Self Improvement Thread

Post progress, questions and advice

Attached: 438432.jpg (1000x563, 131K)

My girlfriend really wants me to move to New York to be with her. It has its advantages. But I'd like to see Tokyo. And a local gal has asked me for a drink.

Getting consistent sets of one-armed pullups.

So that's where we're at.

Went from 148 lbs to 160 in about a month and a half on SS and eating well.

Took 1 year to diet down from 240 to 170 no exersize, gym membership this week surprized i was able to run 3 miles even though it took nearly half an hour. cardio each morning meeting with trainer Monday

GOMAD? That's good weight user

Been doing SS for a month. Upped my squat to 165lbs from 105. Changed my eating habits a bit, and look better than the majority of my friends who just do chest and arms all day.

Why don't people stick with a program? I had a friend tell me to always focus on different areas every time I go to the gym and do different exercises. I look better than he does and he's been lifting for like 6 months. Basically, why are people retarted?

Attached: 1519408769031.png (554x400, 66K)

Hey, I've never been on Veeky Forums before, but thought I'd start taking care of myself, rather than being a loser that sits at the computer for more than I should.
I weigh about ~75KG, 22 year old dude. Is this average?
I don't work out. Used to have some basic 6KG weights I'd occasionally lift, but aside from that I don't do a lot of regular lifting. I've recently wanted to start getting my life on track.
I recently moved into a new house with a good friend, got a new girlfriend, not exactly an outgoing fella, so would like to at least have some positive view of myself.
Where do I start? I currently have limited funds to spare (Living in a rental, so most my money goes towards living expenses), so are there any around-home workouts I can do?
My main issue with my physical appearance is a bit of belly bulge.

Sorry if this isn't helping. I don't know anything about fitness.

SICK dude! Got any pics?

guys I have a problem. Idk if this is part of self improvement or not, but this is my first time posting here. Ever since I was little I was always put down by my cousins and brother. Now that I'm bigger than my brother and my cousin respects me, I have become happy. I have fell on a lower back injury that I can't workout with. It's been a month and I'm scared I'm gonna lose my 345 squat. My problem lies in the fact that I feel I'll become really small when I finally recover, which is hopefully in kess than a month. I've been putting my brother down a lot, constantly outsizing him, making him feel dumb, and out doing him in all the lifts. He doesn't even have a 2pl8 squat but I'm scared he'll catch up to my max. He has a horrible gym ethic, hardly going, but his ego is big, and if he starts thinking he's bigger he'll put me down. I can't afford this fucking torment. I've had to deal with it for 17 years. I don't wanna fall underneath him in the hierarchy scale again. Im trying to recover but nothing works. I'm fucking petrified of the moment my brother realizes my insecurity and starts picking on me. He knows I haven't been working out. Guys I'm scared. I'm trying to do this for me, but I can't seem to shake this feeling

Not yet I'm too self-conscious to post myself on the internet.
Give me another couple months and I'll have some nice newb progress before/afters to post

how tall are you? 75k is overweight if youre like 5'6 but not so bad at 6+

Pst, hey kid, go clean your room and rescue your dead Father from the belly of the whale.

Attached: 1496103294713.jpg (190x288, 9K)

Been training hard 4-5 days a week everyday before work for the last month and a half, focused on nutrition with minimal slip-ups. Still need to cut more but beginning to see abs & much more defined and much less fat regardless of being a few pounds heavier.

The gym I go to is just a small place, but I like it the and the equipment is nice. The owner and I are often there at the same time, he stopped me in between sets to say he can notice my body beginning to change. Friends and co-workers have said things too

Feels good man just a couple of years ago I was 255, 180 now, I managed to keep off almost all stretch marks and loose skin too. My favorite part has to be that training doesn't feel like such a chore anymore and I'm excited to get up and get to the gym.

Diet is paramount, sort that first. Google a maintenance calories calculator and see where you're at (though it'll be a little different in reality, just need to experiment a little). Eat below this and you'll lose weight, eat above it and you'll gain. Secondly, if you can't afford to go to the gym then just google bodyweight exercises. You won't get big with those but you can get lean as hell with enough time.

That is pretty much all you need to know to lose belly bulge. The bodyweight exercises should help negate any muscle loss.

Break up bro. I was in a similar position and if you are even a little bit on the fence it's already over. Sorry user.

also, get myfitnesspal, it makes tracking your calorie intake very easy.

was meant for

just under 6'2"
Sorry, I forgot about height.
Yeah, I've got no clue as to where to start with a diet. Not being well off financially at the moment is a bit of a pain in that regard. Anything specific I should look for, whether it be diet-wise or to look for specific things while searching Google?
Aside from that, thank you so much.
Alright, will start this in the morning, seeing as how it's ~12:30AM (West Aus)
Thanks user.

I know this is the right answer. But it's so fucking hard. You don't know who you're going to be without her. And even if you're happy later, you'll probably have lingering regret.

That's life desu. You'll probably think about some of the things you miss for years, but you just have to remember why you broke it off in the first place

> murrican movie about foreign culture
> murrican beats everyone at their own game
> murrican gets remembered as the proudest of prouds
> murrica
Can you guys be some more culturally self obsessed

>i asked this in QTTIDDIES but got no reply

When taking reference pics for myself to check progress, am i supposed to be relaxed , suck in the stomach or flex?.

Probably do one relaxed and flexed, don't suck it in though, you're only lying to yourself.

Focus on meats and fats. You can eat carbs but they're not as important. Protein will help you maintain or improve your muscle mass and fats will help keep your hormones in order. Don't go for the no fat meme and get skimmed milk etc. Its not good for you.

Just scan whatever you're eating with myfitnesspal, add the weigth of it youre eating and it'll tell you how much fat/carb/protein you're getting along with the calories. Do this properly and keep daily calorie intake under maintenance and you'll lose weight guaranteed.

It's because it's based on a true story you commie.

Seriously, thank you so much.
I've been a lazy shit recently, and have been neglecting my physical health more a lot.

how does /fit do it?

About a french guy right

Just be consistent and use any stupid fucking angles

>12 pounds
>6 weeks
Is it not 75% fat?

just hit 4.5 plate squat and also got accepted to a good phd program

feelin good lads

Nah just eating a variety of things every 2-3 hours. From tuna to eggs. Creatine helped too.

No problem, just make sure you stick to it. Consistency is key. If you feel you must, have maybe 1 cheat meal where you eat whatever you like every 1 or 2 weeks. Helps some who struggle with the discipline.

Don’t be emotionally dependent on people.

Occupy boredom with new hobbies and education.

I know that I shouldn't compare myself to others, but HOW do I stop that? I can't help but feel good about other's failures and horribly miserable when comparing to others that are doing better

Attached: 1c6[1].jpg (515x600, 25K)

You haven't read the meditations of Marcus Aurelius, or taken it to heart. This much is obvious

I have the choice to go back to school and get my shit together. But right now I've gotten used to the monotony of working and being able to pay rent/buy my own shit. Downside though is I'm becoming stagnant. What do I do? I already know going fulltine will fuck me over if I work only 20 hours. Let alone the entirety of my paycheck will be taken as rent/insurance. I need to get everything started though I know that for sure.

Attached: 1520682385726.jpg (600x600, 43K)