How much protein do I really need to build muscle? I'm on a budget here

How much protein do I really need to build muscle? I'm on a budget here

Attached: 148999080215.png (184x298, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need/
europepmc.org/abstract/pmc/pmc5828430
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like 45g minimum per day to maintain

130g per meal. That's how much I get.

Ronnie pls

Okay, I just realized I'm missing some important info on the OP

I'm an uber manlet and I want to cut down to 145 lbs, I'm 170 lbs now around 20% bf. Do I really need to consume 145 lbs of protein a day?

eating a 55 gallon drum worth of chicken breasts three times a day should be sufficient

150g for men is a safe bet.

at least 3

0.75g of protein per lb

if I'm cutting or on a deficit then 1.0g/lb?

I just bought 11lbs of whey for $60. 200 scops of 19g each

how can you not afford this

1g/lb is way too high. 0.75g/lb is fine

of body weight

I live in Mozambique, we don't usually sell protein powder here

that sucks. hope your gains come anyway friend

$30 for giant tub of vanilla whey protein at costco, mix with unsweetened almond milk also bought at costco. GG

I can get protein from the market nearby, but I don't want to overspend, I just want to clear up the confusion on how much protein I really need.

there was some big study done which showed that you dont get any additional benefit if you go over 0.75g per lb. it wont hurt you, your body just wont be able to use the excess for muscle building perposes

thats unique. Eat nuts? you got nuts in africa right

1g/lb is probably one of the most outdated things in the sticky outside of the links that are just straight up dead. You don't need that much, especially on a cut.

Yes plenty from the Market if I come early in the morning otherwise no nuts for me because its very popular

1g/lb is too much even if I'm on a deficit. I'm not cutting, I'm just a fatass riding the noob gains train.

I imagine the other benefit is longer digestion time increasing satiation.

100g/day is a pretty good random "i don't know your routine, mass, body fat, height or tdee" number

Alright, thank you. I was having problems getting the protein I needed anyway so at 0.75g/lb it should be easier.

Okay thank you American friends for helping me, Lucenzo out

Petition the UN to confiscate proton powder off of Westerners. Don't forget to cry and bring sad looking niglets who just want to be swole little kangs.

you don't need protein powder if you eat correctly. chicken breast, green veggies, nuts, beans (and rice), etc. have enough protein.

t. dyel

from a study I've seen, you need more on a cut, less on a bulk
You still need plenty on a bulk of course but more on a cut
idr the numbers

Ostriches have the highest protein content of any meat
Fyi

examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need/

I'm aiming for 132 g a day right now

europepmc.org/abstract/pmc/pmc5828430
>Based on the current evidence, we conclude that to maximize anabolism one should consume protein at a target intake of 0.4 g/kg/meal across a minimum of four meals in order to reach a minimum of 1.6 g/kg/day. Using the upper daily intake of 2.2 g/kg/day reported in the literature spread out over the same four meals would necessitate a maximum of 0.55 g/kg/meal.

pack of bacon

not as much as you think. really simplifying here but if you consider an RDA as 75 grams, getting 105g a day is enough to build 2lbs of muscle per month, obviously it won't be that high in reality unless you are a complete noob but still... (458*2/30 = 30g extra per day).
high protein consumption is a total meme.
a cup of (dry) rice and a cup of (dry) lentils cooked up has like 60 grams of protein and costs cents on the dollar if you buy in decent bulk. throw in 2 greek yogurts and you're at 90g for like $2.50 a day

Whatever minuscule amount of strength you MIGHT lose by skimping on protein, you can just regain in a few weeks when you start eating enough to maintain your weight again. Who gives a shit?

>Do I really need to consume 145 lbs of protein a day
>145lb of protein
Yes you do.

Attached: wew.png (600x580, 473K)