Injuries Thread

Did I fuck Veeky Forums?

My forearm has been really sore the last few days, specifically the ulna. But I can't think of any lift specifically that could cause stress on it. Maybe hammer curls? Suggestions on what to avoid until it feels better?

Attached: Ulna_-_anterior_view.png (1200x1200, 725K)

>When did it happen?
>how long has it been?
>what makes it hurt?
>what makes it feel better?

>Can't think of a specific day, but definitely this week
>See previous point
>hurts when I need to grip and "curl" something (eg carrying a case of water
>Nothing really makes it feel better. But it only hurts when I'm activating my forearm muscles.

Do you do barbell curls? Or just specifically dumbbell?

>what to avoid

Everything really. It's better to give it a chance to recover in a week or two, than fuck it up even worse and stop lifting for a few months after realizing you've really fucked up.

Oh shit. Right. Not barbell, but EZ bar curls are pretty bad too. That might actually be it. Do I just stop doing them?

Sharp or dull pain? Muscle or bone?

I really got myself in a bad spot by doing just exclusively barbell curls, the same spot in my arm had a terrible stinging pain in it, like someone had injected something into them.

I would suggest trying out those hammer curls once your arms heal. Either that or reducing reps with higher weights. My main problem was how often I was really doing them.

Bone and dull. I don't know really know shit about anatomy, but I'm thinking possible stress fracture.

Alright thanks man. Guess I'll avoid bis for a bit. But I don't think volume is the issue. I'm on a PPL routine, so I only do 2-3 strictly bicep exercises a week.

Maybe tendonitis? Look up some wrist stretches and give it some rest.
Ice could also help inflammation.

Just take a rest lad from the gym for a week or 2 (training your arms anyway)
Also
>get a splint and wear it throughout the day or when you sleep.
>if there is swelling then ice, if not then heat to help circulation
>zinc and calcium sups

I got a trapped nerve in c6/c7 last September.

Electric shooting down my arm into fingers..

4 months physio later my right pec/tricep shrunk to 50% size..

Cue now, muscles increased slightly but still struggling to lift what I used to warm up on.

This happened to me from hammer curls and pushups. I fixed it by switching to reverse curls and using push up handles (in my case I just used little dumbells as handles)

That fuckin blows. How'd you pinch it?

Dead lifts set it off but the probable cause was a repetitive injury through work.

I have gotten constant forearm pain ever since I bought an EZ Curl Bar.

Is EZ Curl Bar known for causing issues with forearms? I thought it would actually be better for lifting, and it's done nothing but fucking make me sore and stop me from actually doing curls of any kind.

IN addition to this, could the pain just possibly be that my forearms aren't used to the weight that they're now involved in lifting?

Had some serious pain in the marked area after doing cable crossovers and rope pushdowns, no longer hurts in the last two gym sessions though.
But hurted quite bad, couldn't hold hand straight, shaked like a leaf.

Attached: d1d21e74605b7e0a2e2c9e26e0cce941--forearm-anatomy-hand-anatomy.jpg (353x572, 62K)

So lads, I found this weird bump that's as hard as rock above my right knee, not visible on the left.
I tripped over something and landed pretty hard, any ideas as to what this is?

It's the EZ bar curls. I had the same thing when I started to get into lifting I was curling almost 40kg with the EZ bar probably shit form at the time too but had terrible pain in the forearms. Narrowed it down to acute tendon inflammation basically tendonitis/tendonosis. I just stuck to hammer curls and dropped any sort of curls that involved pronation of the hand for about 2-3 months. On the plus side it gives you a good chance to work on lagging bodyparts.

>As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!.
>please join my lonely chat so I can moderate what you say so I can stroke my epeen

>skelly using a seated bench press machine at place of work
>get up to 70 lbs yes im serious
>the machine is bringing my shoulders way too far back and i feel pain in right shoulder but power through it
>try to sit down to do it yesterday, hear cracking/popping sound in shoudler so i have to stop

i guess if it heals by next week im gonna have to set the handgrip lcoation to fnish further forward or re-push before my arms get all the way back