Nut general

Does Veeky Forums incorporate a variety of nuts in their diet? Are they important? Which do you eat very often?

Also, what is your experience with Brazil nuts, have they given you superpowers?

Attached: 4E0D0151-CE11-4385-8EE8-03D300324909.jpg (1500x1500, 323K)

Yes.
Almonds are boss, good amount of protein. Also peanuts (no salt). I always carry small bags of them in my backpack whenever I get hungry I can chew on them.

walnuts and macadamia nuts almost daily.. used to gorge on fresh ground peanut butter till some dr. said something about phytates or lignans or soemthing in them blocking mineral absorption.. love peanut butter but I also own a Champion Juicer and make nut butters with almonds, walnuts sprouted raw pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, macadamia nuts and pistachios

nuts are good snack food, but they don't satiate me. i'd rather skip them and eat an extra 500 calories of my main meal.

>160 cal
>14g fat
>6g carb
>6g protein
these macros seem pretty shit. never really eaten any kind of nut before because the fat scares me away. is this really considered good amount of protein to you or is there some healthier form of almond?

Most of the caloric intake isn't even digested. It's one of the reasons most people who snack on nuts don't gain weight.

Unless of course you grind them up into a fine powder.

If you don't eat 60 grams of pine nuts daily, you will never make it.

>t. squirrel

kek

>Brazil nuts
You mean niggertoes?

I mostly cut nuts out of my diet once I realized how calorie dense they truly are. I might do a small serving of slivered almonds or crushed pecans on a salad, but that's about it.

50g walnuts per day for essential fats and a brazil nut every few days for selenium and radium

>radium

Attached: 1474010637544.jpg (800x600, 73K)

>ADDING SEEDS
does fit into seeds? how do you guys eat them

Attached: Pumpkin-Seeds-768x550.png (768x550, 346K)

Pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds, just adding them to any meal I want

do you need to crush sesame seeds or don't you shit them out at once?

>buy ground flax seeds
>insert tablespoon into seeds
>pour tablespoon of seeds into mouth
>wash down with water
>do it again

stay away from omega 6 it is inflammatory

Brazil nuts are the only ones worth it due to muh selenium. literally how is any other nut any different than eating a spoon full of unsweetened peanut butter

>>Most of the caloric intake isn't even digested.
My daddy told me the same and i was skeptic about it, was i wrong to doubt him ?

>eating a block of cheese won't gain any weight
>but if you shred it fine you gain more calories
if this was remotely true you could prove it by swallowing a ton of whole peanuts then shitting a payday bar.

Attached: 1520918007835.gif (450x551, 213K)

the theory is that the protein-fat cluster are too big to be absorbed

what about chewing. do I need to chew them or can I gulp them in one go

Attached: 1520390909993.gif (550x412, 1.61M)

Yeah do macadamians instead. Perfect ratio of omega 6 to omega 3

Pumpkin seeds are GOAT just remember to chew like a madman when eating seeds

can I use one of these instead? should I put it in water?

Attached: 51dww7S1qQL.jpg (493x500, 52K)

>Macadamia (they don't have phytic acid AKA antinutrient)
>Walnuts (for brain health, they even look like brains and it is not a coincidence)
>Brazil nuts (2 per day for that selenium)

Optimal. I'm doing keto until I am at 8% bodyfat.

>Wake up
>Wonder what's going on, on Veeky Forums
>Open catalog
>First thread I see
>Nut general

Attached: welcome to fit anon.jpg (681x282, 41K)

bump

Attached: 1520211721797.jpg (600x800, 49K)

this is what i eat i love this this mix

Attached: Kirkland-Signature-Unsalted-Mixed-Nuts-Costco-3.jpg (1024x768, 385K)

Surely our guts are designed to eat a lot of nuts, evolutionary before we fished where else would we get our omegas from? monkeys eat a lot of nuts, they are high in fat and relativly ok with protein, suppliment that with insects and have we got a fantastic keto diet, maybe thats why it works so well? OPINIONS?

so on a bulk, eating about 500 cal of sunflower seeds or cashew nuts plus 500 cal of peanut butter daily, would it be good for me or no?

Nuts contain too much PUFA which decreases 5AR activity (less testosterone).

I try to avoid eating nuts.
Most nuts have high omega 6 to 3 ratios (almonds have the highest ratio) and I have bad inflammation so I need to keep that in check.

>not eating 500 calories of brazil nuts every day
Get on my level

thats why you should only eat macadamia and brazil nuts
tiger nuts too but have no clue what the fuck are those or where to get them

Shit's expensive for me yo :(

Deez nutz

I've always just eaten Almonds. Should I be eating a mix of different nuts?

Kill. Yourself. Now.

Im fcking addicted to almond nuts, i keep a bag on my desk, but this shit never fills you up so i just end up eating a shit ton.

I used to eat brazil nuts all the time. Easy calories for gains, good micronutrient profile for men's health, and convenient. No superpowers but felt pretty good. Almonds and walnuts are good too

I live in Oregon and have a nut orchard. Mostly hazelnuts.
Its fantastic.

Don't eat more than 3 or 4 brazil nuts a day on a regular basis. Selenium is good but brazil nuts have a HUGE amount. Possible to develop toxicity

>Nut Orchard
>Oregon

We all know you mean Gay Bathhouse, at least you will never run out of protein.

Yes, I eat 200g of peantus when bulking when bulking and 100g of raw almonds when cutting.