Actually decide to cut properly counting macros and starting calories high

>actually decide to cut properly counting macros and starting calories high
>actually not starting the cut at super low calories to try and rush it and fail
>actually stick to my macros
>actually losing body-fat
>actually not feeling flat or weak because still getting enough calories to get a pump and at least maintain strength while slowly losing bodyfat
>actually not feeling hungry all the time

Why don't you guys promote this? Why is everyone here just saying to do super drastic cuts where you lose all strength, go flat, and starve? Why does no one here do cuts slowly and properly?

It should be put into the sticky, do not cut calories low, keep them high as possible while still losing bodyfat, none of that crazy deficit shit to try lose it ASAP, that shit never works long term and you lose all your fucking gains in mean time.

I'll never

Attached: 3i2i325990325.jpg (319x319, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/amp/www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog_amp.asp?post=you_asked_how_many_calories_does_strength_training_burn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'll never

Listen to Veeky Forums again.

Them science mother fucker prep coaches give ut all the info for free on the youtubes

sticky says 500 deficit for weight loss. is that drastic by your standards?
also how many calories are you eating?
also whats your deficit?
also whats ur BMR?

>45197923
-2800 TDEE
-Eating 2600 calories
-Burning 200-300 calories via cardio everyday

Doesn't even feel like I am cutting, but I am waking up leaner everyday, not being flat, still getting a pump.

Every other cut I've done I'd start at like 1800 calories and feel like shit

ok...how do you guys count the caloric value of home cooked meals? You don't know the exact quantity of each ingredient that you've ingested...so do you err on the conservative side? (e.g. guess and round down if bulking to ensure that you definitely eat enough)

U wot? The typical cut proposed here is just -500 kcal.

>You don't know the exact quantity of each ingredient that you've ingested
Hm? I use a measuring scale and eat the whole thing.

Ok for example a stir fry portion. Would you weigh all of the ingredients beforehand and just average the amount of each ingredient in the portion?
Is that as accurate as you need to be in order to see results (or too accurate, or not accurate enough)?

I would measure what I'm going to cook, the cook it and eat it. If I need to divide the result then separate it into equal parts and assume they are more or less correct. The only real important part of that is that raw things have different weights and calories than cooked things, so sometimes I find myself measuring things after cooking and only chopping them to serve.

Your metabolism will soon adapt to your decrease in calories and you will gain weight will consuming less calories than you did before.

Wrong.
As he loses weight his TDEE will become lower, but metabolism adaptation doesn't happen like you describe.

>Why don't you guys promote this?
you must have missed the sticky.

>home cooked meals

You mean mummy cooks for you still?

You can cook your own home made meals and individually weigh out each ingredient and track it all no problem.

How retarded are you?

>weigh out the meat
>weigh out the veggies
>weigh out any additional shit you put on it

How hard is that? You just start this lifting thing yesterday or something?

Hello I am making Stir Fry, I have a Kitchen Scale, and I have Common sense.

>I am using 350g of chicken breast (measured raw) *enters into app*
>I am using 100g of carrots *enters into app*
>I am using 200g of broccoli *enters into app*
>I am using 80g of onion *enters into app*
>I am using 1 table spoon of olive oil *enters into app*
>I am using 2 table spoons of tomato sauce *enters into app*

How hard is that?

>You mean mummy cooks for you still?
s-sometimes
thanks brehs

but... but... those 200-300 calories from your cardio should already be factored into your TDEE

you're doing it wrong...

>Why is everyone here just saying to do super drastic cuts where you lose all strength, go flat, and starve?

Because all the information you need is in the sticky. If you didn't read the sticky and instead just made a thread and asked your question, then you deserve the terrible advice you get.

Or you could just enter in all the food that you bought at the supermarket for your week ahead plus add any additional stuff you ate that week.

Nah he'll stop losing weight after a while but he won't gain weight if calories are the same as before. Means doing cardio or dropping more calories though

Attached: 1521316381890.jpg (757x683, 31K)

Would a -800kcal for a “faster” cut be a good idea? I ate like shit the past two days and I’m autistically dissapointed in my self right now.

Intermittent Fasting makes the whole process easier.

i plan to start tomorrow a 1month or 2 summer shred since its all I neef as Im around 13%bf if not less
Do i put sedentary or light exercise on the TDEE? I lift 5x week
plan on cutting on a 200-300deficit depending how I feel and do a day or two of maintenance with carb load every 2nd or 4th week

Sedentary if all you do is lifts.

even at 5x week lifting? seems low

Lifting will burn maybe 50 calories an hour, at best. The point is anarobic activity, so your heart isn’t pumping for 30 minutes straight when you’re doing a set of squats. It’s best to exclude any non-cardio calories from TDEE calculation

Definitely sedentary IF you spend an hour lifting a day and nothing else. Lifting is good for a lot of things but not for burning kcals.

Sick of being fat probably

This.

Lifting increases your BMR due to increased LBM on your frame. This increases the more muscle mass you have. If you have a calculator that lets you input body-fat % you will notice your BMR increase if you have heavy weight + low bodyfat.

Cardio is for increasing TDEE. This is your actual activity.

This is why your lifting should be all about maximizing strength/size, resting properly between each set, not rushing it, ensuring maximal strength & muscular development. Leave the rushing around to your cardio.

alright thanks for the insight
I was doing maintenance calories and losing weight and thought it was because i was putting sedentary activity
guess i have more muscle than I thought

>actually not starting the cut at super low calories to try and rush it and fail
Done that one too many times

I've never seen people recommending crash diets here. All I ever read is 200-500 calorie deficits.

What’s the deficit you fail at

Attached: 1508035279737.jpg (540x720, 86K)

Attached: 1521180054816.jpg (720x720, 50K)

So when I input my activity level in a TDEE calculator, what should I put if I lift 3 days a week with about 20 minutes of cardio on each day?

What if I you have a job where you're standing on your feet or walking around most of the day, would you pick light exercise for that?

The calories meme macro is pretty bad desu.
Go on the following diet
65% vegs/fruit
15% grains
20% protein
pretty ez and healthier no need to calculate your faggotry. Also cut shit sweets and only eat dark bitter chocolate every once in a while as your sweet.

google.com.au/amp/www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog_amp.asp?post=you_asked_how_many_calories_does_strength_training_burn

More like 266 calories/hr