I did it guys!

I did it guys!

I finally benched 1pl8 today! I'm on to big weights!

I started lifting about a month ago and struggled around 45kg 5x5 but I'm up to 60kg now.

My squat and deadlifts are making good progress too but I've always had a real weak chest so I'm really happy to reach this milestone.

I know it's not a lot compared to people who have been lifting a while but still.

Attached: 4a8he.jpg (600x397, 26K)

Attached: 1513888404130.png (425x493, 239K)

good job m8

Well done, lad.
Today was also the day that I achieved 1pl8 at the bench. Took me longer than you, but the progress is there!

Nice job man

I remember when I first hit 1 plate. Great shit, keep it up

Wait, Is 1pl8 60kg? I thought it was 80kg.

It's actually 100 kg because most gyms have 50 kg pl8s.

I'm confused. So that means that you'd have to OHP 100kg, bench 200kg, squat 300kg, and deadlift 400kg? That seems exagerated. Whoever came up with 1/2/3/4 anyway? If the weights vary between different plates it's way more efficient to just use lbs or kg

No gym has 50kg plates you retard

1/2/3/4 is 135, 225, 315, and 405 lbs

Jeez, And I though that /2/ was 180lbs. Now I'm not even close :((

Dont worry, hes a liar anyway

Attached: 50kg-calibrated-plates-web2.jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

In my defense, 'most' gyms would not have those

>benching half a plate 2 weeks in
>sprain my ankle real bad and urging to go back to gym
Man am i mirin you rn

The pl8 standard is 20kg and everybody should know that.
theoretically 50kg since 10kg for bar plus 2 20kg pl8s.

Bar is 20kg

you don't count the bar though

>The pl8 standard is 20kg and everybody should know that.
you must go to a casual gym. hasnt been 20 for years

Never lifted a day in my life til last week and im 6”0 145 and i could do 1pl8

> 6ft lanklet bragging about benching under his bodyweight

p a t h e t i c, leave Veeky Forums

Attached: 1520459732865.jpg (742x854, 78K)

>lying on the internet

>6ft
>lanklet

Dude where do you live that that is lanky?

Sorry you guys are pussies but 1pl8 isnt all that impressive.

no its not impressive but unless you have a pretty considerable athletic background you probably wont walk into the gym first day and bench almost your bodyweight

Won't be pushing yourself is hard if you're always 20kg under what you should be at

im 6'5 and when I started lifting I was 185lb. I couldn't even bench 85lb but could easily squat and deadlift a pl8.
Currently at 200lb BW 105/115/205/295

I cant wait till i hit 1pl8 on bench. I dont want to be a chestlet forever bros

Ive skateboarded my whole life and im naturally atheletic but i think its hilarious how if you never lifted its impossible to hit 1pl8

In this thread: Trolls trolling trolls

I also agree that it always good to make progress, but to me 1pl8 is like bragging that you can walk to the end of your street without puffing. I am pleased at your progress, but your feat is more a reflection on being a bit of a pussy previously.
I started lifting in October and already benching 2pl8's and OHP 1pl8
I am not training strength but still going after 1/2/3/4 and finding it perverse to hit the 1/2 first.

are you touching your chest in every single rep?

if not, then you are not benching 1 plate.

I know OP, it's annoying as fuck, I've been there mate. Deload and try again.

I'm pretty sure a bar doesnt weigh 20kg where i lift.

An Olympic bar with the 40mm ends is 20kg
A Standard bar with the 25mm ends is between 9 and 12kg (not standard)

It’s more like bragging you can run 5k without stopping despite not having any previous training. It is better than average and somewhat impressive as an untrained individual but anyone who trains regularly will do that with ease.

Good on you m8. Hitting lmao1pl8 for the first time is a big milestone for most new lifters. You should feel proud.

Attached: 1465972435067.jpg (132x218, 14K)

>it's another "Veeky Forums claims to support people going to the gym, but then any time anyone posts some progress that isn't a large amount of weight, all people do is insult them, tell them how their progress is nothing, it's very weak weight, and then proceed to say how they lifted multiple plates just after starting" thread

this place needs to be fucking gassed. i have never seen a more insecure group of individuals anywhere in my life.

lookism and fitmisc fags (both of whom don't actually lift) have been using Veeky Forums as their trolling grounds since 2012

however, if you aren't already immune to the poison, you shouldn't be on Veeky Forums in the first place

>if you arent already immune

Truest words

Congrats OP

now to avoid stalling for over a month like I did, make sure to hit those damn accessory movements, e.g. dumbbel flies, incline bench press, incline dumbbell bench press, curls, skullcrushers.

you are welcome!

Iv been around to many other boards over the years and Veeky Forums is actually one of the most supportive ones. Like, "We're all gonna make it bro" is one of the key phrases.
If you find Veeky Forums toxic, do not go to other boards. Its the main reason i lurk Veeky Forums the most, other boards will eat you alive if you don't fit in perfectly

There is NO WAY i'm lifting 20kg that easily.
Fuck, bros, we're GONNA MAKE IT!

g z breh

Attached: 902.jpg (1000x800, 61K)