"Hey user, I went to the grocery store and saw that you ran out of protein bars so i got you some more!"

>"Hey user, I went to the grocery store and saw that you ran out of protein bars so i got you some more!"
>"The clerk said this new kind is really good!"

Attached: Mars.jpg (700x700, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=pure protein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What exactly is the problem here?

>Moooooom!

That was nice of your girlfriend/wife to be thinking of you, even if the person she was given advice from was less than desirable.

>Not getting your own gains
Not going to make it.

Attached: 1521310258553.jpg (900x900, 88K)

A white boy would probably start yelling at his mom and calling her a stupid bitch.

That's sweet of you [gf name]

>T-thanks you too

So long as it isn't those CLIFF bars, those taste like fucking shit.

No really, what's the problem?

Looks like your typical protein bar to me.

Attached: 2018-03-17 14_39_43-MARS PROTEIN BAR, 57g - Sports nutrition Proteini.si.png (536x335, 9K)

never eaten one before but I assume there's still a fuckload of sugar in each bar

>gf

>13g Sugar
>"Typical Protein Bar"

Attached: 1501475581622.png (467x529, 469K)

>what exactly is the problem?

Many things;
-first of all, protein defiency is pretty much unheard of in modern countries and it's fair to assume 80+ % of people that lift consume too much proteins (which is either used as an expensive carb or stored as bodyfat)
-it's processed food and not whole food, so it's less healthier and have nutrients of lesser quality
-the 19g of proteins are absolute shit-tier proteins ( see picrelated )
-it's expensive as fuck. A pack of 18 bars is $76CDN on amazon, which comes down to 4.22 per bar. Are you FUCKING kidding me ??

At the end of the day, it's just a mars bar with some protein powder thrown in the mix. Jewish trick at its finest

Attached: Screenshot_20180317-144517.png (1440x2560, 660K)

>still believing a little sugar is bad
If you actually worked out it wouldn't matter

Attached: photo-project-wait-watchers-haley-morris-cafiero-26-5a8bf31a52156__700.jpg (700x724, 495K)

A little sugar isn't bad. I just don't want 13g of it from my tiny protein bar.

Those peanut ones are tasty but bad for you.

What are people's opinions on Grenade's protein bars? One of my friends bought a ton of them on the cheap and I'm debating it but I'm sceptical because they look like they depend on branding.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH THOSE BARS ARE FROM GOD HIMSELF

>excess protein is stored as fat
Only if you're having to many calories.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

>tiny

Kek, fucking fat people.

>200kcal for 19g of protein

Attached: tr.jpg (750x515, 53K)

That's pretty much the standard. Quest bars are generally 190-200 cals for 19-21 grams of protein. Pure protein is 200 cals for 20 grams of protein.

Yes, that's what I implied

There are better options.

Chicken breast is 113 cals for 22 grams protein for one.

u fit protein milkshakes are like 50g for about 300kcal.

>tfw you immediately thought about mom instead of a potential gf
I'm never gonna make it

I unironically eat the cliff protein bars for breakfast. Only 270 cal, and 20g protein.

No shit? But if I want something convenient and quick and ready to eat at the moment - then I'm not going for chicken breast or protein shakes.

>Not gonna make it

Kys yourself

I’ve already made it kiddo

>High influx of glucose to spike insulin and protein uptake into muscles
>protein to mediate insulin spike magnitude
>yfw

Attached: 0BB5699C-6D33-4579-BD5F-779F6395AE32.jpg (720x736, 42K)

>Pure protein is 200 cals for 20 grams of protein.
What?

i usually eat one or two protein bar once in a while if i'm late for something and don't have time to make my regular breakfast.
funny story, this girl i fucked last friday told me i was the most prepared guy she knows because on the glove compartment of my car there is are condoms, deodorant, a toothbrush with some mouthwash, protein bars, an extra pair of glasses and a tshirt

Many protein bars are garbage! Loaded with sugar and fluff. I do keep mine to less than 9 grams of sugar, at most, even less. I'm on a ketogenic diet and watch my carbohydrates, always.

Mars and snickers protein bars are delicious, and the macros are fine if you aren’t a twink shit chasing muh abs

>pure protein protein bar

Context is important, brainlet. You’re in a thread about protein bars and replying to a post about protein bars.

Attached: A28A023E-E05D-4BB5-9EF6-9E1D5CE5287C.jpg (380x380, 47K)

Op here, when I wrote the greentext I had in mind a mom, so dont worry senpai

>Pure protein is 200 cals for 20 grams of protein.
>4 x 20 = 200 ???

t. powerlifter

See:

BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE PROTEIN SNACK

Attached: 5HE-Protein-Shots-ShareImage[1].jpg (1200x630, 226K)

I fail to see how you can take "pure protein" out of context.

Pure protein would be protein and protein only by definition.

>ingredients:
>"milk" listed 10 times in bold font
>allergen information:
>contains milk

Attached: 1520806578176.png (657x527, 31K)

M-mazaka!!

But seriously how?

>vegetable protein
SOY
O
Y

>it's fair to assume 80+ % of people that lift consume too much proteins (which is either used as an expensive carb or stored as bodyfat)
This. Taking protein shakes made me have bubbly, foamy urine.

>protein deficiency is pretty much unheard of
My meals today:
>Breakfast: pancakes
>Lunch: buttered noodles
>Supper: cup ramen
Your move.

Attached: spawn310.jpg (800x433, 73K)

>t. brainlet

lmgtfy.com/?q=pure protein

literally every single fucking result is about pure protein bars, pure protein shakes, etc.

stop trying to justify your own retardation when it's pretty fucking clear that the other guy was talking about the bar brand

You realize there is a difference between clinical deficiency and optimal intake, right? The human body is pretty amazing and all, and just because you don't have kwashiorkor, doesn't mean mean you are not getting enough protein to be "healthy". There is a difference between surviving and thriving.

Attached: 48b.png (600x449, 356K)

>kwashiorkor

I know Africans have it the most, but we've gotta stop giving diseases African names. They just sound stupid.

And you realize that bodybuilding requires more protein than the survival threshold, right?

Uh, yes. That was the main takeaway of my post.

Everything about this picture is disgusting

The nut butter ones are goat though

Fuck your mother

black kid has a dad at least

This fucking reply holy kek

When I lived with my mother she would sometimes bring me home a chocolate bar as a treat. I thought it was cute and would find this cute as well

this shit is disgusting

Its sweet when people in your life try to support your hobbies user. Having one of those every couple of days/once a week won't hurt your gains anyway

It’s a brand

Or he could feign thanks, and to spare mom's feelings and not eat the stupid things.

>saying kysys
not sure if bait, or just completely retarded

They are delicious for bulking, and only a retard would try cut with them.
OPs hypothetical mum is helping him not be an underweight, dyel shit

Excess protein is stored as fat, otherwise its converted into glucose and burned for fuel. In either case you're throwing away money

milk truk just arrive

>Only 270 cal, and 20g protein.
Horrible protein to calorie ratio. For 20g of protein I won't accept anything over 200 calories. Pure Protein are the best. Hershey's muscle milk bars are ok too for 190 calories but they're only 15g. There's a few other brands but a lot of them are shit, like fucking Quest bars which taste like garbage.

Best quick protein snack is either tuna or beef jerky. Local store sells Turkey Jerky that's like 200 calories for 35g of protein.

0/10

>Only 270 cal, and 20g protein.
>Horrible protein to calorie ratio.
This. Cliff Bars are tasty but they're more like candy bars than protein bars, or at least somewhere in between. Pretty sure they're technically labeled "power bars" or something like that. Too much sugar and not enough 'tein

these aren't 200 cal, they're 400. I was at the Arnold Expo yesterday and shocked that they were pushing this shit. It's literally a candy bar with a tablespoon of whey protein shoved in there. Useless.

Oh, sure, but in the end it's just carbs really so long as your diet isn't super saturated with simple sugars otherwise a sweetened chocolate bar once in a while won't kill you or even really negatively impact your health.

Eat fruit

yea, but that's true for pretty much everything. if you eat/drink something in moderates it won't matter that much in the long run. the problem is fatties have a hard time eating a pizza only once a month or cutting out soda because sugar is addictive. they have a lack of self discipline

>hydrolysed collagen

>hey girl how you doin let me clap dem cheeks
>yeah that's right whitebois we stealin your women

Yes, that was my point exactly. Why did you feel the need to restate what I had already said with more words?

Mom

For the discerning man who wants a brain aneurysm on the go

>-it's processed food and not whole food, so it's less healthier and have nutrients of lesser quality

pure momscience

What about FitCrunch bars?

This is the only protein bar I eat and I fucking love it.

Expensive as shit though.

Attached: epic-bar-chicken-sriracha.jpg (900x728, 151K)

They only sell some bison and turkey ones near me of this brand. The bison is phenomenal, the turkey is disgusting.