Is CICO a meme?

>Tired of being a fatty, started dieting-ish after Christmas
>Started small just trying portion control, saw some quick results
>Around mid February I started trying to make my diet healthy with things like reduced bread, lowering intake of fast food, no non-diet soda, and adding lean meats and veggies
>Started Strong Lifts in February, and have done it 3 days per week pretty much since (I'm pretty sure I'm at or above 1/2/3/4, but don't have a 4th set of 45 weights to know for deadlift)
>Saw a thread encouraging setting goals last week, so I decided to try to lose 2 lbs a week before graduation in May
>Followed calories pretty diligently although some food was junk, went from 318.2 to 317.6
kinda bummed.jpeg

So MFP is showing 2080 calories (and it somehow went up to 2120 after updating my weight, wtf?) per day for 2 lb weight loss (at the most sedentary setting). I also don't give myself extra calories after working out. So what gives? Is the calorie number off? Fluke? Is the crap food in my diet screwing me? What should I do to get on track to meet my 2 lb goal this week?

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-113521.png (1080x2220, 155K)

Also I'm weighing myself only in the morning in my boxers, so inconsistencies in measurements shouldn't be the error unless my digital scale is garbage

are you weighing your food?

CICO is written in stone all the way up until you are trying to get sub-12% BF and then you have to pay more attention to carbs if you want it to work.

If you're stalking on CICO, do more cardio or reduce your intake. Don't pay too much attention to the calculators, pay attention to your results. Everybody has different metabolism. Also, get your bloods done to make sure that you aren't fighting against hormonal imbalances or macro deficiencies.

Stop drinking soda and eating fast food, no exceptions. Start drinking water before every meal. Get a couple cases of waters and keep them in your car and in your bedroom.

This. A million times this.
Your not going to lose weight if you're drinking your calories.

Most of what I've been eating is either pre packaged or I'm measuring with a measuring cup. The main objections being fruits and veggies which I'm probably overestimating (i.e. I'm counting a banana or Apple as 110 calories).

I've stopped regular soda/tea/juice completely. I'm drinking 1-2 diet sodas per day at most.

I need to get off fast food for sure, but I'm miles above what I was eating before. For example, one day my full diet was 2 chicken wraps and a small chili from Wendy's, two jr burgers with half the bun from Sonic, and then a can of spinach and a scoop of protein powder. Certainly not ideal, but it came to like 2000 calories exactly.

Hey bro. The hormone insulin determines how much fatty acid your fat tissue releases. The more insulin, the less body fat you will lose. If your calories are low but your insulin is high, your body will compensate by lowering your BMR i.e. how many calories your body burns at rest. You will notice this as lower body temp (feeling cold) and less motivation/energy. This is how most calorie-restricted diets high in insulinogenic foods (refined carbs) lead to plateaus at higher-than-desired BF%.

Notice that what I said doesn't violate "muh law of fermodienamiks." The types of foods you eat has a direct effect on the CALORIES OUT side of the CICO equation. CICO is true, but not in the simplistic, naive way the majority of mouth-breathers on Veeky Forums insist on applying it.

TL;DR: to lose fat weight, lower serum insulin.

It's not a meme, but the problem is that your body can do to manipulate the "CO" part that you can't control. Remember that it thinks you are starving, even though you are overweight. You're 20lbs down, so it's starting to get nervous.

Take a week off from dieting, just eat maintenance according to MFP. That will prime you to keep losing weight again.

Should I still workout and everything during a prime week?

Yes

>1-2 diet sodas
stop

Diet sodas are extremely sweet and make you crave more sweet foods. The sweeteners are poison. They'll make your joints ache and make you lethargic.

Losing weight is about impulse control. You aren't doing yourself any favors by drinking two sodas per day and treating it like snacks/sweets are a viable replacement for sustenance items in your diet. It's time to unlearn the bad behaviors, else you'll gain the weight back even if you lose it.

So diet sodas are bad? I'm not far from cutting them altogether as is, but the scientific community is pretty well backing aspartame I thought. Inb4 some jew meme.

As for the craving sweets thing, I don't really do sweets at all, even with the diet soda. When I say junk food, I'm generally talking fast-food meats and occasionally fries.

You aren't counting your calories correctly. Either you're burning less than you think, or you're missing/underestimating calories.

Ignore the shitty experiments done on rats. How many fat people do you see drinking diet sodas every day? How many fat people do you see drinking water every day?

Stop setting yourself up for failure. Food is supposed to keep you alive, not make you happy. You're going to have to change your lifestyle and the way you look at food if you want good and lasting results.

Try one day fasts.

>1-2 diet sodas per day
i hope you are trolling

Attached: 1520150440664.jpg (1080x1123, 115K)

Don't worry about diet sodas. Retards that believe in pseudoscience freak out about that.

anyways you're probably not counting your calories right. Just eat whatever you're eating, and try eating less of it.

Odds are you’re either miss calculating foods or you’re forgetting to add in things like oils and stuff. Also one cheat day can easily ruin an entire weeks progress

I'm like 136 lb and 5'9 and I drink 3 20oz bottles of Diet Coke per day. Dunno what your problem is

I want to cum on her breasts.

Did I say anything about skinny people or are you 130lbs and only 3ft tall/fat?

This thread is about fat people trying to lose weight. Fatties go to diet soda to cut the sugar and it desensitized their tastebuds, making them crave more flavor in their foods and they wind up getting the sugar/calories in other ways.

Nobody gives a shit what skinny DYELs drink. You'll either be skinny forever or you'll become a skinny-fat when your metabolism crashes in your 30s. Either way, your genetics are not the same as fattie OP and what works for you to maintain will not work the same for him to lose weight.

Get a food scale. 10$
Measuring cups won't hack it.

There is nothing special about you. Eat less, everything else is a meme. Keep cutting your intake till you see loss.

Diet soda is fine..you're an idiot

Attached: tenor.gif (220x268, 139K)

>Is CICO a meme

No. It is literally how your body and fucking nutrition works. I am so pissed that people are like "oh CICO is this new fad diet." No. it's the exact opposite of that as it's literally just eating less than your body burns in order to burn fucking fat stores. I'm so fucking triggered, you guys. I hate women. Remember it's women who do all this bull shit.

Also, remember that your actual TDEE will be different than what a calculator gives you. The most accurate TDEE is one that you calculate based off of your weight loss and your calorie intake based off weeks of data. Seond to that is the katch mccardle which is based off your lean body mass.

>diet sodas are fine
says the e 136lb skinnyfag to the 205lb, 13% BF 2/3/4/5 lifter who used to be fat

Drink water

Eat less until you start losing fat

>Is CICO a meme?
Kill yourself OP. I went from 308lbs to 200lbs within a bit over a year by loosely counting calories.
I just overestimated everything I ate. You're either underestimating or you've calculated your TDEE too highly. That isn't to say I didn't have many stopping points, but the first 20-40lbs should FLY off if you weren't being a lying piece of shit.

Lol fucking retard. Not even that other fag. I drank two liters of Diet Pepsi for the past three days and I guarantee I'm leaner than you. Shit helps you drop weight like crazy. Why do you think it's called, "diet?" Fuck you and your purist ivory tower bullshit.

OP, drink whatever you want as long as it doesn't contain calories.

Imagine being so retarded you doubt the CICO concept. Or rather the fucking CICO truth. You're just too stupid to calculate.

It's a meme for brainlet who don't know anything about nutrition.

Equal amount of calories from Polyunsaturated Fats don't have the same effect on energy expendure as Equal cals from Monounsaturated Fats, or Saturated Fats.

Equal cals from Fructose don't have the same effect as Equal cals from Glucose/starch.

Equal cals from proteins don't have the same effect as equal cals from fats or carbs.

Then you have spefic herbs and spices that modifies energy expendure, then you have the presence or absence of bacterias, which in excess promote fat storage.

All those thinsg are not taken into account by CICO.

>start drinking water before every meal

Yeah, fuck up your digestion.

What are you, 60?

>drinking water before a meal fucks with digestion
You wot nigger.