Social gains

How do I learn how to make small talk? I'm a friendless boring fag who doesn't do anything other than go to the gym and work. The most I can do is keep them talking about something they like without contributing much.

Attached: 1521412589678.jpg (1024x683, 128K)

well reading this fraud is a sure fire way to make yourself even more unable to speak to normal people

>wants social gains
>worships Jordan Peterson
lmao

People who follow this retard are the equivalent of people who worshipped Dawkins and Sam Harris 10 years ago. They're without exception young beta shut-ins who just assume they're smart because they're introverted and shy.

So how about you start by ditching this faggot and not immediately killing your chance of socializing with any normal person aged 17 - 35?

become a well-read person who knows things to talk about. stay up to date on the news. it seems daunting at first but keep at it.

I don't think he even teaches you how to speak to people. I think almost all of what he goes on about is basically how to be a better person. The problem is people who read the advice and think they're making improvements when they're not.

If they went out and made adjustments to their life it'd work, but reading (or lets be honest, watching videos) of him and others like him and then going on about SJWs or whatever shite it is now is not a good way to use your time.

Depends how old you are and what you do. I do much better talking about football than trying to find someone who has read Crime and Punishment.

>posting an image of jordan peterson is equivalent to worshipping him
you seem absolutely furious about nothing

This is pretty much the best advice you'll get.

Conversations are basically an exchange of knowledge, experiences, and thoughts/observations about them. If you and a guy at work follow the same sport, you'll never run out of things to talk about because you'll share all that common ground, for example. The trick is to increase your chances of finding a subject like that by being well-informed.

Another suggestion is to be genuinely curious about people and get them to talk about themselves (in a way that isn't intrusive or awkward of course). If you always talk to people from different backgrounds, with different hobbies, different lifestyles and concerns, and you learn a little bit about them every time, the next time you encounter someone with those attributes you'll have a frame of reference. It becomes easier for people to relate to you and for you to carry a conversation.

This. Also probably worth reading 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' for general advice - particularly if you're on the autistic spectrum.

But most importantly, PRACTICE

>Depends how old you are and what you do. I do much better talking about football than trying to find someone who has read Crime and Punishment.
But if you read articles about football, listen to football podcasts from time to time and follow football news, you'll have a lot more to talk about than "yeah, cool game huh"

I don't need to watch or listen to podcasts though to give someone my opinion on why x lost that game though, who played shit and how shit they've been since the start of the season. The majority of people don't watch or listen to podcasts and honestly it won't make a tiny bit of difference when you actually speak to someone.

Once you've actually started speaking to someone though the conversation will just move on to other things. I know you'll know this but for the sake of the people who actually need the advice. You only need to pick something popular and easy to talk about for a little bit. Remember you don't need to drive the conversation the whole time and if the conversation goes somewhere you don't know anything about get them to tell you about it.

Phenibut

Too hard to follow simple advice like "get out more and talk to people"? LOL LOL LOL

Agree. If you don't know something, don't pretend like you do to seem cool or with it. Ask the other person to tell you about it. One, you learn something, and two they like you for it.

if you read and like Peterson you're basically part of an alternate universe and nobody else will want to relate to you because of the bullshit you believe/think.

Have you actually read his book?

yeah

makes me think

Attached: 5C048404-5E24-46B5-8B18-4AFC6B9658EF.jpg (750x1143, 173K)

Nah, he's not smart because he won't call out the joos & isn't interested in making an ethnostate for wypipo.

lol did you run what I wrote through a classifier you fucking dork? fine go read Peterson's self help horseshit if you think it will make you a lobster or whatever the fuck.

Attached: 67CC3680-FB3C-44CB-A626-C94AE6723CB7.jpg (750x1101, 175K)

The more exposure you have, the more comfortable you'll become in social situations. Be patient, but you have to keep at it. Practice every day.

Which part did you most disagree with? I honestly can't pick out things that are too extreme so that most people would avoid you.

It's better for everyone to not bother interacting with these people and I wish /pol/ was never made.

If you know that it's bad that you don't have any hobbies besides working out, then why don't you try out some new hobbies?
Really, think of what would be a good or cool or productive hobby to have, and work on that. Anything would be a step up from nothing.
Also don't forget the advice of your pic related
>When you first try something you'll be very bad at it, you have to allow yourself to do it badly for a while before you can get any good at it
>Do something you could be proud of, something you could talk to people about enjoying with a straight face (as opposed to a "hobby" you'd be ashamed to discuss with people)

Even if you have a brain tumor and literally cannot do anything besides work out at the gym and work at your job, here are some ideas to optimize those:
>martial arts
>fashion/grooming (to look as good as possible and be as comfortable as possible at work and the gym)
>cooking and nutrition
>something related to your job: for example cars if you know anything about mechanical engineering

Attached: 138262525485924562.jpg (500x327, 17K)

I had a problem like this for the longest time.

I fixed it by just saying things that I find interesting/funny. Rather than what I think the other person will find interesting... At the end of the day the other person is also only talking to you to avoid the awkwardness.

They will either be happy enough that you're saying THINGS to them instead of making them feel awkward, or they'll genuinely find what you say interesting//funny. In which case a friendship may naturally develop (which isn't your goal anyway)

Either way, there is no problem... The other person wouldn't be attempting to small talk with you if they were going to judge for what you've got to say. They just want to get through the day without fucking up too.

you seem cool and normal, and definitely someone worth making small talk with.

without /pol/ you wouldn't have trump as a president m8

>implying I would ever want to make small talk, or if anyone such as yourself has so much as the privelege of making small talk with me
Eat shit, roastie.

Attached: B5C0CAEA-D9B9-49DC-8A46-AB83DBE70F9C.jpg (1080x1921, 170K)

you seem triggered as fuck m8

Not my president. Not in the sense that I'm American and I chose to not recognise him him in the sense that I'm not American. He's probably better than Hillary and will end up doing less damage but I'm sure you had a better candidate from the republicans than him.

right I'm definitely the one who's angry. not the guy running Peterson criticism through a gender analyzer

considering I don't have an opinion on pissing into my own mouth there isn't much we could talk about

>being mad as fuck and talking shit to everyone that replies to you
>criticism
Grab a dictionary and head on over to reddit dot com please

you seem mad

That's not how democratic republic works m8.

literally hilarious senpai

Attached: 1512682694049.jpg (788x804, 164K)

literally just act like you're interested in what the other person is saying and keep asking them questions
once you start noticing a pattern in their reactions to what you ask or say, you say more of what they react positively to and stop saying what they reacted negatively to

that's literally all there's to it, user

Attached: 11493719651236.jpg (480x270, 19K)

>the bullshit you think for liking jordan peterson
You mean taking responsability and becoming a better person? Fuck you dude

I mean I could be wrong but don't a group vote for a candidate to run for that particular party and then they face off against whoever else from other parties. I just wonder if he was actually the best choice from the republicans.

Stop spending so much time on autistic shit. I bet you also watch Molyneux and identify as libertarian or anarchocapitalist.

Spend time learning about your country's music scene. This will get you way more mileage than reading gay books lol. You don't need to like the artists, you don't even need to know many songs, just enough to identify who is who and the more well-known songs. Normies communicate & connect heavily through music and musical events like gigs and festivals. Same goes for sports, but I fucking hate sports and manage to get by with zero sporting knowledge

His book helped me identify additional things I could do to get my shit together.

He's genuinely trying to help people. I love that he's achieved the recent success that he has. He deserves it. If you dislike him because he's labelled as ALT-RIGHT then you're ignorant and are most likely regurgitating others' accusations.

I'm friend with a retired professor and he loves Jordan Peterson; him and his wife both read the new book and love it. My dad and brother love Jordan Peterson as well. They're all well adjusted people. So my anecdotal evidence proves your theory wrong.

How about you share some actual criticism instead of yelling DONT READ HIM REEEEE

You have the right idea, I have no idea what the other guy’s on about.

>How to Win Friends and Influence People
definitely read this book bros if you're actually friendless autistits trying to better themselves

Attached: Starting_social_skills_0.png (880x1604, 547K)

>tfw phenibut just makes me calm and content so I feel no need to be more social than I usually am
It works if I really want to put effort into talking to someone, but it doesn't motivate me to do it like I hoped

You just talk. The more you talk, the more you learn how to talk.

How can you not understand how to make social gains but you can make muscle gains? Explain to me what I'm missing here.

Attached: 1521318316088.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

>Without /pol/, the rust belt would not exist

Attached: fwu8j301m2d01.png (467x443, 34K)