Why do you spend your time lifting instead of boxing, user?

Why do you spend your time lifting instead of boxing, user?
Don't you want to make it?

Attached: https _blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com_uploads_card_image_574568_903368e1-9df7-49b9-b4d3-3 (950x534, 104K)

>Getting punched in the head repeteadly
Maybe if your head has nothing in it worth protecting this may be a good idea.
So you should go for it OP.

The point of it is not getting hit

Attached: thinkingNigga.png (747x476, 835K)

I think punching the bag at least an hour and a half a week is necessary to prevent your self from getting embarrassed in a street fight

nothing can adequately replace sparring

Dont want to pay for a boxing gym membership ontop of my gym membership famalam
>gym has a single punching bag
>Its in the middle of the free space, where people do their stretching and warm ups
>I go pretty late a night so they're arent a lot of people around
>Usually sneak in a couple punches when I end my gym session and head to the changeroom
>After that first hit connects I get that rush of wanting to beat the shit out of the bag for hours

I also dont know what Im doing so if I ever decided to spar at the gym my form and technique would look wack as fuck.

Attached: 1518418673446.png (882x758, 33K)

Cancel your gym membership and go strictly boxing some pros
>Actually be accomplishing something in the gym
>Sound badass when people ask how your in shape
>Increase self confidence significantly ( I lost count with how many guys i know that lift and still have no self confidence but the 130 pound Filipino who boxes all the time is oozing with it)

>graduate small town high school
>only real place to hang out is the pool hall at the local bar
>watch some boxing matches on their TVs summer after grad
>get kinda interested, always liked martial arts
>watch some matches/knockout comps on YouTube
>slowly fall in love with boxing
>get first paycheck from job
>buy a pair of cheap green boxing gloves, some Wal-Mart tier trunks, pair of boxing boots, a set of wraps, and a copy of Mike Tyson's Punchout
>begin to care about nothing besides boxing and nightly masturbation
>eventually don't even care about nightly masturbation
>fall in love with boxing
>spend first week of college hunting down places to box
>find the uni's boxing club Facebook page
>meet up for first practice
>die
>in a good way
>FF two months
>winter break, practice with my dad+his cop friend
>learn counter-puncher techs from cop
>try to show club coach what I learned
>be coach, insecure in position in the world
>stopped showing up because he thinks I'm learning from someone else
>eventually captain doesn't show up
>FF to summer
>can't use uni gym without paying $8000000000000000000000000000
>nowhere to train
>spend summer running with my gloves on to try to stay in shape
>FF to 2nd semester soph year
>did not stay in shape
>find actual boxing gym tho
>love it
>even getting raped during sparring
>flunk out of uni, have to go home
>tfw nowhere to train
>spend a year in small town gym training on a broken old bag at midnight
>almost get some partners to train with
>they're all useless alcoholics
>finally go to new uni
>start training with impromptu MMA club
>"wellllllll we don't like to strike too much... girls, ya know, don't like getting hit and uh-"
>tfw it's jiujitsu with muay thai shorts
>ff a semester
>find a boxer
>former pro boxer
>fucking brains me the first time we spar
>tfw concussion
>spend semester getting better
>boxing partners all flunk out/graduate/leave same semester

Ask a guy who does judo now anything

Is it worth it to find a coach to teach you, or can you be self-taught if all you want to do is box for cardio?

Hell no, if I wanna do something for cardio I'll go roll around with the beefy queers at the wrestling club. If I'm gonna do boxing, I wanna have a coach and people to spar with.

I'd LIKE to be able to put judo on the backburner and go back to boxing one day, but finding people who A: wanna train consistently and frequently and B: aren't going to run away when they see how rough the sport can be is a bitch in my state

Oh. Shit, I don't have anyone to spar with is the reason. All I have is a free punching bag someone gave me and I was debating on keeping it or not since running during the summer is hell.

>m, 22, 155lbs
>no prior experience with martial arts or any kind of fighting apart from half-drunken street brawls in self defence

I've always been fascinated by boxing but the idea of nerve-cell damage doesn't sit well with me. What would you suggest I train? Lot's of ppl suggest BJJ, what's your take?

OH

You were what YOU should do, my bad buddy.

If you're only into cardio, keep that bag since it's some of the best cardio you can do after running. If you can't find anyone to spar with, it's better to just do cardio for now and hunt for a gym in the mean time.

If you're REALLY interested in boxing, don't go to your uni's club unless they've competed and don't join any YMCA/Vegan Vanessa's Fru Fru Boxing ratchetry. Try to find a legit gym, especially one with current/former competitors

I do want to get into boxing, but the lack of dedicated boxing gym has been making me hesitant. I'm moving to Seattle in about 18 months so hopefully, I'm more likely to find a place than dirtville, nowhere. I'll keep the bag for now and get some gloves and wraps.

Is it worth going for the boxing boots if I'm not sparring with anyone for now?

At 155, judo/BJJ/wrestling might not be a bad bet. Those are not only fun and a good cardio activity, but they're also real fuckin good to have if you're a small guy since throwing/takedowns work way better for short guys. Since you're getting in street brawls and shit, I'd definitely recommend bjj or judo

Then you think wrong. Only person you'll beat is somebody who knows even less than you about fighting

Seattle has a couple good gyms, and besides that there's always a few boxing gyms in cities to get kids off the street/teach kids to fight/etc.

Again, DON'T go to some kiddie-oriented McDojo or anything.

As far as boots go, probably don't even bother unless you're after that ~A E S T H E T I C~. You'll wind up getting cheapo shitter boots OR buy an expensive pair that'll be worn out from non-sparring training by the time you find a gym.

How old is too old for boxing ?

Duly noted, thank you for the tips.

Depends on what you're after.

Cardio and even light sparring are things you SHOULD be able to do into your 50s if you're careful about it. But if you wanna compete, especially as a pro, I'm fairly certain most of them quit around their late 40s at the oldest.

Basically anything light contact. Full contact is for brainlets who have nothing to lose.

Attached: 1470852582349.jpg (309x305, 19K)

>Ask a guy who does judo now anything

Have you found a publisher?

I'm a model so if I get my face bashed in I lose my income

Yes, he called me a weeby manlet and fucked my girlfriend while I beat off on my gi

>"girls, ya know, don't like getting hit and uh-"
Your club just sucked. I miss my old uni muay thai classes so much - mostly because you got to punch cute grills. You go very easy on the small ones, obviously, but there were a few bigger ones as well.
Went there for 5 years, was loads of fun.

>Your club just sucked

It wasn't ALL bad; one guy was rolling with an 8/10 new girl and her yoga pants ripped right at the start without her knowing. We got a good view for the first round and then clued her in

Who the fuck lets fight man vs. woman ? The guy they put up with her must have been the scrawniest fuck or what.

>Who the fuck lets fight man vs. woman ?
sparing is just for training you insecure fag

Street fighting and brain damage is for paupers

because boxing is shit.

>boxing

Attached: white boi.webm (640x360, 1.04M)

I wrestle and I guarantee I could beat most of you boxing bums in a real fight

Who the fuck lets eastern europeans/pajeets on this board?

> shoots double leg

Yeah but it's so much more fun than sitting on my ass all day. Got a good own-occupation disability insurance in case someone punches me to veggie mode so idgaf.

>t. brainlet who loves sparring

Ur postin here wats to lose

when you hear the story that gif is bullshit. the guy apparently its a massive champion of whatever that sport, and the guy getting KOed is some late replacement guy with a 0-0 record. embarrassing shit but they do this in thailand all the time

Dude, there have been fucking world champions who didn't spar.

>muh kicking
lol fucking faggot.
only chinks and woman kick in a fight.

Attached: combat "sport".webm (1248x672, 1.86M)

t. 25 year old white American getting beaten into coma by 12 year old browns and blacks

I took up boxing for about 6 months before deciding it wasn't for me. I wasn't bad at it, but I wasn't good either. It was about that time, I realized, all I want to do is lift.

But you're putting yourself in a perfect situation to get hit. Head trauma is no joke man

>boxing ALL that time instead of lifting

Attached: 1515594447178.gif (645x773, 41K)

that makes zero sense.
i'm not white either (thank god).

This.

Every non-soyboy kid should do boxing and wrestling. I wish my father had me box. Never rly fought. Fighting and boxing make u more confident but also your limitations. Do better eith women and life

Lifting is rly about fighting as are sports. Everything is about gighting and status

>try to punch someone who actually knows their shit
>he ducks his forehead into your punch
>you break your forearm

gloved boxing not even once

>do barenuckle boxing
>punch a dude
>he tackles you and beats your head against the floor

Boxing is a lame ass """sport""" that's based on promotion and managers picking opponents to make cash off the """fighter""". People who box as amateurs are usually overcompensating pussies. "haha boxing make me so confident!" guess what not being a pussy makes you confident too.

THIS

Sparring is so much different. The timing/distance/speed is completely another thing to just hitting a bag. Glad I sparred to show instantly what I need to improve.

I started Mt classes very recently. Probably it's too early to have any big goals but I want to get proficient and try amateur fight or contest to prove myself(I'm 22). I realized I'm not particularly gifted at lifting but still want to improve and get strong, though in the future it may be hard to keep doing these two activities at current frequency. They're not related to my main goal in life but I want to maintain a good body. Idk if I'll keep my interest, any advice or insight on goals? Maybe I am a fool to think I'd be able to compete in some way but I don't think it's bad to aim high, I enjoy training for what it is and having something to look forward is fun.

Aim to compete. Competition is the best teacher, and the most useful part of training if you want "real life fighting skills". Competing will take your training to a whole new level too. Might even help lifting or running or whtever else you do on the side. Sparring does not replace competing, it's a pale imitation. You should be ready to compete in half a year to a year depending on things.

Absolutely false. Maybe champions whom no longer hard spar, but I guarantee you all top of the food chain fighters have at least some sort of soft sparing going on.

Thank you for reply user, It's helpful to me

And to gain this ability you have to get punched in the head first countless of times.

If the point of it is not getting hit why are you even boxing in the first place instead of out attacking unsuspecting victims?

Better yet, why aren't you in politics or mercenary work? Get to the top and your punch range extends around the entire planet without ever being near danger to get hit.

Fuckin' casual, why aren't you dueling with swords and pistols so "the point of it is not getting hit" actually matters?

If the point is to not get hit, why not box with landmines taped to your fists so there's a REASON to not get hit? Fucking idiot

because lifting is easy as fuck and i don't get brain damage doing it unless i go too heavy on skull crushers

I want my brain to make it too. Boxing is the fast-track to brainlet-town.

Attached: dainbramage.jpg (480x360, 24K)

but according to Veeky Forums, the taller guy with more weight should have won the fight regardless

>ref is white
>everyone in the crowd is white
Sounds legit

Height is an advantage in fights because of leverage. Also taller guys tend to weigh more. Theres not many 5’6 guys at heavyweight. Female preference for height is well supported by yhe realities of combat

do you lift and box or what? how do you get a decent body just by boxing? started boxing awhile ago as a skelly and now I'm still skelly but in great condition

it was some kind of muay thai/kickboxing thing in europe. seriously no lie, no /pol/, i follow mma/boxing