Fucking hell Veeky Forums, I am about to publish my second paper

fucking hell Veeky Forums, I am about to publish my second paper

JESUS CHRIST WE FUCKING SOLVED THAT FUCKING PROBLEM

FUCKING FINALLY

I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS

WE ARE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT

Attached: 1520693436802.png (633x758, 158K)

Do you even have time to lift?

thankfully I have no tight/fixed schedule in my PhD. I make sure to lift early in the morning, usually from 8:30 to 10:30 so I can have the rest of the day free to do research

Sounds like a good time if you're one of the guys that don't feel completely exhausted and tired after training. Also try to get enough sleep and a bit of sun from time to time.
We're gonna make it.

>tfw so burnt out can barely manage undergraduate course work
>simple intro level physics is BTFOing me

Attached: 1508476555691.png (645x729, 91K)

you are right sleep is super important, starting my day achieving something makes me feel very positive for what's coming next.

Lifting at night can also work to let all that rage from failing to achieve anything during the day (most of my days) out.

>Tfw 3 years into my PhD and had two papers rejected multiple times because reviewers are cunts who don't appreciate shit that isn't clickbaity
I'm working now as a programmer, doing my PhD on weekends, but frankly I just want to end it and put those 3 wasted years behind me.
I'm fucking sick of research now, especially papers, both reading and writing

>Lifting at night can also work to let all that rage from failing to achieve anything during the day (most of my days) out.

That's what I did most of the time, although I was a lazy fuck during my studies, but squatting felt rewarding anyway.

Do you need a phd as a programmer, are there possibilities to get into a higher position with that or at least more moneys at the end of a month? I'm working in software development and don't even need anything from my m.sc. We have a guy that did his doctor while working and training me stuff and now with his doctor he's doing the same as before and I don't think there was a change on his payment.
But if you're looking for a new job in a big city this should work of course.

Got the same this past week. Keep fighting the good fight user.

A lot of companies like Google have positions that are specifically geared towards PhD dudes, these positions I believe have greater salaries and titles, and more interesting work.
Helped me get my dream programming position because it looks fantastic on your resume (if your thesis is related to the position), but between you and me it doesn't make me much better at programming than your average undergrad with pre-uni hobby programming experience.
I know a SHIT LOAD more about some subjects than your average graduate though

I also just finished the hardest part of my Master Thesis (setting up the word template including headers, footers, page numbers on the left and right for even and uneven numbers and roman page numbers in the front and in the back of the document)

NNow that the hard part is done, getting an A should be done in no time...

>Writing any sizable document in Word, especially technical documents
Wat
Should have used LaTeX, pleb
Once you get over the beginner learning curve it is way better than anything else

>tfw you discovered a two step synthesis with above 80% yield for a known cancer drug by accident
>tfw it usually takes 8 steps
Also breaking PR on my bench

>tfw i spent 12 hours and 5000 words this weekend working on a report worth 4% of my grade

Attached: image.gif (645x773, 41K)

I was studying a marketing and management bachelor at uni, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop out.
Fuck me bros, My parents just wanna help me, but im such a fucking fag. Im half way though, but just have no fucking desire to finish this shit.

>have a research paper due in two months and I haven't even began to collect the data
Marketing is such a shitty degree but I hope I'm gonna make it too

Attached: 1521104234911.jpg (720x736, 94K)

Yo man, I a first-year cs student. Could you give me an example of how your average work day as a programmer looks like?

I wrote my entire Bachelor thesis in Latex, not doing that mistake again

Word's citation management being bad is a meme and simply positioning a fucking image on the correct page took me hours

here is a pretty nice graphic though, I wouldn't have been able to produce something like this in Word but taking 1-2 days isn't worth it

Attached: latex.png (482x654, 105K)

I open up riot and say good morning to everybody.
I continue programming whatever I was doing yesterday, or ask my boss for something to do / go into the ticket management system and pick out something that sounds easy or interesting then assign that to myself and work on it.
Google stuff, ask questions on riot, and write code.
Finish the ticket, then set it into "review me" mode.
Repeat.
Meetings 3 times a week where everybody gets together and talks about what they're doing.
Pretty much that.
I work from home so I'm not sure how non-remote orgs do it

Finish it bro, please do. It will get easier. You are halfway already

I work non-remote and it's pretty much the same except maybe we shoot the shit more and sometimes you need to put in earbuds to not get distracted.

Thx for the response ma man.

>tfw physics PhD
>tfw running on 0 for past 3 years

Attached: BD6E48A0-DCC4-4446-AD06-E5025FD931DA.jpg (960x925, 119K)

Do more practice problems brainlet

w-where did the quints go