That guy who never lifted with his dad

>that guy who never lifted with his dad

Attached: son pls.jpg (299x450, 21K)

my dad taught me the basics in high school. I remember lifting in our garage listening to guns n roses and shit like that.

I'm 25 now and he tells me how proud he is of me, how I'm so much more advanced at my age than he was.

feels good man

Same here brah. Not the bigger than pops part though.

Attached: 1520837231107.jpg (640x480, 21K)

My dad was Army SF and would make me do pullups/pushups/situps/running. Hated it at the time, but it did have a lot of benefits looking back on it

my dad was a full time obstetrician/gyno who was on call pretty much 24/7, he only bought junk food because he was too tired and didnt know how to cook, you cunts are lucky

>daddy issues

>that guy whose dad didn't die while he was young

Attached: 1521420294577.jpg (785x757, 163K)

My dad is lazy weak and overweight. He has crab mentality and anger issues. Him lifting with me is something i dont miss

I hate that he stopped. I picked it up again when i was 19. He never returned but i still ask hin to join me from time to time

If my parents know how much I squat at the gym they'll be complaining non stop that I will die one day.

>That guy who looks like a black Ned Flanders with an orange shirt on who is creeping around the corner to tell you about 40 oz spritzers

>Dad is 60+
>Takes testosterone supplements
>We lift together
>He's making more progress doing my program than I am
He's been kind to ask if I want to try the supplements out, but I don't know, I don't want to lose my hair and whatever else comes with taking testosterone supplements. My father has plenty of kids and almost no hair left and for him it was a no-brainer.

Anyway yeah, it's a real father son experience to lift together.

Attached: 1475126891186.jpg (800x868, 153K)

>Group of guys 20 miles away get deported after leaving gym.
Dad is now paranoid

Attached: 19C8B291-6F20-40C4-8A2D-DA6135B55137.jpg (680x818, 71K)

Tracing your IP and reporting to the authorities

my dad only loves soccer and he is angry that I don't and that I'll never be the brazilian chad soccer player
he doesn't care about lifting or that I lift

>father is 64 and 200lbs+
>He lives a sedentary lifestyle due to his job
>start lifting with dad 8 months ago
>now working out 6 days a week
>has more energy and enjoys the time with his son
feels good man to have a lifting partner who genuinely cares about you.
Unfortunately my dad is an idiot and doesn't pay attention when I'm doing my lifts.

Attached: babbys_first_book.jpg (380x380, 48K)

>Are ya winnin', son?
>tfw not winnin'
>at all

I wish but my dad has never lifted.

He used to be really fit in terms of his cardio and he would play a lot of five a side soccer so his stamina was really great.

Now he is in his early 50s and does no exercise at all and sits on his arse most days because he works from home mostly. He still has skinny arms, ankles and pretty much everywhere looks normal except his gut which is getting bigger and bigger every year. It's pretty sad desu.

Attached: Vegetathinking.gif (500x375, 756K)

My dad is dead and my step-dad isn't a father. He is just making bank, fucking my mom, occasionally giving bad advice and hating the rest of my family.

>dad goes to the gym twice a week, always leave work late to meet him when he goes
>still trying to convince him to stop using suicide grip

I don't want to be the one spotting him when he drops it and dies. I think I would kill myself.
Maybe I should show him some of the webms that I have seen on Veeky Forums?

I suspect a lot of people on Veeky Forums didn't have dads. I may be projecting though.

Attached: 1495658007056.jpg (640x714, 126K)

>tfw started roiding the same age my dad did

My father drinked so hard it drove him to grave in his 50s

Not to mention all that ordeal made me the sperg i am today.
not sure if i will ever forgive him.

Hopefully he sees me trying and being fucking pathetic, but one day ill make it

Damn I know that feel. Hoping to encourage my family to take their fitness more seriously by being a good example once I get out of DYEL-mode. Definitely having my kids at least learn some excercise fundamentals. My parents just signed me up for sports without doing any with me when I was younger or guiding me to workout at home so I never really liked sports or was good at them as a kid.

Saw a dude having his 10ish year old son do pushups while he lifted at the gym today and I thought that was pretty cool.

In my present age, I can easily beat up my dad when he was at my age.

Also he was a fuccboi so there’s no salvation unless I lock him in an institution and re-educate him on patriarchal responsibility

>Dad is 60
>Skinnyfat
>I'm dyel but still twice as strong as him
>He benches 30kg
>He goes to the gym maybe once a month and does meme exercises
>Does nothing but watch clickbait youtube videos in his free time

I wish I could lift with my dad

Do you mean steroids?

My old man's a bitch, I had to teach myself how to be a man. I respect him as a person because he's self made and despite everything still my dad but he's a horrible father and a terrible example of how a man should behave.

my dad is an abusive manlet-cunt

Good luck faggot. Im behind 7 firewalls.

>dad never liked lifting, even when he was younger
>would always go hiking or biking together
>coached me in hockey since day one
I can forgive him for not lifting with me

My dad was a thoroughly ripped roofer in his 20s, met my mom, let her abuse him (he had been sexually abused by his mom and her friends as a preteen), and developed severe schizophrenia. Ever since he's been on meds, he's been skelly mode and type 2 diabetic. I've still never seen him miss a jump shot, which is impressive for a white (as in white trash) dude.

My dad has only basic level knowledge on how lift weights the reason for that is a bit different than what you would except

he joined the Navy when he was 15(In my country you could Join at that age not anymore though)

his physical training was P.T daily push ups,sit ups,pull ups,running,marches swimming

when he was in 20's he joined special forces and Joined the SSGN(My country equivalent to the Navy Seals)and for 8 months engaged in brutal psychical training that broke most men

after training he came back and 2 months later my mother was pregnant with me

He started mandatorily making me do doing push upssit ups and squats when i was around 12 to toughen me up

He doesn't have much interest in lifting he occasionally uses my dumbbells do bicep curls press but nothing more

but he can do over 100 push ups with relative easy