Will an untrained person gain muscle from swimming?

Will an untrained person gain muscle from swimming?

Attached: c7c23c4db9032c61.jpg (1052x631, 183K)

Cardio is a great way to gain muscle

Untrained people can gain muscle from walking

Yes, but it’s also one of the, if not the, most demanding activity calorie-wise. You’ll have to eat like a motherfucker if you want those swimmer body gains.

An excuse to shave your body without seeming gay

Apparently im retarded and cant read

It will train the muscles you would use to swim. It's a whole body experience.

Unironically yes but only if your diet is 100% on point for muscle growth and your hormones aren't fucked up like so many fools out there.

I never gained muscle when I was a swimmer. I definitely wasn't eating enough or getting enough protons though cause I knew nothing about nutrition. I was pretty strong for a hungry skelly though

Yes, but you need to do it in a club, with competition, 3x per week minimum.
You will have a great back and shoulders i can guarantee that.
Imo, it's one of the best sport for the upper body in terms of health and muscle.

However, at some lvl, you will need some workout to boost yourself if you want to compete.

Would someone who can do 1/2/3/4 around 15% bf or below with long limbs probably be decent at getting into swimming? I've never really tried swimming beyond chilling in pools or lakes, but I would like to look into it once I get further along in my lifting. I figure it might be fun if I can actually generate some decent power.

I'm really looking forward to how my sprints will be after I'm done with SS, because I've always been bad at them but my long distance running is pretty solid. I can run about as far as I want in a decent time, but I don't have nearly enough explosiveness to be good at sprints.

>Would someone who can do 1/2/3/4 around 15% bf or below with long limbs probably be decent at getting into swimming? I've never really tried swimming beyond chilling in pools or lakes, but I would like to look into it once I get further along in my lifting. I figure it might be fun if I can actually generate some decent power.
No, because power doesn't matter when you don't have technique and conditioning. It will take months of practice in a club to build decent technique.

Yes doing any form of resistance exercise will result in your muscles adapting and becoming stronger and larger.

As an ex swimmer, non swimmers have this idea that swimming will get them jacked. Look at a low level meet, it's all skinnyfats

Any form of resistance will make unconditioned muscles adapt and get stronger and larger; so yes.

Is swimming at 280 lbs better than treadmill? I'm 6'3 and have some muscular makeup

yes, its better than running , more upper body, well you can make it upper or lower if you wan. getting dive weight belts, or just strapping a pl8 to yourself will make it a much more rigorous exercise.
>power doesn't matter when pulling yourself through water

Large amounts of walking (at least 10km) a day and proper diet is usually best for people with significantly high bodyfat.

>strapping a pl8 to yourself will make it a much more rigorous exercise
Please do not do this at the gym's swimming pool, OP

Swimming is GOAT for fatties. No stress on the joints and bones plus it burns way more calories than running/walking.

Do it at home, where no one can hear your last gurgle

Swim technique is going to be far more important than your rippememe strength

This. When I started to swim, girls younger than me beat me easily, while at workout I was better. It took me 2 years to beat them because being able to swim properly, to slide takes a lot of time.

no, you would probably suck at first because you're too heavy. swimming is all about strength to bodyweight ratio. benching 2 plate does not help you for shit, in fact, it actively harms you because those muscle groups (chest, primarily) are essentially useless in swimming and only serve as extra weight to hurt your body position in water.

t. someone who used to swim, lifted seriously and heavy for 3-4 years, and is trying to swim again

>no stress on the joints
My shoulders beg to differ