Joining the CAF. What do I expect?

Joining the CAF. What do I expect?
27yo. 9 minute mile. 1RM in lbs for OHP/DL/SQ are 150/415/285
BW is 177lbs.
Help me out Veeky Forums

Attached: 1518193404818.jpg (640x705, 43K)

Confederation of African football?

Canadian Armed Forces

Why are you joining the army at 27?

riko best girl

Attached: 28056557_1221051778025756_296724876509840688_n.png (400x655, 421K)

Did mostly concrete work when I finished high school, but that is not something you want to do for a long time. I enrolled in uni at ~24 and am in my third year, but I don't really feel like this is something I enjoy; even mildly.
So I assumed the CAF would be a decent fall back. My age is of no real concern.

where i live they dont let you join the army if you are over 25 years old

anyways, work a lot on swimming instead lifting, you need crazy swiming capacity in the army

Get that mile time down. At least sub 8. Do more pushups and chin ups.

Which country do you live in? I don't think the Canadian Army really cares desu. I've known several people who joined at ages above mine, I no longer talk to them, however.
Would rowing help me with swimming, or do I actually need to get into a pool?
Sounds good. Thanks.

Attached: 1519355867466.png (608x600, 159K)

your lifts mean shit, and you are going to fail your run or just barely pass it.
navy runs 3mi for officers, and that gets cleared in 20mins by an average healthy guy.
a mile is short with no endurance component. try running longer distances.
for you in the army of all things, try to do 9 minutes for a mile and a half.
also work on pushups, situps, and pullups

What trade are you going into?

Reasonable response, friend. I definitely need to work on my endurance, I knew this.
Would it be beneficial to add weigh to my body?
>Not 100x longing from ~$7400
Tbh I really like NEO rn, as well as ADA, but only if it can holds its 2k sats area.

>>Not 100x longing from ~$7400
>Tbh I really like NEO rn, as well as ADA, but only if it can holds its 2k sats area.

What.

you're probably stronger than most guys in the military already

if its anything like americas military do a shitton of body exercises and focus on sprints and long jogs

pullups situps crunches and pushups should be your main focus, since these are going to be your life

Thought you meant shitcoins, sorry.
I am not sure which trade, yet. I am in my third year of Kinesiology, though. So I'm hoping that can help.
Will strength even matter?
>pullups situps crunches and pushups
I do all of these, already. Anything else you can think of?

your lifts and fitness seem fine and i imagine basic will be easy for you
>t.reservist

no, never add weight to your runs, it will damage your joints.
If they add weight to your ruck in training (idk about that im navy) its a different story, but never add weight for training.
just go on runs, time yourself, learn how to pace for the time you want to achieve.
for pushups and situps, just do them every day. Going by your lifts im sure youre fine for pullups. even for US marines that part of the test is a joke. I'd make it 15 to pass if I were in charge.

make sure to read the fitness standards for your branch, what you are tested on, and how training is structured. Its best to go into anything with some level of knowledge.

in a month or two of training yourself you should be able to score top level, shit isnt hard, its just cardio. You might end up losing muscle though. Friend of mine was 5'10" 195, heavy lifter and low bf. Gave in and dropped to 180 to do better on prt.

Solid advice.
Is doing HIIT cardio of importance, or should I focus on overall endruance?
>Its best to go into anything with some level of knowledge.
Definitely agree on that point. Assumed Veeky Forums would be a nice addition to my research.
Thanks.

both. see how low you can get your tested run, learn to pace for that target.
Personally, I just go to the track on weekends and sprint a lap all out, run 5, sprint another on the halfway point and run the rest.
The base also has a nice hilly perimiter run guys love to run.

the reason high intensity will help you, is that pushups isnt even a matter of strength, you will likely gas out first if you are used to lifting heavy.
Just go at it and goood luck. Military is hard work at times but loads of fun.

Your lifts will go down so bad by the time youre through with basic.

Thanks for all the helpful info.
Any way I can repay you?
You into crypto?

dont need any payment. Just do your best, dont be a shitbag, and serve your country.

why do you want to join the army ?

I dont like cartoon girs but this one is cute as fuck, im ill ?

Work on your cardio. Aim for at least a 12 minute mile and a half. A decent 5k will make things easier for you in the long run, no pun intended. Start doing body weight exercises. 40 in a minute should be your target for push ups and sit ups.

That’s all just if you want an easier time during basic. Otherwise, just go as you are and do what they say. You’ll be fine.

If you want to be one of the impressive guys: shoot for 10 minutes for a mile and a half and 50 in a minute each for push ups and sit ups. 10 pull-ups would be nice for bragging rights, but that’s it.

That’s if you’re not in the marines or special forces. If you are shooting for the moon: then they’ll let you know exactly how much you can go fuck yourself when you get there.