/dg/ - Diet General

It's 20% lifting 80% diet, so why aren't we discussing the most important part of getting those sweet gains?

Post your diet, review others' diet, post tips, sick gains recipes, rip on Timmy for eating fruit rollups in order to get to that calorie surplus.

Attached: iu-2.jpg (1600x1067, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WfgghsW
myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/pan-fried-boneless-skinless-chicken-breast-lightly-floured-no-egg-fried-in-1-4-cup-olive-oil-367990822?v2=false
fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/rice-white-cooked-regular?portionid=16..
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't count calories or track macros or anything but I have my go-to staple meal that will generally last me lunch and dinner.

>1lb of chicken - throw in pan
>Veggies - as much veggies as I need to fill up the pan (red onions, vegetable medley, peppers, etc)
>sear it all
>1 cup of rice, quinoa, or another carb
Take it all and mix it together in the pan. throw some sauce or spices for flavor.

Today I did couscous, chicken, and vegetable medley and red onions. What's leftover for lunch is for dinner which is generally a pretty sizable portion. Not the most appealing dish but it keeps me fed.

Doo doo in your underwear.

i dont diet, i just fast and eat one meal a day

I fast til 12 and eat keto-like and I'm doing alright

Can any of y'all nibbas exchange some good ideas on what to do with fish? Other than salmon fried on its skin or canned mackerel I really don't know what to do with it. Fish just seems harder to prepare properly than meat.

Attached: 1519570615182.jpg (1000x1000, 177K)

you're not cutting, right? because that's literally 1300+ calories for breakfast.

Attached: 1520668259140.png (306x306, 73K)

Not that guy but you're a fucking retard.

how so? would you like to calculate the calories for me, fucking retard?

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??.
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice.
We also have some fun channels like memes or a channel dedicated to tinder thot patrolling.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!
We have lots of guys participating, but only one Female. So femanons dont leave her to be alone

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!
discord.gg/WfgghsW

Attached: drool.png (300x300, 78K)

>1 lb of chicken
myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/pan-fried-boneless-skinless-chicken-breast-lightly-floured-no-egg-fried-in-1-4-cup-olive-oil-367990822?v2=false
734 kcal

>Vegetables (assorted)
Since there's barely any calories in that, I'll be generous and say that's 100 kcal

>1 cup of rice
fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/rice-white-cooked-regular?portionid=16..
Assuming the worst case scenario (white rice) that's 204 kcal.

That makes for a grand total of 1038 kcal. If user's lunch and dinner are 400 kcal each (and given how large his breakfast is, they're most likely smaller) that's 1838 kcal a day. You can technically still cut with that (though 1500 kcal a day would be a more effective cut).

Attached: 1520305007162.png (1381x1080, 538K)

Bake in pan with onions and olive oil and lemon or balsamic viniger.

is it truly 1g of proton per lb? i'm pretty much living of chicken, milk and eggs to reach my macros

Wrap in foil pouch with a tablespoon of water, drizzled with oil, topped with spices or hot sauce. Seal pouch. Bake at 400F for 30-45 minutes (if not frozen solid; longer if so). Open. Eat.

0.7g to 1.0g per pound of LEAN bodyweight. Don't count your fat ass, just your muscle and bone.

>(Aluminium) foil
>In an oven/microwave
Isn't that a great way to start a housefire?

If you have a microwave you can set to 400F, I'll be impressed.

Use a real oven.

I thought you might be trolling for a second but the smug anime girl and the source links say otherwise.

>1 cup of rice
>204 kcal
you stupid fuck. that's COOKED RICE. you know what people use when they want to cook rice? yeah, uncooked rice. a cup of that is closer to 700 calories.

>entire pan of vegetables
>barely any calories
try 150+, and I didn't even add it to my estimation.

tl;dr these are the know it all dyels who give you advice on Veeky Forums

And if all you have is a microwave, use a microwave-safe dish which has a lid (leave it cracked open so some steam can escape during cooking).

I have a microwave/oven combo to save space in my postage stamp sized apartment.

black coffee in morning
2 scoops before lift
2 scoops after lift
two 8oz chicken pec, with an entire onion, 3 whole cloves of garlic, in the pan with olive oil, and garlic chili sauce

and thats it

Attached: IMG_0493.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

>not counting sauce
>which can literally be 100s of calories

>KED RICE. you know what people use when they want to cook rice? yeah, uncooked rice. a cup of that is closer to 700 calories.
Do you actually think hes consuming that much rice for breakfast?

Attached: 1510993037381.png (655x688, 485K)

more like 80% lifting and cardio, 20% diet

cutting diet, one meal only:
1 bowl normandy vegetables
1 bowl egg whites
1 fish oil pill
1 multivitamin
3 calcium pills
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon olive oil
potassium supplement

total: 360 calories

eat this for breakfast and starve the rest of the day. lift and run 3 miles for exercise

garunteed 1 pound a day weight loss if under 30yrs old

Attached: 274685DE-384F-4152-8FD1-7BF995E77E7E.png (876x785, 352K)

Not that guy but he literally stated it's for both lunch and dinner.

Put salmon on pan
>salt
>black pepper
>paprika ( a lot )
>garlic powder
>olive oil

Cook for 15 minutes at 425 Farenheit

pan sear 2 chicken breasts in olive oil, salt pepper both sides, finish with lemon
sautee 2 lbs of broccoli in the same oil, salt pepper, finish with lemon
throw in tupperwear and top off with a quarter cup of olive oil
i do this twice a day

Tried everything. Keto, leangains, fasting, clean eating.

By the best thing is flexible dieting. I only track calories and protein. Unless you’re eating soely chicken breast and pop tarts every day the fat/carbs/fibre macros will be fine.

I’ve lost 70lb, from 240 to 170 and still eat ice cream, pancakes, chocolate etc.

It’s all about portion control and being active

Here's essentially what I eat every single day. Sometimes I'll have a little more oatmeal because I didn't have as much cereal etc.
I need to do something new with my oatmeal. It's slightly sweet cardboard at the moment. (oats, milk, smidge of syrup)
Notice how there's no cooking involved

>1lb a day
Jesus christ man.

I would say your post is a meme if you didn't include that progress. Nice work user.

Attached: 2018-03-17-215055_669x492_scrot.png (669x492, 54K)

IF was definitely the kick starter for me. It taught me how much I was over eating and what real hunger is. Was just too hard being in an active job and doing boxing. If I was an office worker I would probably have stuck with IF

Hi. First comment user here. I don't eat that for breakfast. Breakfast is its own thing consisting of eggs, bacon, bagel and cream cheese, toast, pork roll, some fruits, etc. Typical breakfast stuff.

I guess if the total of my staple day-to-day cooking comes out to about 700(rice) + ~700(chicken) + ~100(veggies). So then I'm probably eating around 500-600 for breakfast and 1500 combined for lunch and dinner. So around 2000-2100 for the day not including snacks/protein bars which could tack on another 250-500 give or take.

Overall I guess I'm eating between 2000-3000 calories a day. What do you all think? Good diet? Should I change anything?

Attached: 23161568_507947082915666_2753960621065109504_n.jpg (640x640, 44K)

You should count your macros and have a goal you hit you mong. You're estimates have way too much room for error.

I mean that's completely normal for someone that doesn't care about losing or gaining weight, I guess.

I'm a noob so I'm not counting calories or macros like an autist. I'm still getting noob gains (been lifting for a month). When I begin to hit a wall I guess I should start to count and everything but for now I'm pretty satisfied with my results from SS.

But that being the case, after a few months I'll probably plateau and then have to count and stuff. I've always eaten healthy-ish though. Is it really that important to count macros and have goals if you want gains?

I just count to make sure I'm eating enough to get gains, and not eat so much that I'm gaining more fat than necessary. 2000-3000 is a huge range, there could be days that you're missing out on gains and days that you're getting extra fat. But if you're happy and it's working fine for you then I wouldn't change anything. I was just sperging there about counting because I used to eat 1000-1500kcal a day before I started counting.

Neat. Thanks user. I'm getting lots of positive lifestyle changes from lifting so I'm gonna stick with it. When the time comes and I'm plateauing or I want to bulk/cut I'll definitely have to take my diet more into consideration. For now I think I'm alright.

Attached: 1521201285298.jpg (519x412, 51K)

So you're neither bulking or cutting right now? Recomp?

About a month and a half into keto. So far so good. Lost about 10 lbs in the first 2 1/2 weeks without trying much. Moderate caloric deficit with maintence workouts. I stopped weighing myself after that. I've learned to be very creative in the kitchen and make a lot of my own foods now, including 'breads' and such. I after the 'flu' passed I felt really good. Overall less tired and more energetic, more restful sleep. I get dehydrated easily though, and get the occasional muscle cramp. I just take vitamins for that though.

Overall I give it a 8/10. I'm hitting my goals faster than I would have believed with this little effort, but It can be restrictive if you don't know how to cook already.