Any anons here meditate? I'm wondering if it can help improve my patience and curb my temper. Any tips where to start?

Any anons here meditate? I'm wondering if it can help improve my patience and curb my temper. Any tips where to start?

Attached: medi11.jpg (510x340, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puredhamma.net/bhavana-meditation/myths-about-meditation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just start. Sit down for 10 - 20 mins and close your eyes, focus on your breath.

Thoughts will pop into your head seemingly out of nowhere, just acknowledge them and then re-shift your focus back to your breath. With practice this will become easier and you will be able to stay focused for longer and longer.

I do it at my gyms only flat bench. Ive worked up to tuning out the world and even the loud voices telling me to get off the bench if im not using it.

Also look into the app ‘Primed Mind’ if you’re looking for a guided meditation. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and it has really helped to reshape the way I think about things in a more positive manner

I meditate on breaks. I stare at the steering wheel in my car and concentrate on my breath for as long as I can until a thought comes. (This is usually two or three breaths). Then I try to analyse that thought and be mindful of how and why it arrived. Then I write down in a sticky and put it on my dash so I can think about it.

Meditation and yoga cured my depression

i don't think meditation is the best way to stop anger, will probably cause you to bottle it up and snap eventually

you need to identify what makes you angry and stand up to it, even if it means being offensive

Somebody post starting sit, I’ve been looking for it.

Attached: AAFF0D6D-E136-4FE6-9A79-3FD8DE239648.jpg (723x1024, 166K)

sitting around brainlessly doesn't make you a meditator you fucking nigger

Never mind.

Attached: A12B5916-8390-43F1-9503-7F5C4EA16567.jpg (518x3648, 485K)

What if it's stupid stuff like I'm impatient and lots of little things build up, like bumping my knee on the coffee table or I can't find the TV remote and then I find it in the first place I had looked or dropping my keys three times in a row in public? I've got my fair share of problems but the stuff that triggers me is usually small, unrelated, and accumulated.

I meditate by planking. I've been slowly increasing my plank time over the last two years. Currently, I plank for 1 hour when I wake up and 1.5 hours at bed time. Sometimes at lunch, I'll grab a quick 30 minutes of planking. My core has become so strong that I can force digested food through my intestines and shit at will. I can also anal prolapse on demand, something which has on more than one occasional won me free beers. I don't even lift anymore or do any other workouts because planking has been so effective. I suspect it's the next big spiritual practice.

>i don't think meditation is the best way to stop anger, will probably cause you to bottle it up and snap eventually
That is true depending of the kind of meditation. If it's the one where you concentrate in a thought object like the breath then it's only a temporary fix, you supress anger and whatever other bad feelings but they eventually resurface because the underlying ideas you have determine you to automatically produce these hateful thoughts again.

Mental defilements like anger are removed by rationalizing them away. If you contemplate and make an effort to deeply understand the pointlessness of anger, how it actually stands in the way of you solving your problems and relate it to examples from your life you eventually drop that and the pre-programmed attitude of producing these thoughts disappears permanently.

That is a different kind of "meditation" that has nothing to do with the McMindfulness taught everywhere these days. You are not supposed to block all thoughts but rather to re-engineer your mind to stop producing for good these or any others that give you problems.

Consider reading this site: puredhamma.net/bhavana-meditation/myths-about-meditation/

Attached: Pure Dhamma - 1 Introduction to Buddhist Meditation.png (664x4204, 442K)

Attached: Pure Dhamma - 2 The Basics in Meditation.png (667x3189, 330K)

Attached: Pure Dhamma - 3 The Second Level - Key to Purify the Mind.png (648x4324, 447K)

10% happier app has short guided sessions for beginners and is free

pic related - its my prolapse bar trick

Attached: 1349440788414.jpg (1056x711, 106K)

Attached: Pure Dhamma - 4 What do all these Different Meditation Techniques Mean?.png (656x3288, 352K)

How am I supposed to sit during meditation? Can I do it in a chair, laying in bed or have to sit cross legged?

Attached: 1419762653711.gif (440x330, 2.81M)

It's great. Get the app "Headspace". It helped a lot getting started.

I sit in a chair - start at like 3minutes and add 30 seconds a day until you begin to struggle then just add 10 seconds