Is lifting good for people with scoliosis?

Is lifting good for people with scoliosis?

Attached: 10646623_704453699638135_193962010683110073_n.jpg?oh=a0fa668cecbdd37872ed60d1a12af0f5&oe=5B3806E (640x852, 69K)

Have both scoliosis and lordosis. Can confirm that lifting has helped to correct my posture. However, some lifts put too much strain on my spine so I can’t go full out.

side bends, but like, the other way. til you're fixed.

look for lamar grant

>Iknowthatfeel
have the same fucking problem, it fucks up every aspect of training indirectly and directly and you can never get equal size and shape on both sides of the body but worst is the pain, I just fucked up my low back doing Zercher diddly and will probably never be the same again or at-least for a while.

OP, if you start lifting the right way with the right diet, you can and will get stronger and better looking because of 3 most important laws of nature:
>"We're all gonna make it"
>"MINDSET!"
and
>"whatever it takes"

I do feel genuine envy for people with perfect spines and how ignorant they are of this Veeky Forumsness stuff, and the crazy things the body can do when it works at it's fullest potential.

Oh, and does anyone know of what me and OP can do to fix our problems as far as doctor shit we can't do on our own? like back braces? would that do it?

Attached: suffering.png (500x737, 522K)

All you need is to have a bloatmaxxed friend walk on your back for a few minutes and your scoliosis will be gone

If you have scoliosis you can still lift but you cant do anything which puts extra weight on your spine. So no dead lifts or squats. If you still decide to do them you'll have major back problems when you get older. Also you cant fix scoliosis after puberty since it can only be corrected while you still grow and your bones are still soft and moldable.

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-203842.png (1080x1920, 645K)

Attached: JEST.jpg (317x420, 38K)

What are good techniques for people with this stuff?

Give me a better fucking answer than this

Attached: ENOUGH.gif (403x392, 84K)

No. Get into stretching and core exercises.
you'll never make it.
t.a guy with scoliosis, kyphosys and lordosis

Sup brother, scoliosis here as well

As others have already said, it depends on what you do and how severe your condition is

My scoliosis isn't that severe and I can do most lifts just fine. Never had a single problem regarding my back with squats.

However, I can't do fucking diddlys. No matter how much I try perfecting the form, which I know for a fact is on fucking point, as soon as I go over extreme baby weight (I'm talking 100-120 kg), I start to feel a lot of strain in my back and sides.
But I can do rack pulls just fine with 5 plates, I don't know what the fuck

So yeah, my advice would be, if you have an extreme scoliosis which impedes even normal functioning in some aspects of your daily life, don't even attempt squats and dls.
If it isn't that bad, and you're just starting out and don't know any better, try them out. But for god's sake TAKE IT EASY. Go slow, learn perfect form, use little weight and add more only when you feel completely safe with your form. And when you start feeling pain or discomfort, stop.

Life is worth too much to fuck it up with squats and deadlifts if you can't do them

Take care brother, were all gonna make it

Imagine putting more pressure on a bent's steel

I have both mild scoliosis and kyphosis.

It hasn't significantly changed anything except that I will sometimes get mild lower back pain if I walk for 3+ hours at once.

got severe scoliosis and do progressive overload on squats and diddis and bench and ohp and if you do it slowly your body gets strong enough to handle it. adaptation might not be as conventional as in non-spinelets but youll be fine just dont go too fast
ive been doing it for like 3 years and my diddly is almost 3x my bw its not spextacular for that timeframe but good for normie standards so be careful use common sense but dont stop doing those nice lifts

Guys you cant make up for your scoliosis even with the most perfect form.
Remember it's:
Your muscles move your bones
Your bones move the weight
So by putting more stress on your fucked up bones you'll only worsen your scoliosis.
You can still train. Just don't do anything which adds more weight onto your spine. (Small amounts are fine but i wouldn't do anything over half your body weight)
So for an example: You could do almost every calisthenic exercise. Bench pressing would also be no problem.
But keep in mind: when you have scoliosis it is very important to exercise, since doing nothing would also worsen your spine. Because your body basically collapses in on itself. So by strengthening your back you can postpone your health problems.
Just remember: We are all gonna make it

hey anons
the list is quite expensive, but first of all it's important to make a differences between peoples with pelvic imbalances and those without

if you have scoliosis and pelvic imbalances fix them before anything else, stretching/physical therapy and core work are your friend.

the ultimate list is quite long so i'll stick to the basics.
0: GET IN TOUCH WITH A GOOD PHYSIO THEY KNOW SHIT YOU DON'T(apart if you are very well informed)
1: if you have fixable kyphosis(postural or flexible) then adjust it
2 if you have forms of pelvic tilts such as apt or ppt fix them
3 stretch your imbalances, your legs are probably unevenly contracted/same for your glutes
4 CORE STABILIZATION/GLUTES IS YOUR PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
5 work your back, not your chest, in most peoples rolled shoulders and other upperbody problems means that your upperback is underdevellopped
6 Don't ego lift, work in your limits, if there is articular pain it's not normal.
7 fix your lifeplaces, you probably have shitty matresses and spend too much time siting.
8 educate yourself

About martial arts. avoid grapplin, BJJ, judo and so.
I'm on muay thai right now. is not the best thing for my back but I won't go to pilates at my age.

I'm thinking about swimming, is it good?

I have scoliosis.

my parents tried to help me fix it by hiring expensive physiotherapists in the past, but I was a dumb kid and did not do everything they told me to do.

just fucking kill me.

as long as you don't have kyphosis or rounded shoulders, yes.

Wow u retarded son.

Do you have a single shred of evidence that you can 'adjust' kyphosis or pelvic tilts, 'stretch' 'imbalances', back/chest muscle imbalances affect posture etc

I have mild scoliosis. Any good replacements for diddlies and squats?

here, fellow spinelet

Try leg press for squats. For deadlifts, there's no lift that con properly replace it, but using a few of them together works almost the same way.

For your hamstrings, you can do evey other exercise evr. Lunges, leg curling, that shit where you stick your shins under something and go down and up again with your body... hamstrings are not a problem.

Rack pulls aare good if you can do them safely and without discomfort. They're good for you spinal erectors. If you can't, but also if you can, just do a fuckload of back work.
All kinds of rows, alla kinds of pull-up variations, all the machines in your gym and then some. You want your back as strong and big as possible.

Hope this helps

Also follow this advice. And please go see a physiotherapist if you haven't already

I have a very slight scoliosis, nothing crippling or painful but before I paid attention to it I had noticably more muscle on my left lower back. Want to know what fixed it best?
Front Squats. Not too heavy, and I still do have an imbalance but unless I point it out people don't notice.
I'll re-itterate I only have a VERY MILD case

Yes 100 percent
My back feels great of working heavy on it