VEGAN GENERAL

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course - youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Attached: 71349CF9-19BE-4045-ABB8-862742369EF6.jpg (403x404, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jandonline.org/article/S2212-2672(13)01113-1/abstract
scientificamerican.com/article/vitamin-d-deficiency-united-states/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21310306
youtu.be/D7ONKwN3Upw?t=1167
youtube.com/watch?v=sQOQdBLHrLk
dailymotion.com/video/xsd0ta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eh. I'm trying to be semi vegan.
I just have fish and seafood with lots of vegs most of the time, maybe once or twice a week I have meat.

I'm goodl ike that, I don't have to go full retard plant eater. I'll lose to much muscle that way.
I don't want to spend an hour eating also. I need rich foods.

Meat tastes nice, sage

Attached: 1521000895755.jpg (960x533, 66K)

What am I supposed to be getting out of this infograph

But raw meat is the most fully digested food in our case. You literally absorb all of it.

That picture is also a false dichotomy, because it attempts to deny humans as meat eaters, but compares us specifically to a purely predatious carnivore.

We are in the hunter gatherer class,

Attached: eye-position.jpg (474x306, 31K)

How many people do you think it would take to stop eating meat to have any effect on muh environment or der animals? Animal product demand is increasing and will always increase, you will never have an effect not buying the food off the shelf, the animals are already dead anyway, by purposely not buying it in that state you are actually disrespecting the animals

humans are born to hunt. The reason modern people cant eat raw meat is because they didnt grow up on it.

I eat meat only because it tastes good. I do not care about the suffering of the animals or the pollution on the environment. In fact, those are bonuses as far as I’m concerned. If there was a less humane way to kill animals, i would prefer that.

>I just have fish and seafood
Enjoy mercury poisoning
>I'm goodl ike that, I don't have to go full retard plant eater. I'll lose to much muscle that way.
>durr muh protein!
ffs how many times do we have to go over this?
>I don't want to spend an hour eating also. I need rich foods.
In what world does it take longer to prepare and eat beans, spinach, and broccoli than meat?

>digesting raw meat
If only we had figured out how to master fire so that we could pre-digest and sanitize our food before consumption allowing for smaller more energy efficient stomachs.

>You can get all the nutrition you need from a vegetarian diet.
DHA. What are some good vegetarian sources of it?

My brother is a fucked little piece of shit librul who is allowing his wife to raise their three kids on a vegetarian diet. All three of them are below the 50th percentile in ALL signs of development both physical and psychological. They're 2 years older than my kids and my kids are physically taller and stronger, are rarely sick compared to their chronic illnesses. And my kids are straight A student's while his are averaging C's or worse.

> In what world does it take longer to prepare and eat beans, spinach, and broccoli than meat?
it not only takes longer to prepare, it also takes longer to consume.

> Enjoy mercury poisoning
k

> ffs how many times do we have to go over this?
Dunno what u talkin bout, soiboi xD

Edgy
Pic
Appeal to futility fallacy

Attached: CE85B405-7C42-4690-95CB-D41B7807DBB1.jpg (1024x584, 183K)

this sounds like the truth. don't do vegan diet for kids. it's bad.

>Appeal to futility
He's right you faggot. Even if 2 out of 10 people were vegan, the meat industry would still be alive and strong.

Except chimps actually hunt and eat meat. How delusional do you have to be to ignore basic scientific fact?

CRAAAWLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN

>vegan thread is full of triggered retards
Why do you little faggots cry so fucking hard every time lmfao. Meat eaters are such big babies.

>b-but if chimps do it, we should too!
You’re literally just repeating what he said, and it’s still wrong. Fucking dipshit. Do you understand what a logical fallacy is? Does your stupid meatard brain have the capability of comprehending anything?

I am fully capable of eating and digesting meat
VEGANS BTFO

The reason we grew such large brains is because we got access to high-calorie food like bone marrow, then we learned to hunt.
Inuits live just fine on meat because humans are closer biologically to animals than to plants, thus they're able to get all needed nutrients from flesh.

Attached: 1521296080845.png (900x1456, 544K)

One part of the info graph is already factually inaccurate. Why should I listen to anything else it says?

wrong, we developed enzymes which made it easier to digest starches

Attached: Starch_human_evolution.png (996x1504, 203K)

Kill yourself

You haven't countered the point, retard. How are you going to change the industry if most of the population engages in it?
Serious question.

Daily reminder that meat causes cancer regardless of what our ancestors ate

Attached: heme_iron_cancer.png (2410x2810, 2.29M)

do you eat all of your grains and vegetables uncooked?

What the fuck do you retards think pic related are for. Humans have evolved to eat both meat and plants

Attached: D004AC61-6742-411E-9E48-9201159AF68E.jpg (371x237, 71K)

How is that relevant at all today?
You’re actually retarded aren’t you? The argument is invalid, I don’t need to counter anything. Give me an argument that isn’t logically faulty and then we can discuss it.

ok so red meat is the literal devil but i've never read something against chicken, turkey or fish in these threads for example, what makes them so bad?

Except humans are smart enough to prepare and cook food. You're denying every part about us that makes us human. The fact that we have and always will hunt and kill animals for their meat/products goes to show that we are the apex predator and also smart enough to not give a fuck about how they "feel" because there are no feelings in a predator-prey relationship.

>humans arent made to eat meat despite having done so since the start of times and naturally being able to eat and hunt meat
t. 23 IQ vegans

are these the most low-effort high impact troll threads on all of Veeky Forums

Attached: 1517435481471.jpg (620x670, 93K)

>gets called out on using bullshit as an argument
>projects the fault on the person that corrects him
>then proceeds to lecture others on what a logical fallacy is
WEW

>it's another of these cancerous falseflagging threads
Yikes.

>This is what the current factual state of 1st world countries' meat industry
>"No it isn't, cuz there's no way for me to win"
You are a brainlet. Also, arguement from fallacy.

>survivial without animal protein: impossible
exdee

They will hate you because you speak the truth

Attached: 1464119092255.jpg (500x462, 91K)

This is op

Attached: 1517198479658.jpg (480x854, 42K)

Good luck building brain on pure sugar.

>How is that relevant at all today?
Translation:
>We need modern technology so we can get all animal nutrients while claiming to not eat meat and pretend we are the good guys

We are not plants, plants do not have all nutrients we need. A lot of vegans are thin and overly aggressive from malnutrition.

I'm not suprised, she needs animal nutrients after all.

>humans hunt by sprinting

Attached: 1507081530789.png (488x463, 28K)

2/10 shitpost.

>got no counterarguments
wew

but we still get arteriosclerosis, which carnivores dont get. and arteriosklerosis offs most of the population in the developed world via heart disease, stroke and alzheimers.

"our ancestors did it" is not a good reason to consume poison.

Blue board retard

Name one essential nutrient that's meat only. Pro tip it's not B12.

We hunt by running our prey to death - so long distance, not sprinting

K2, taurine, CLA
>implying they’re not essential

Vitamin D during winter

Yes they literally aren't and your even wrong about K2 and lineolic acid.

We're supposed to have enough stored. Doesn't really happen anymore but doesn't make it an argument either. If you specifically eat meat to get your D levels high enough you might as well supplement it.

Zinc
Iodine

>We're supposed to have enough stored.
They're using up faster if you're eating an unbalanced diet.
You method might work if you're fasting through winter, but I don't see it happening in your case, especially if you're thin in first place.

>. A lot of vegans are thin and overly aggressive from malnutrition.
vegans are the only group with a normal bmi when reaching middle age, meat eaters are obese on average by then.
jandonline.org/article/S2212-2672(13)01113-1/abstract

Perhaps they are not thin and overly agressive.
Perhaps you are fat and annoying.

scientificamerican.com/article/vitamin-d-deficiency-united-states/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21310306

over 40 % of 'mericans are deficient in vitamin D. seems to be a non-veganb problem as well

Both wrong again. Yikes go think of better baits, not even worth replying anymore

>vegan "politics"

Attached: belittles.jpg (375x375, 34K)

>humans make their own taurine.
>thinks k2 is a meaningful distinction. body gets all the K it needs from a half cup of kale. Doesn't matter from which K.
>CLA is a transfat. good job retard.

Only a meat eating cluck boi could be this stupid.

Sorry but K2 and CLA are only found in meat

>meat eaters are obese on average by then.
You mean those guys who eat sweets and french fries every day?
They're fat because they don't give a shit about nutrition and just munch on anything tasty.

Vegans have harder time gaining diet because plants aren't so caloric.

>over 40 % of 'mericans are deficient in vitamin D
>'mericans
'mericans have shit diets, big surprise.
Japanese for example often eat fish yet they are mostly thin.

>Both wrong again.
How?

Vegans in shambles:

youtu.be/D7ONKwN3Upw?t=1167

You have to eat such a retarded amount of meat that is ACTUALLY high in mercury in order to get poisoning from it.

Way to go making yourself look uneducated.

Kys faggot

Attached: 1517121133262.jpg (595x451, 56K)

That humans are closer to herbivores than carnivores.

>missing the point of the post

Attached: images (1).png (386x381, 12K)

But they are closest to omnivores because that’s literally what we are :)

>what are Inuits
Even herbivores welcome meat every once a while
youtube.com/watch?v=sQOQdBLHrLk

starts thred with jpg that lies about meat digestion in humans
op is a faggot
also the corned beef I ate yesterday was bready good so fuck off vegans

Attached: 1521250486312.jpg (530x326, 24K)

Someone told me to take my bullshit meal to the vegan thread, what is wrong with my meal?
I cooked bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, sauerkraut, garlic, and added some spices.
I'm trying to improve my skin and I thought this would be good for skins gains.
Am I missing something? I'm not vegan btw.

Attached: IMG_20180318_100740.jpg (3120x4160, 1.44M)

The goal isnt to end the meat industry through gaining more vegan members brainlet, the world will sort that out when it's forced to (overpopulation will effectively destroy the meat industry) . The goal of veganism is just to squash this anti science rhetoric that meatcucks have about the health risks and environmental destruction, so that when the politicians have to increase regulations on the industry there will be minimal confusion and push back from the general population

if you want skin gains take cold showers
cold showers are

Would honestly recommend a long fast, but never got a chance to try it myself.

>what are different genetics.
Not to mention Inuits don't even cook their meat half the time and eat plenty of low fat fish meat both of which effectively lower the risk of inflammation and heart disease. Their health is still worse than vegetarian populations like the okinawans.

Attached: 42ccd489c62abdb1269d7bb863b1c6e4.jpg (756x576, 203K)

If you post a meal with no protein on this board you will get shitted on

I've been taking cold showers for 3 weeks now and it hasn't made my skin any better after the first week.
I've been doing 16 hour fasts regularly, would a long fast be greater than 24 hours?

he fucking are the contents of the lil critters stomach, wew lad, too hardcore for me.

Lol OP I'm going to make this very simple for you: I enjoy the taste of red meat. Why should I ever stop eating it?

It's a decent healthy meal, nothing wrong with it. Will it improve your skin? Only if you are deficient in some nutrients those foods cover or if you are allergic/sensitive to things you'd otherwise eat.

is that a chimp?
because chimps literally hunt and eat smaller monkeys

Attached: 1520208591486.jpg (480x480, 15K)

97% plant based still tho...

>by purposely not buying it in that state you are actually disrespecting the animals
to buy it is to support more meat production in the future
beyond not buying it yourself, you do what you can to convince other people to also not eat animal products

Lift and go outdoors duh

Attached: reallymakesyouthink.png (1090x645, 1.28M)

>vegetarian populations like the okinawans

>Another characteristic of Okinawan cuisine is its reliance on meat. The main protein sources of Okinawan cuisine are derived from livestock, specifically pigs. [wikipedia]
They still eat meat. They also practice eating less, so they're like 80% full, apparently.

It's easy to survive on pure meat diet, but it's way harder to survive on pure plant diet.
Genetics do help live longer, but won't help when it comes on reliance of animal protein.

>I've been doing 16 hour fasts regularly, would a long fast be greater than 24 hours?
Apparently you can fast for weeks if ate balanced diet beforehand.
I myself got only chance to fast for two days, family dinners prevent me from going longer.

>DHA. What are some good vegetarian sources of it?
you can get algae-based omega 3 at any vegan shop
lots of vegans (and omnivores) screw up their nutrition but it's easy to get all your nutritional requirements if you read up a little

Vegans btfo.

Okinawans arent vegans or even vegetarians, they just eat less and recent studies show that eating less reduces cancer risk even if the diet stays the same.

Monkeys think you're full of shit
dailymotion.com/video/xsd0ta

Herbivores and other great apes: have gut microbiomes that can metabolise chlorophyll and cellulose and turn it into SCFAs;
Humans: can't metabolise chlorophyll and cellulose.

Hm.................................

That's what I implied.
Fast are healthy because it lets your body to sort it's shit.

>sort it is shit
What?

>[wikipedia]
Yeah they eat meat but that quote is plain bullshit. They eat like 70% sweetpotatoes and 97% vegan. Similar to the other population studies of very healthy people. Also your claim about a meat only diet is plain wrong, there literally is no "reliance on animal protein".

Yeah i know, just wanted to add a bit. Funny thing is that all those vegans appeared at the same time spamming the same shitty infographics and blatantly lying. I dont want to go muh jews but its obvious its organized for some reason.

This thread convinced me to buy a rotisserie chicken when I go to the grocery store today. Then I'm going to throw it directly into the garbage, just to waste it. Get mad poorfags. Keep eating leaves. For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Attached: 4juxs06vlm-separate-all-you-need-is-love_459b829a8ac4c1fe26f6d63e5a16c1ff.jpg (1337x1000, 236K)

Remove the toxins, burn the excess of fat, stuff like that. Body got nothing else to do when it has nothing to digest.

97% vegan doesn't mean actually vegan you dipshit.

>97% vegan doesn't mean actually vegan you dipshit.
No shit but that wikipedia quote you cited talks like they eat a lot of meat. Never did I say anything else you illiterate shitposter.

Bump

Then don\t say they're vegetarian.