/Cutting/ General

Who here cutting for summer?

>hour on the elliptical edition.

Attached: 1521376782522.png (511x511, 31K)

Am starting my cut today op. What do I do about the college dining hall lads

Looking to lose about 10-15lbs. Might hop on the water-fasting meme for a few days, I've always enjoyed experimenting with different diets and workout programs, might as well try this.

Mine begins the day after we celebrate Easter, the day our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ conquered death and sacrificed Himself as tribute for mankind’s sins. So, April 2nd I begin the hard and fast cut, for Him and His Father and the Holy Ghost.

I'm starting my cut after finals and maintaining until then. Slacked off on cardio during midterms and gained a bit.
pack a lunch
that's how I plan on starting my cut, gonna do a 5 day water fast. did a few 2-3 day fasts during the semester before but found it a bit hard to focus. the rate at which you lose fat is pretty motivating

Already started. Abdominals are already starting to show. Never had them out before. This is my year lads.

Man i edited this wojak into a 5 scoops mutant maybe 5 years ago..
Glad to see he's still around

lost 8-9kg since november
going slowly but surely
300-400 kcal deficit(most of the time)

You're telling me Easter falls on April Fool's Day ?

>problematic for some

Attached: allthatglitters.jpg (512x512, 57K)

Not me. I'm cutting because I'm fucking fat. I'm 5'7", down to 165 pounds from 175 pounds in mid-December. 500 cals/day deficit, tracking everything on MFP, PPL lifting routine, and cardio every day (lighter on lifting days, heavy on 3 other days, light walk on my "rest" day).

I'M GOING TO FUCKING MAKE IT!

What happens if you eat back the calories you burned via cardio? Are you stuck in a loop?

>debits and credits son

You break even if it was low-intensity. If it was high intensity you continue burning calories for hours afterwards.

Do UL/cardio/UL/cardio/rest -- have one of your cardio days be HIIT and the other one be long distance. Focus on anaerobic movements too like tire flips and battle ropes. PPL will just fuck your shit

Gonna start an Ostarine cycle to help my recomp, switching to an U/L routine and adding ab work and cardio to the mix. Additionally, I'm upping my protein to 2g per lb of BW and lowering carbs and fat to compensate. Hoping to get nice and lean for the next holiday.

you've done god's work

Jacked pepe

Today is my first day. Going keto. Thank the lord for the salad places on campus

Attached: 1520123854823.jpg (400x490, 80K)

How long should I run on the elliptical and at what pace? What should my heart rate be?

Have fun with Type 1 diabetes. You could have just carb cycled, bro.

Don't use the elliptical because it does most of the work for you. Flip tires, use battle ropes, do interval sprints on the treadmill, sprint up a hill.

you're gay and your parents don't love you

Attached: 632x539.jpeg.fe86fabfc5794e9097328adc806d5ce1.large.jpg (632x539, 185K)

I've started doing IF but it's hard on my knees so I do them 3 times a week. I injured my wrists and can't do upper body exercises, so I was going to replace them with the elliptical, which is also nice for being easy on your knees.

All cardio brehs, going to be max skelly. Is 30 min long enough on the elliptical?

Chicken and rice my bros.
Chicken and rice.

Bless you user.

>water-fasting meme
Ive heard conflicting info on how much muscle you lose during a fast? Anyone have real results from doing it?

I've been doing PPL for about 3 months now, and it's great. I am visibly building muscle mass (mainly arms, shoulders, and upper back). I tried the past week of adding 20 minutes of biking or rowing to the end of my lifting, and it was fine.Then on a day off, I did 80 minutes of cardio total. It SEEMS to be OK for me.

And yeah, I want to do the ropes. We have them at my gym. I'll try them next time.

Thanks, user.

Its so difficult not stuffing my face.

Doing a short cut just to drop a few bodyfat% and change things up a bit. Cardio is fucking lame.

Going to Hawaii in July so I'm trying to get cut by then.
No cardio though, I'll do one extra set for every lift and I know my macros so it should be fine.

Bump

thinking about giving up weight lifting and doing just cardio and body weight exercises instead.

give me 5 reasons not to

I'm doing 6 days PPL with 500 deficit and IF, but i have to cheat 1-2 times a week - fucking delicious pizza - so i wanted to add a few 20m hiit bike sessions.
Where can i fit them? Early morning fasted? After dinner?

im concerned about that too. Some people say it eats at the fat first at preserves muscle but ive also heard the exact opposite

Go ahead faggot

you'll look better if you do that

I’ve ran out of money for the month and have lost 6lbs since the first week of March, managed to keep protein intake high via shakes eggs etc.
Financially imposed cuts are the way to shred down

Any supplements you guys recommend for cutting?

doin fine. lookin leaner, feeling better but 3-4kg more to go. From 87kg to 83kg, 5'10.

Bump

Just don’t cheat faggot

Currently doing 20 hour intermittent fasting. I start my eating time with a big bowl of salad to make me feel full. I don’t drink any calories except a little half n half in my morning coffee.

Thermogenics

Started at 205
Down to 184
Plan on going to about 170 before I start a slow bulk

>intermittent fasting
>hard on your knees

Attached: 1520888394513.png (387x529, 349K)

>but i have to cheat 1-2 times a week - fucking delicious pizza

disgusting, never gonna make it

Attached: 1519857530387.jpg (600x583, 62K)

Fasting is a meme and not healthy
Just fucking eat smaller portions you idiots

Cardio before lifting is better than after, right?

I usually do an hour of brisk walking in the morning (skip breakfast) but my current schedule doesn't allow for that most days.

Any available in the UK?

I'm not bong but they should be easy to find in any gym shop

Lifting then abs and finish with cardio. You need that power for the heavy lifts

Gonna start running again tonight, been off it for about a month due to the shitty icy weather

May the Lord bless you and your cut my brother

Ephedrine

i have only eaten 2 meals so far in march. will eat my next one next week.
went from 22% to something like 14%

Well, I lost like 4kg since 14th, so I'm good so far.

you lose muscle faster, but you only cut for a fraction of the time, so in the net you will preserve more muscle then with a 500 calories cut.

I like you.

Good luck mayne.

just blast tren if you're going to fuck your natural production with meme chemicals anyway. might as well use something that'll actually work

Started my cut 2/2
Lost 21 lbs so far.
Ketogenic Intermittent Fasting.
ECA+Yohimbine HCL stacked.
That's it. That's all I changed.
Now that I've lost that excess, training wont be as difficult.
I had an injury so inb4 > dieting and not exercising. Fuck you.
I started 179.8lbs. Now I weigh in at 158.4... 5' 7"
Gonna use the next two weeks to establish my flexibility and core strenghth. After that, basically to the bad ol days :)

Oh great bringer of quads...

How get tren. How get clen?

How do lose water weight? Im cutting at the end of my current 12 week and desu i think that id look fine if thats all i lost.

No

>just now started my bulk
Kind of a skelly anyway so don't think it'll make much of a difference what I do by Summer

Once every two weeks, sure, understandable.
Twice in one week? 2 months later you'd have over 18 cheat meals. Get your act together my dude.

Bulking because I'm too DYEL to cut. Slowly losing my abs. Hold me boys, I can't take it...

>have to cheat twice a week

you shouldn't even be cheating twice a month you useless faggot

100% meme, use clen or just accept you can't eat like a fat faggot. eat under 2000 calories for a week with carbs under 100g / day, and see how fast fat melts off you.

Why do you guys cut for summer? Are you guys actually trying to be that much of a normie and go to a beach because its a social norm?

Attached: 1521351318417.png (621x835, 561K)

>starting a cut on dyngus day
Absolute madman, but I commend you

internet search my dude

best meme yet

>social norm
>implying sunlight, sand, water, and broads in bikinis are not enjoyable without societal approval
just end it already you pathetic faggot

Going

Attached: 5.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

I'm sure they have a salad bar. Make a salad with plenty of veg, eat that with a glass of water. Then go up and make a plate loaded with chicken or fish/lean meat and plain rice or pasta. Eat that with a glass of water. If your still hungry, have a cookie or similar. The best way to cut is not to restrict junk food: it's to fill yourself up so that you can't stomach more than a little bit of junk.

As a matter of fact, eat like this all the time

Do you meal prep when you cut?
>What do you cook?
>Do you refrigerate or freeze the cooked food?
>Do you cook for the entire week?
>Does it taste good on the past day?

i dont eat when i cut.

Just keep in mind that extended (more than a few days) water fasting is not for people interested in building or maintaining muscle mass.

Don't believe those fucks who claim you can remain anabolic on a fast- you won't.

After you run out of glycogen stores after 24-48 hrs, your body uses protein to synthesize glucose for your brain and tissues (gluconeogenesis). Guess where your body gets that protein from?

>Hint: pretty much all of the protein in your body is tied up in muscle tissue, enzymes, or transport proteins.

Not to mention that a majority of people incorrectly interpret how the body prioritizes energy production on a fast. Scientific studies often state things like "the body prioritizes maintaining lean body mass during starvation" and equate this to "my body will use all my fat for energy before catabolizing muscle". This is an incorrect assumption: extended fasting (starvation) is not anything you want happening to your body. Check out the experiment during one of the US wars involving conscientious objecters volunteering to starve- it's an easy to understand write-up, may change your mind regarding the pros and cons of fasting.

>Have fun with type 1 diabetes
T1DM is an autoimmune disorder you twat, you don't magically get it from doing Keri
And before you ask, T2DM also doesn't materialize from ketosis

Get a stationary bike/elliptical in your home.
JoJo+Cardio is amazing

pajeet detected

>some retard spouting Minnesota again
those people didnt fast at all
they did a low cal diet like what you propose people do.
that is the diet that will lower metabolism.

Actually bulking till april.
I lost 10 kilos because of intense workout for past 2 months. Need something to chisel.

And you think that by increasing the nutrient defecit...you'll get more positive results? Besides, the more important conclusion from that study wasn't the immediate effects of starvation, it was how long it took for the participants to return to a healthy metabolism (months to years).

Maybe you just can't think straight because you're depriving your body of essential nutrients. Extended caloric deficit (INCLUDING FASTING) is generally undesirable for all populations.

Not only that, I guarantee you if you took an overweight person without significant health problems (yes, this is possible) and had them lose weight by fasting, that they would be overall less healthy when considering their CMP (complete metabolic profile including cholesterol, BP, blood glucose, etc) even at a lower body weight or bf%.

Fasting is the kind of shit that stupid uneducated fucks jump on, do real long term damage to their bodies, and then rebound back to even higher than their original weight, complete with new metabolic defects.

>(INCLUDING FASTING)
various recent studies have shown that to be untrue.
eating low cal and fasting do completely different things to your body
>Not only that, I guarantee you if you took an overweight person without significant health problems (yes, this is possible) and had them lose weight by fasting, that they would be overall less healthy when considering their CMP (complete metabolic profile including cholesterol, BP, blood glucose, etc) even at a lower body weight or bf%
flat out not true, as has already been showed in many studies
> real long term damage to their bodies,
fasting heals diabtes 2, protects you from cancer and cleans up your whole body due to autophagy.

Post current body pics bitch boy and I'll tell you why you are wrong

good good.. missing an open Veeky Forums on a monitor and a messy room

Cutting now. Suit trousers are already looser.

Bulked too hard lately and am not going to stop till I'm ripped. High volume, low reps, cardio of increasing frequency, 1kg a week deficit. Going from 92 to 85 hopefully. Strength gains are addictive but aesthetic gains are necessary also.

FOUND THE FUCKING FATTY!!

no i just enjoy looking in the mirror and not seeing myself be fat

Elliptical
1.5 hours
1294 calories, 9.7 miles according to machine
Knees weak, legs are jelly

>Tfw eating 1500 calories of clean foods
>Tfw gonna make it

Attached: 55c1fd7-1.jpg (491x488, 34K)

>1500kcal
of clean foods
>burned 1294
So your body has 206 calories to work with for today. There's cutting fast and there's being retarded as fuck and losing a ton of muscle. Guess which camp you're in?

Cardio after lifting always. You want to be at your 100% for your lifts.

Do I have to do cardio to cut?

>he thinks girls care about muscle

pretty face + lean body master race

lmao kys faggot

if you spent 12 months bulking and gaining fucking 30lbs losing all your muscle will literally negate 12 months of progress. Pretty face and lean body is master race, but not when that lean body consists of 12lbs of muscle when your body has like -1000 to run off of daily. There's being in a deficit and then there's eating your own fucking body for energy.

except i never bulk. i'm on a perpetual cut where i binge eat/drink whatever i want all weekend then cut hard during the week, maintaining my lean body all year and getting pussy non-stop because i'm 6' 2", pretty face and have thick full hair

stay mad niggerfaggot.

wat

what a fag

>do real long term damage to their bodies
Bitch, before we had supermarkets people had to deal with lack of food in the winter.
WHY DO YOU THINK OUR BODIES BOTHER STORING FAT IN FIRST PLACE?

No. But it helps. It also gives "non-weight/fat-loss" benefits, like a stronger heart, better lung volume, etc. Everyone should do SOME cardio.