Is dark souls an alpha video game?

is dark souls an alpha video game?

hard bosses; only the strong will make it to the end without quitting.

seems like a test of mental strength more than anything

Attached: eb53ad3dea5946b4d8fea1313e24ca602daf17b8[1].jpg_auto=format&fit=crop&w=616&h=353&s=4 (616x353, 65K)

just ds1 and 3

>Start DS3
>Be a Wizard
>Keep playing
>End up Warrior

It really is /our/ game.

>dark souls is hard
embarrassing

DS2 is unironically the best DS for combat and MP. Invincibility rolls are for newbs.

path of exile is probably the most alpha game out there right now

Attached: d7e74fe2f04c9acaab7f3bc78439390c.jpg (640x640, 46K)

>>alpha
>>video game
pick one

not as alpha as monster hunter

Attached: 2C528A8D-1EB4-4946-B0E1-D9ACDB89D741.jpg (960x960, 70K)

Only DS2, the rest if for soys.

dark souls is different

You're thinking of CUphead

i beat both of them. i think i am ready to give up video games in general now that i am finished

this
Video games aren't alpha.
Asking if things are alpha aren't alpha.
Posting in this thread is not alpha.
Browsing Veeky Forums in general means you are not alpha.

>single player
>console
>hard
lmao

I just watched that dude no-hit DS1/2/3 in a row, took him a year of attempts and ended up being a nine hour run. Alpha? Maybe not, but definitely impressive.

>Have to put a significant amount of time in to beat it.
>Haven't accomplished anything noteworthy or even interesting after putting in all that work

Bloodborne is the greatest Fromsoft game.

no.

Attached: Artorias & Sif.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

Attached: 1507483926815.png (406x452, 30K)

ds2 has the simplest pvp and most telegraphed combat out of all of them. There is literally no depth to it, you can learn everything in like half an hour

Reminder that
Overall
Das1 > BB >>> Das3 >>>>>>>>>> Das2
Bosses
Das3 > Das1 = BB >>>>>>>>>> Das2
PvP
Not playing PvP at all > Das3 >>>>>>>>>> BB > Das2 > Das1

>devs got such a boner for the "world's hardest game" meme that they just mashed copy+paste with enemies and turned your weapons into styrofoam instead of actually bothering to make gameplay a legitimate challenge
Fuck Das2

Yes

wtf is this mess of shit trying to say? just use words man

Yes, but it's close

Dark souls is a fullblown normie game at this point and has never been difficult unless you put in your own challenge runs (sl1, no roll, etc..) also fuck the devs for removing power stance in ds3, it was one of the best parts of ds2 combat and makes dualwielding great clubs worse

>devs got such a boner for the "world's hardest game" meme that they just mashed copy+paste with enemies and turned your weapons into styrofoam instead of actually bothering to make gameplay a legitimate challenge

Let me guess, the Old Knights and Heide Knights were too much for you, weren't they.

Attached: heide.png (969x807, 1.35M)

Nah, once I realized you can beat l i t e r a l l y every single enemy in the game by walking in circles they (and everything else, esp the garbage bosses) were a breeze

>best DS for combat
DS2 combat is like one of those bad dreams where you're trying to beat someone up but your fist moves in slow motion

absolutely this

Attached: image.gif (500x500, 47K)

Attached: 1509558266501.gif (300x186, 446K)

Not really. Once you learn to parry ypu can steamroll 90% of the game outside of challenges.

NOT FIT RELATED!!!

>Stay to the side of the enemy
>Win

DS3 was designed for a much broader public than DS1. That is Miyazaki's recipe for casuals. You may wannapeek at BB as it is probably the pinnacle of esoteric lore/ grim universe/ maddening combats of the Souls series.

Attached: 1504863280854.png (652x712, 321K)

bloodborne is the easiest souls game,
encourage R1, roll spam, not the methodical combat style of ds1 and ds2.
not learning every boss moveset by heart, just spam spam spam. literally no punishment for fucking up and dodging at the wrong time.

doll is best wifu though

Attached: 57314889_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x667, 728K)

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all that you need

am i the only person alive in this world that think Dark souls 2 is the best out of the 3?

it has such a gothic, unique and clean looking aesthetic, and it is has the most deepest and interesting lore imo. probably my favourite game of all time, i hope it gets made into a film

Hey, I fucking love Dark Souls 2. I'll admit Ds1 has way better bosses and PvE, but ds2 pvp is a trillion times better than ds1 pvp, fuck anyone who claims otherwise

My nigga