy objects from the local dump.

You can and I considered doing it as a shy fatso but honestly, the gym is worth it.

> Monthly payment guilt trips you into going not to waste money at first
> Barbels
> So much machines, machines are good they can help you improve your main lifts
> Machines, you'll never have all those machines at home.
> You have a place just to exercise, forced to build a planning and therefore way easier to get used to going there.

Nothing beats the gym.

Does anyone know of any good brand dumbbells? I have something like what OP posted but I despise changing the plates out. I'm not strong yet or a richfag so I can't buy an entire set. I'll buy low weights individually and work my way up as I need them

yes op just get those a pull up bar and later get a cable machine. Just start with getting to the same fitness level as required for the military. Gym is a meme everyone there and all the faggots on this board have body dismorphia just get lean and ripped.

Attached: rich-piana-il-culturista-americano_1531507.jpg (1433x630, 59K)

Depends what type of person are you.

Some people need some special kind of motivation, wouldnt bring themselves to work out at home, because they know they can do it anytime, so they just end up not doing it at all.

Machines are a fine addiction, they are good as secondary exercises you add after your main ones you should really do on free weights, but they arent neccesary to build muscle - just a fine variation.

Honestly - if i had the room id rather work out at home - you save a lot of time on driving to/from the gym, you save on the membership, gas/tickets, im the "leave me alone" (not cringy one) type and id prefer doing my work out alone, well enough than talk with people and make it 2h instead of 1,5h at the gym so homegym would be perfect for me. I also have the dedication to do it without finding excuses

>That's when you start stealing heavy objects from the local dump.
Pls post pics of your home dumpster gym.

Still pretty DYEL, this is my progress with just dumbbells and a skipping rope with a poor diet and running 5k every day. Wish my arms would grow a bit, I can curl 3x12 @25kg to good form yet lads that do 10kg's look bigger :( need to eat more. the fact I'm 6ft 5 is my excuse for being a skeleton. I'm going to get a gym membership soon, but dumbbells are a great place to start.

Attached: Snapchat-1455285398.jpg (720x1280, 156K)

I'm a strength and conditioning professional, I have never met a man who bought some dumbbells for his home and got fit.

I dont talk with people honestly there. I walk to my gym and basically say:
"Hello
How you doin
Have a good session!"
Then im out of the changing rooms music in ears lifting, as I lift early nobody disturbs me and I dont have to share.

So yeah gyms are cool for me.

And honestly if you have dedication yeah homegyms are huge, but most people starting clearly dont have that kind of motivation.

Attached: this is how it works dummy.jpg (1001x537, 52K)

train with bags of water/sand/rocks, faggit

>bags of sand

u cant curl low weight and get big arms

do chinups and add weight as you get better

get that cable workout connected to your door room instead, better progression desu
won't get you extra jacked but will get you to ottermode for sure

maddox leave pls

I have two of those each loaded with 35 pounds. After months of feeling no soreness, no matter how many reps and sets. I decided to go to a gym. I found out how weak I was when I saw how much every one else was lifting compared to me. The next day I felt sore for the first time in months thanks to all the extra weight I could load on the machines.

or you can do calisthenics, you know, getting a pull-up bar n shit.

Yeah you can either do things that work or you can buy dumbbells and do bodyweight excercises

bulgarian sandbag here, anglocuck

Attached: 675486718ecd39fec7993917a97a895f.jpg (1684x1684, 293K)