Powerlifting General - /PLG/

Quit powerlifting. You're bad at it, and you're not having sex.

Attached: eat-a-ton-of-protein-squat-heavy-push-heavy-objects-4951408.png (500x566, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BghNaZ_F_h2/?taken-by=sammeadepl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LOL

>le abrasive personality maymay man meme

Most of the shitposters are angry virgins like Panzer. Sometimes pissing them off keeps them away for a little bit.

I can front squat 115KG with low bar form.

instagram.com/p/BghNaZ_F_h2/?taken-by=sammeadepl

Here is the squat, very shaky because I was throwing up all saturday so my walkout sucked

Sam, you are a man among incel boys. Good work.

T H I C C

Wrist mobility, how did you guys get past the initial stage of struggling to rest the weight on your fingers for front squats?

If I push past 40kg my wrists feel ready to rip

>rest the weight on your fingers

I remembered i dont require it and used a backwards ssb

It took a session or two to get used to it. Stretching my triceps helped. Haven't had a problem with it since.

Yeah but how many pullups can you do?

Jks, nice to see someone lifting, stay strong

Arent you missing out on core strength gains and juicy shoulders?

What stretches?

lol I get about as much sex as everyone else here, I just decided to get fat too

bloatmaxx crew, although I am now hovering around the end of the weight class so I will have to tone it down a little

You won't believe me at all but I can actually do about 20 chin ups if my bicep tendonitis doesnt flare up. Can't do pullups though they make my elbows feel like theyre gonna snap

My shoulders overpower my physique already and core has never been a limiting factor for me

But front squats with an ssb the wrong way round feel better imo

how has no-one yet noticed "rules to life life by"

is this the average jim poster's intellect

Nuckols 2x intermediate for bench good? But replace the 3x30 2nd day with more 3-4x8 shit

Attached: FCE976FC-0871-4E6C-863F-47458382387C.jpg (480x480, 45K)

I noticed a lot of the strong people here have regular sex.

Do strong people have more sex because they are strong, or is it more about the personality. I feel like a guy that was confident enough to get laid is also the kind of guy that works hard in the weight room because he is competitive.

Which would explain why the incels are so weak here...

Just being strong doesnt get you sex...

Youve got to be someone a girl wants to have sex with, though the ability to manhandle them in bed is always good

>Nuckols

right in the fucking garbage

>I noticed a lot of the strong people here have regular sex.

where did you get this from lol. Noone on this board has sex that's why we're here

Y

>gf for 10 years
>regular sex that has only got better

Speak for yourself

Guys im 183 cm / 6"00 and have been a gamer my whole life (sitting down gaming/in school --->tight hamstrings). I have horrible flexibility and long femurs and a pretty short torso. Is there anyone here that had terrible mobility but worked on it and were able to squat anyway?
How did you do it, any videos/stretches/guides?

Yeh I was in a 7 year relationship too that was great then we broke up.

I think that is mostly why my squat has improved cos I just stopped caring and decided to be strong instead

How big around are your tree trunks?

You can always squat

Open up your thoracic and keep your hips loose

Attached: 943374C5-CB46-4818-9572-9616BE205D2A.jpg (750x726, 279K)

35.5 inches ish

anyone willing to online coach a newfag who keeps fucking up his powerlifting careerr. I'm poor too, so the price needs to be reasonable. Pls, pls

Message me

how?????? I don't have Facebook. Do u have insta???

how do you figure out your ideal weight to compete at

5'5, 165, 15-17% bf (estimate)

330x1/255x1/405x1

>life life
fuck that dumb unironic fb tier shit made me laugh

Competing this Saturday, will be the 4th comp in a row out of 4 I've been injured :^) #justgdethings

same faggot here, how am I supposed to message u, sorry for being annoying

apparently height is the sole factor but i find that hard to believe although get it.

I'm 5'9 148lbs with 385/310/405 and i couldn't imagine having to gain over 70 lbs to be in my "appropriate" weightclass. I couldn't imagine walking around at 220. one day i hope to get to about 180-190 at max.

If you keep getting injured going into meets your programming is probably to blame.

Attached: 1521448499475.webm (400x400, 2.87M)

Check last thread

It's not so much just going into meets, it just randomly flares up and always at meet time when I get to peaking. I've had dodgy hips for a while, I see physio about it, it gets fixed, I wake up after a few weeks of it being fine and it's back

>'m 5'9 148lbs
Your bench is respectable, but you're deluded if you think gaining weight should be a difficult thing to do. You weigh 12 pounds less than the average American woman.

Take an off season for you cripple yourself

After this Saturday I'm planning to just take 6 months or so as an offseason, to gain some size and let myself fix

i did, and i see where he said to message him to insta as well, but can't find where his Insta handle name is. I feel retarded

d idnt mean to put in the other tag, my bad

Height isn't the only factor, but it is a big one. Frame size also matters. Greg nuckols has a calculator that uses your height, wrist, ankle, etc. measurements.

You are retarded, you know you can search by name not just the username right?

Everyone should compete in the superheavies or at the very least 308s/140s

I weighed 238 at my 1at meet but I want to be around 220 by the time of my 2nd meet in the next few months. Realistically, how much weight should I cut for say about 2-3 months?

heh, how am I supposed to know his actual name, I put in garage bro, and have been scrolling through for the past 10 minutes.

few questions how old are you how tall are you how much sex do you have ? thanks in advance

24/5'11/0

gonna kms soon

Thats because my insta isnt garagebro...

How new are you that you dont know my actual name?

>0

Attached: 1513107772758.jpg (440x392, 34K)

very, I think i found it, idk if I sent the message to the right person, I had to search in fat mess's Insta to see if he followed someone that looks like garagbro on YouTube.

>just have sex bro lol

This is LITERALLY how normies think reee.

so you are telling me to squat 376kg I must rarely have sex and become depressed? what if I already do these things? what else would I need?

Lmao manlet

Those things aren't requirements lol try harder

lmao I thought I was 6 but I went to get my sleep monitor thing today and apparently not.

Also I walked in after being weighed at 5'11 143kg and they acted shocked that my blood pressure was high.

how the fuck do you "misdiagnose" having long femurs? just tape measure your upper leg

Its amazing how your squat changes when you align your pelvis

Attached: fatfuckk.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

you have to be literally retarded to confuse APT induced forward lean with long femurs

literally just A. measure your upper leg B. look at yourself in a mirror

you'll know if your femurs are long or not

i dont use the average fat american woman as my index, especial seeing as im not from merica lol. its a bigger statement about how out of shape most american women are.

My goal is to reach about 83kg bodyweight with a low bodyfat level. don't wish to become huge and freaky like jason genova. im still gaining strength quite fast even without gaining weight so im enjoying the ride. wonder what my lifts wil be like if i did gain 70lbs.

Ok bro

Either way, long femurs is a weak excuse as to why you cant squat (not you specifically)

Based on your attitude youd gain more on your body than your total

o-ok senpai

Attached: 1520464012956.jpg (448x381, 31K)

To fucking eat more you god damn twink shit. Also roids

almost anyone can squat, but there are anthropometries extreme enough that it's just not possible to squat to legal depth

it's extremely rare and almost certainly not that guy's issue, but it does happen, it just requires long femur with relatively short tibias

does anyone know where I could find a spreadsheet of Destroy the Opposition, the deadlift variation.

First you need to become a manlet, that's the most important step.

Fucking manlet leverages yo.

The fuk u talking bout lol. O maintained 148 for 1.5 years just to gain total for competition. I know how to gain strength. Just not interested in being super heavyweight

How long have you been lifting for ?

Yeah youre ‘head and shoulders’ above anyone in your weightclass

soon

>I want to lift to look small and impress people with my bodyweight coefficients
Lmao is this the biggest sign of low t.

Attached: comfyPLG.jpg (693x393, 73K)

Certified strength coach with a MS in physiology. Send me a pm

>eat a ton of protein

retard

dubs and I end my life

Attached: 1500862825515.png (500x517, 51K)

you fuckers said I could get to 4pl8 squat with SS I've been doing it for 2 months and after hitting 285 3x5 my lower back hurts like none other, I can barely bend over and my right shoulder is messed up, it clicks when i move it and it hurts too much to lift, I've taken a week off and still feel in a world of pain, in defense I did gain 20lbs and added a shit ton of weight to total, but my joints feel ruined

>why can’t I lift more than 99% of the world population in 2 months? this routine sucks xD

the post above me is created by a jibbering dunce

My complaint is that the constant linear progression has not given my body time to adapt to the strain and has given me injuries, I think I should do this strength gaining thing slower, I wasn't expecting to hit 4pl8 in 2 months but was expecting to do it in a linear fashion, prob gonna switch to 5/3/1 when I don't feel so in pain, hopefully I heal

Rip off other people's programming.
Sell ebooks.
Have all of Reddit sucking your nuts.
Make shekels.

wendler's shit is a ripoff, and ball-less, don't do it, do bfs bigger faster stronger instead

bfs bigger faster stronger is a program that's been around since 1976 and wendler lifted using it when playing football, it's used by thousands of high schools and hundreds of colleges nationwide
weeks go 3x3, 5x5 (3x5 if you are short on time), 5-4-3-2-1 (5-3-1 if short on time), and 10-8-6 (4-4-2 for the clean and deadlift), last set is always amrap
standard bfs doesn't use percentages it uses a logbook and you chase rep records or total weight used record, doing it this way enables real autoregulation from set to set via weight selection
they sell coaching tools that use aggressive percentages for the main lifts (78%, 82%, 86% for 3x5)
they use 3x/week mwf two main lifts a day, usually squat and bench, clean and deadlift, and then squat and bench variants on the third day like box squat or front squat and towel bench (essentially a board bench) or close grip bench on the third workout
then aux lifts usually 2-5 of them usually 2x10
tues and thurs are conditioning and sprints etc.

so you can see that wendler pinched it directly
took the short workout and changed the week order
put a very ball-less south of vag deload week where the higher rep week was
you only do one main lift a day i mean how low-intensity is that?
used some very easy ramping for the sets (65%, 75%, 85% for 3x5) so that the first two sets of the workout are worth far less
used a stupid 90% training max so that the "workout" is two easy warmups and a high-rep burnout set (59%, 68%, 77% for "3x5")
now it's "auxiliary lifts: the program" because when you only do one set of one main lift each day then you need lots of auxiliary volume or you need gimmicks like first set last and joker sets to compensate

Thanks for the warning man. I almost ran a meme program.

What are your lifting stats, and what program are you running?

you may say that program is ball-less and for pussies but I'm in pain as of now and can't even lift anything because of following the ballzy advice of posters on here, if it is ball-less I will still give it a go. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate your opinion

Sup, senpai. How's everyone doing? I've had a pretty solid week. Lifting is going pretty well. Work is going very well too and I have a few dates with qts lined up.

Here's a heavy single from today.

Attached: Squat 415x1.webm (720x1280, 2.79M)

go lower

I'm pretty sure the depth is there. It's just very close. I'm not wearing a singlet so it's hard to tell.

the line on your shorts slightly imply that you need to go a bit lower. like half an inch to a whole.

ever do fat man squats? or wide stanced?

I think you're forgetting that I have enormous quads, so my hip crease is below the top of my leg.

Attached: Dragon.jpg (832x690, 130K)

Attached: 1520899783780.png (600x600, 94K)

Also mine was better

Attached: VID_20180319_162441_2.webm (640x360, 2.64M)

>I think you're forgetting that I have enormous quads,
>

Attached: 1519139723575.png (448x357, 6K)

>doing ohp
>Notice guy in mirror look at my form
>Notice him do it a few more times
>Become really self conscious about my form

Make it stop

do it better then