How the fuck do you constantly calculate your calorie and macro intake?

How the fuck do you constantly calculate your calorie and macro intake?

Do you eat the same shit everyday so that you don't have to worry about recalculating?

Do you own a food scale?

Attached: 1508933901708.png (512x583, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

>Do you own a food scale?

You ask that like it's some weird sci-fi shit to own a scale.
Just fucking weigh your food, look at the back of the container at the nutritional values and calculate

when op answers his own questions but makes the thread anyway

same shit every day master race.

Step 1 download fatsecret it's a free calorie counting ap

Step 2 get a scale if you're planning on doing your own cooking

Step 3 put everything you eat into fat secret, it has a huge database of all kinds of food

Step 4 fat secret will tell you the calories and macros

I just keep track as best I can. If I can get the calories for what I ate I will use that number otherwise I will take a conservative estimate. Then I just keep track in my mind either how many calories I've had or how many calories I have left by the end of the day. It isn't that hard.

>Do you eat the same shit everyday
>Do you own a food scale
yes

>eat pretty much the same thing every day
>tally it up before the last meal of the day
>tweak last meal to fit calories and macros for the day
easy

>do you eat the same shit everyday
yes pretty much

i have 3 different day menus that i keep recycling through out the week. Breakfast, snacks and before bed are always the same so its super easy to count them

just eat less why are you counting everything are you autistic

if you’re constantly hungry then you’re losing weight
if you’re constantly full then you’re gaining weight

t. pic related

Attached: 1468380687802.png (1154x1172, 1.95M)

I eat the same everyday. Every. Fucking. Day.

You just get used to it.

>feel hungry
>eat

Currently on a cut right now and counting calories and macros. I don't eat the same food every day but there are certain foods that I tend to eat several times during the week

t. retard

Do you take any supplements like multivitamins to make sure you're getting all the nutrients your body needs?

myfitnesspal

/thread

i literally just inputted everything i ate into myfitnesspal and it took me less than 30 seconds to do it. -->chicken, rice, protein shake on frequently used foods. Just double checking that my protein count was good enough

TIL that celery sticks are the perfect bulking food.

Of course I take multivitamins.

If you like excel, you can make your own sheets and insert all your foods there in the amounts you usually eat them at. At first that will be a lot of work, but a few months in and you'll rarely have to add something new. Alternatively, you can just buy some app on Google Play or whatever and just add food there.

Food scales are mandatory until you acquire a good eye for food. Protip: if you're fat, you don't have a good eye for food. After using scales for a while, you should become used to the amounts and be able to make your portions correctly even "blind".

I mostly eat the same shit every day, tho, but that's because I work for 8 hours and go to college for another 4. Time is precious, so I just cook it all up on sunday and eat it throughout the week.

I make meal day templates.
Meal A, B and C all of which contain the exact same macros,

It's very helpful when cooking in mass as all days contain rice and carrots.

What brand?

One A Day Men's

it only needs to be an estimate you tard. just learn roughly what stats each ingredients have and make a guess. it doesn't need to be perfect. or just learn and memorise what meals have what protein/carbs/fat it has, roughly...

THE END IS ON MY MIND
THE END IS ON MY MIND

I've never used a scale, I just make educated guesses.

3lb pack of chicken is 48oz, or roughly ~3200 calories.
Divide that by 4-6 days depending on the amount of servings I make, and it's easy. Sure each serving isn't exact but if it totals to 3200 by the end of the week that's all that matters.

Only autists weigh their food.

>MyFitnessPal, phone app or website
>A $15 scale from Amazon - amazon com/gp/product/B004164SRA

It's all you need. Track to 90-95% accuracy and be done with it. That is, "I ate at a restaurant and oh shit, how many grams of X did I eat?!" means you fucking guess based on previous experience cooking similar items.

Gods, I can't do that. I get fucking tired of stuff really quickly. That does three things. First, it's more complicated to shop and cook. Second, it's a bit more work to track everything; I can't make standard meals in MFP, for example. And third, it means I do get a more varied diet, which is a good thing.

I'm the same. Probably 25% of what I eat is the same, but I switch up the rest because I can't stand the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Why can't you just prep a lunch for the whole week, then make a different lunch the next week? That way it's easier to maintain goals, better accuracy, and there's still some variety every week. You still get to make your own breakfasts and dinners/snacks

Yet you were able to type the same shit over and over again

Copy/paste, my user.

I guess I'm weird. Eating the same lunch for 5 or 7 days just isn't appetizing. 2 or 3 days, sure. I do prep, and I usually prep 3 days at a time, so that works for me.

DYEL?

This. A scale is like $20 and takes 5 seconds to use while getting ingredients.

Kinda this. I'd wager most people only eat like 20-30 different things. After a while, you get used to estimating the weight and remember the macros. You need to start with a scale and something like myfitnesspal though. I'm not super serious myself, but if you are a competitive lifter or BB, you probably will just continue autistically counting everything forever and ever and ever until you die though.

Get a food scale and measuring cups
Scale foods, measure liquids
Log shit into MyFitnessPal
>Find foods using barcodes
>Otherwise search for or input foods
>But beware of bad macros when using search

I developed a routine in three days and perfected it in two weeks.

Basic gestalt: You're going to be eating a lot of chicken breasts, tilapia, broccoli, and sweet potatoes because that's what's easiest to make and is the easiest to count.

Making a chicken salad with mixed greens basically means you're adding up 10 different ingredients and this gets tedious.

Start tracking everything regardless.

Yes, tips for my fat bros:

>sauces, put the sauce bottle on scale, tare, put sauce in dish / food take off that number is how much you used
>above is good for oil in cooking
>food with bones measure, eat measure again, difference is the meat
>don't bother measuring greens / veggies
>dry shit use cups / tablespoons

imagine having to explain a scale to a normie

they would be completely convinced you have an eating disordered and determined to stop you from accurately knowing how much you are eating

gets easier after a while once you can estimate calories and stop autistically weighing it all

I don't calorie count. I just eat whatever and exercise a lot after.

Attached: 3237512832.png (645x729, 70K)

Works for me.

>How do you constantly calculate your caloric intake
Well ya see user, in my country the food we purchase comes with nutritional information. I then take that information and using my rick&morty tier levels of genius add the calories per serving to get an idea of how many calories I've had so far that day. I then add to that number every time I eat something else, if it didn't come in a package I google how many calories are in it.

Remembering numbers and basic arithmetic is really hard I know, but I think with some practice you'll get there.

Attached: maximum smug.jpg (508x493, 42K)

I gave up

I know generally I can eat about 500 to 600 calories before wanting to throw up, and iv found my body is pretty consistent in what I eat in terms of that throwing up threshold. If I have a 500 cal dinner or 500 cal shake I feel the exact same afterwards.

I think what you should do is take what you normally eat, remove the shit you know you shouldn't have (cake, sugar, ect) and then increase the good stuff. Greens, complex carbs, more protein. Take what you like and is normally available and just upscale it to match your goals and count for a month. Once you've done it for a month you should know generally what 200g of chicken will give you, 200g of rice looks like, ect.

Then you can stop counting but keep eating because really there is no point lifting to feel good if shit like counting calories is making you feel bad.

The other thing is as you work out and work out harder, you're body will demand more food. It sucks absolute shit in the start, you can barely do your workout and you eat like shit so you fail on the next workout but if you keep at it for a few months you start to make food gains as well as muscle gains.