Unpopular (but true) opinions

I'll start

>nothing is wrong with using straps
>naturals don't need to "cut" or "bulk", eating maintenance-500 is enough
>adding volume >>>>> eating more (for plateaus)
>the more you train your arms, the faster they get bigger
>there is no reason to squat or deadlift if you lift to look good
>being lean >>> high bf% for aesthetics
>you need ab isolation

Attached: IMG_8682.jpg (1080x1350, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MidnaAsh?lang=en
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11207193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Unpopular opinion thread
>Lean looks better than fat
Delete your dumb OP.

You're fucking retarded. Nattys don't need cut or bulk? What? Just eat forever at a 500 deficit?

>everybody should do some form of squat or deadlift, if not for strength, for the health benefits
>people who lift heavier than you, with a big arch on bench, lowbar just hitting depth squats or toes to plates sumo are stronger than you, and no amount of cope will change that
>a lot of your problems for a lot of people can be solved by trying to add weight to the bar and eating more

>naturals don't need to cut, just cut

Attached: 1460745386719.png (415x416, 6K)

>>everybody should do some form of squat or deadlift, if not for strength, for the health benefits
Stop parroting back rippletits bullshit. The only real reason to squat or deadlift is if you are a competitive powerlifter. Most people end up fucking their shit up from squatting/deads because of bad form/ego lifting. So if "health benefits" is your concern all 3 ego lifts should be avoided.

Attached: 1508700201659.gif (189x189, 1.94M)

>be me
>scoliosis and chronic pain in my back
>start squatting and deadlifting
>no more chronic pain
>posture improves
And how about you stop parroting back Veeky Forums's bullshit.

>-500 cut forever

Attached: esqueleto.jpg (298x403, 30K)

>hey man these two most natural human movements are super dangerous and no matter what you shouldn't do them. Never listen to Rippetoe!!1!

You're absolutely fucking retarded. A stronger posterior chain, and a stronger lower body will do more to see you not get injured as you age than anything else you can do for yourself right now. You don't need to squat or deadlift 600lbs, but if you challenge yourself now you'll save yourself later you dumb fuck.

>you don't need to bulk or cut, brah, you just need to eat more or less than your TDEE to grow or lose weight
I know, every time I see some variation of this nonsense I groan. Some people are dumb beyond words.

>doing shit wrong is bad for you so you shouldnt do it right either

>most people end up fucking themselves because of bad form.
So as long as your form is good do it? Then he's not wrong lol

Thicc > Sticc

>natties cannot gain lots of muscle, even if they lift long enough. decades dont make any different
>you should NOT squat and dlift as a natty if you aim for aesthetics
>protein intake doesnt matter at all and protein shakes etc. supplements are total scam
>supplements are total scam, all of them
>bulk and cut for natties is absolutely hilarious concept

Attached: 1511523742085.jpg (571x713, 44K)

who is this little hardbody

>Starting Strength is the best beginner barbell program.
>Jim Wendler is a ball-less ripoff artist; so are most "names."
>The best programs are all pretty basic and have essentially been around forever.
>The squat and the clean are the two most important lifts for actual athletes.
>Curls are for faggots. So is PPL and so is PPLPPLx.
>If you lift for "aesthetics" then you're a faggot. Same if you do a bro-split.
>There are only three good splits: full-body, upper/lower, and powerlifting-style.
>If you lift to look good for girls, you don't need isolation; you also don't need to squat or deadlift.
>Facepulls are a meme lift; if you do your rows and pullups then your rotator cuffs will be just fine.
>Abs are a meme lift; barbell work is more than enough if you just lose the belly fat.

This is by far the most bait post in this thread but I'll bite it just to remind you that you're retarded and we all know your family hates you.

>fake titties are disgusting

>instathot who put her husband in her bio and pictures
maybe they aren't all terrible

>There are only three good splits: full-body, upper/lower, and powerlifting-style.
Only one of those is a kind of split.
It's pretty much the only post ITT that is 100% correct.

t. Retard

Sweetie, you better do some kind of ab isolation if you don't want weak abs.

>An adult male at very least should weigh 200 lbs and bench 225.
>Steeve Reeves represents the ultimate aesthetics model and any body building beyond such a physique leaves humanity and aesthetics behind.
>Modern bodybuilding is a disgrace.
>Gear use is only acceptable in powerlifting. Hall, Thor, Shaw, etc are deadlifting more than any humans in history. Phil Heath is a resident evil monster.
>Outside of powerlifting, gear use is a sign of mental weakness and likely projecting insecurity over childhood physical/sexual trauma.

>confusing powerlifting with strongman

Attached: 0d741bcd-3d4b-4383-bae4-2ef593ce3760.png (849x960, 268K)

>>naturals don't need to "cut" or "bulk", eating maintenance-500 is enough
>maintenance-500 is enough
That's called cutting, retard.

>Don't ask Veeky Forums for advice

after the first year naturals dont need to cut or bulk. its true. they should just recomp. maybe you consider eating a small surplus a bulk? i don't. 100-250 surplus a day. sometimes eating maintenance on rest days. occasionally a deficit because we are not perfect at tracking.

after that first year you aint gaining more than 1kg of muscle a month. in the third year, you wouldn't even get half that. so aiming to gain about 1lb a month over the long term is ideal for a natural. no need to cut either, can stay pretty learn.

Protein supps are an absolute scam, this is not even an opinion but a fact. Why would you waste calories/macro intake on some powder that tastes like shit when you can just eat more food? If you don't have an appetite then that's a bigger problem to address than your protein intake.

>Chest is an overrated muscle
>Overhead pressing of any kind (Strict, Push, Behind the Neck) is superior to Bench or any chest isolation for aesthetics
>Anybody below the national/international level in a strength sport is best off with 3-4 full body workouts or an Upper/Lower split 4 days a week
>PPL and brosplits are fucking retarded for nattys
>Starting Strength with dips and chins is the best beginner program
>Anybody who's not obese needs to eat more until they hit advanced numbers on exrx

for me protein shakes are just convenient. I've been using them more as a meal replacement than for the protein for the past 2 years now. really fills you up in the morning unlike carbs and its fast.

I get like 5kg of whey for about £30 a bag anyway which lasts 3 months. not expensive at all.

>The bicep is the most useless muscle of the body
>Big biceps fags look gay

>spot reduction is possible

Attached: bigcrunch.jpg (640x426, 48K)

>more lifting leads to worse sex
>running is good
>heavy squats and didlys will crush natty spines
>thin and athletic is best lifetime bodytype
>placebo effect is stronger than supplements

Attached: 1491343619418.jpg (166x194, 9K)

>Never work out because most people use bad form
Shit argument senpai.

Totally subjective. I mean, if you consider a skelemode 120lbs adult man he can 100% naturally gain like 40+ lbs of muscle. Maybe more. That's a lot to me.
>Lmao protein intake doesn't matter.

>heavy squats and deadlifts will crush a natural spine

Wait just a minute here...
>steroids make your muscles stronger
>the rate which your muscles get stronger out pace the rate that your connective tissue gets stronger
>your spine is made entirely of connective tissue
>if your spine is made out of connective tissue, and roids make your muscles stronger, but not your connective tissue, then heavy steroid-fueled squats and deadlifts will break your spine

Fucking brainlet

You look gay

Attached: eth.jpg (550x645, 96K)

>facepulls are a meme lift
They're pretty memey but they're not overrated. Do your facepulls for rear delt gains, boys
>abs are a meme lift
not a lift nor a meme

>you have to eat/eat less for your goals
>hypertrophy should be achieved with a heavy compound and then a high rep accessory
>if you want big traps do rack pulls
>people only hate legs because it is hard(though you will need bigger pants)
>if you really put the effort in you will be at the same level as casual lifters within a year
>big arms require lots of volume every week
>dont cheat your calf reps(no bouncing)

Attached: file.png (682x548, 377K)

Hungry skeleton detected.

Hungry hungry skeleton detected

Fuck off nigger. I got faster when I started squatting, and being able to deadlift a lot has helped me in a lot of situations.

you got triggered because the points are true (you know it too while have hard time admitting it)

Attached: 1516122999672.jpg (525x790, 58K)

Unpopular opinion:
"Cardio is a meme" is a meme.

Adding cardio to your routine is GOAT for aesthetics and it makes it so that you can eat more like a normal person without becoming a bloatlord.... but enjoy your chicken and broccoli, user.

sauce?

Attached: 1520514453193.jpg (280x275, 9K)

Every post in this thread is bait

>naturals don't need to "cut" or "bulk", eating maintenance-500 is enough

Wtf did he mean by this

>muh anecdotal support

>People are chained by society's standards, and lifting is not an exception.
I'm not talking about looks, but exercises 'everyone should(n't) do', and all the bullshit while the only important thing would be to consistently work out, and implement lifting to our lives.
>Double standards everywhere
It's okay to be all excited about somebody else's squat depth on a mongolian cartoon imageboard, but don't forget to be strict with yourself too.

Attached: fffaaa.jpg (896x1280, 93K)

With cosmetic surgery, sure.

OHP is shoulder focused though

no fap has completely failed thanks user

>you'll never make it

twitter.com/MidnaAsh?lang=en

>all women are whores

He said unpopular opinions.

/thread

> Hurr durr fuck Rippletits

you just had a Jimmy Neutron "brain-blast", I'm thoroughly entertained

You sound like a colossal faggot

I can smell the faggotry from here

Protein supps are for ease and convenience. For me, I don't always have the time for a meal that would properly fit my macros, so having a protein shake and then a smaller meal makes it easier to hit macros and fit it into my time schedule.

>more lifting leads to worse sex
???
>heavy squats and diddylift will crush natty spines
implying anabolic steroids work on your skeleton. at least you said running is good for you. it is probably the best single thing you can do for yourself, physically

>you will need bigger pants
the truth

C R Y O L I P O L Y S I S

Getting bigger than ottermode looks retarded if you're under 6"2 unless you partake in a sporting competition and have something to show for it.

Keilah Kang ??

> hurrdurr
> sample size = 1

You think this guy is the only person who's had this happen? Are you this fucking retarded?

You think that people have never done the opposite and fucked up their spines from deadlifting and squatting? How fucking stupid do you have to be to use anecdotal evidence to try to win an argument?

>everyone I know who looks good does a bro split
>You should only do full body SS or SL style for a year and the switch to a bro split for looks or an intermediate routine for powerlifting

>people often hurt themselves lifting weights too heavy for them with improper form

>that means anyone who improved themselves using them with proper must only be anecdotal evidence

Attached: brainlet_Squad.png (1066x600, 276K)

it's true, i have scoliosis too and my doctor prescribed me to start lifting.

it's wig splittin time

true
true
true
true
squats are okay true for deadlifts
true
true

>mixed grip is pretty dangerous, all it takes is one fuckup. Strap/trap bar DLs are a much better alternative for non PLers
>1/2/3/4 is a meme, going by weight standards is much better
>how big someone is doesn't determine the quality of their advice
>it's better to have a reasonable end goal rather than just wanting to be as big as possible (this goes for pretty much anything)
>PPL is a meme, a fullbody or push/pull 6 days a week is much more optimal
>keto is a meme for anything other than satiation/fringe medical disorders
>veganism is a meme for anything other than satiation/fringe medical disorders

Attached: 1111111.png (215x174, 104K)

>everyone should do HIIT
>fasting is the best possible way to cut, especially at higher bf%
>glycemic index is a meme, whole grain bread is only marginally better than white, same with brown and white rice
>OMAD of whatever natural food you want is the best diet plan for maintenance
>vegans need to fuck off

Attached: 1520986449064.jpg (809x626, 59K)

I'm no vegan, but vegans live longer and suffer fewer chronic diseases than those with an omnivorous diet.

However, people who eat meat meat and more meat are lumped into those that eat meat in moderation. Taking that into account, vegans live longer than those who eat meat and even vegetarians

Increased testosterone is also associated with decreased lifespan
vegans are simply testicle-less soyim, cursed to life an empty dreary half-life: eunuchs

>comparing vegans against people who spend all their free time on the couch watching tv

gee, I wonder why health-conscious people seem so much healthier?

The vegan diet is cleaner than the average American diet for sure, but there is no evidence that a healthy, meatless diet is any better for you than a healthy, meat-inclusive diet.
Note that people put into the "omnivorous" category includes millions who eat fast food every day. There is no seperation between Margaret with her five tubs of Ben & Jerry's and Chad with his two chicken breasts and spinach.

What about vegans who don't eat soy? Or those who exercise? Regardless, quality of life is different from long life, and I'd argue that experiencing much lower rates of heart disease and cancer leads to a higher quality of life while also being longer. Ad hominem won't change that

>there is no evidence that a healthy, meatless diet is any better for you than a healthy, meat-inclusive diet

Yes there is, you are just ignoring it. The good arguments for meat are that it is relatively nutrient dense and those nutrients have high bioavailability, making it easier to get what you need. That's also assuming the livestock is properly fed and cared for. Livestock in the States is treated like shit: they aren't fed what they evolved to eat, they are fed the body parts of their parents, and they are injected with synthetic hormones. All these things make the meat worse, though the same can be said for "round up ready" crops drenched with glyphosate on a regular basis. Meat - especially red meat - increases your chances of contracting a plethora of chronic diseases. It is also easy in the "developed world" to have a vegan diet provided you are smart enough to properly plan your diet.

Anderson, J. W., Smith, B. M., & Gustafson, N. J. (1994). Health benefits and practical aspects of high-fiber diets. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 59(5), 1242S-1247S.

Craig, W. J., & Mangels, A. R. (2009). Position of the American Dietetic Association: vegetarian diets. Journal of the American dietetic association, 109(7), 1266-1282.

McDougall, J., Bruce, B., Spiller, G., Westerdahl, J., & McDougall, M. (2002). Effects of a very low-fat, vegan diet in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis. The Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine, 8(1), 71-75.

Biesalski, H. K. (2005). Meat as a component of a healthy diet–are there any risks or benefits if meat is avoided in the diet?. Meat science, 70(3), 509-524.

>Cholesterol is a precursor for all your sex hormones, and this includes the principal male hormone: testosterone. The final part of the whole testosterone synthesis is simply when luteinizing hormone (LH) triggers the testicular leydig cells to convert cholesterol into testosterone inside the ball sack.
>Since cholesterol is found only in animal products such as meat, dairy, and eggs, vegans consume a cholesterol-free diet.
vegancucks will never feel the fires of life roar within their sexless bodies

So eat grass fed free-range white meats if you're that paranoid?
I feel like you just created a strawman here. You've only made cases against the majority of the industry's treatment of animals. There are places everywhere that sell farm-raised meats made from well treated animals.
This is like me telling you you're poisoning yourself by eating vegetables covered in pesticides and chemical runoff.

You just had to mention them
For the love of God, just ignore them next time, this happens every thread

Attached: seppuku.jpg (800x800, 104K)

that blinkie tho

I'd love to see all of the people here post pics of their body, that'd be a good laugh

sorry senpai

but to be fair, ketofags are just as big of faggots as them

>ignoring the studies that dont compare fairly

you idiots really think this hasnt been done LOL

YOUR BODY MAKES ALL THE CHOLESTEROL YOU NEED, THE MORE YOU INTAKE FROM DIET THE LINEAR RISK FACTOR FOR HEART DISEASE HAPPENS

HURR DURR FUCK REALITY

T. vegan who just had rough sex at 0800 and is now going to live

>These results support the concept that testicular macrophages enzymatically produce 25-hydroxycholesterol that not only is metabolized to testosterone by Leydig cells when present at putative physiological levels but also may exert inhibitory influences on Leydig cells when present for extended periods
tl;dr: relying on endogenous production of 25-hydroxycholesterol for extended periods of time reduces effectiveness of leydig cells, thereby reducing test production

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11207193

you are silly

>lifting with bad form is bad

Attached: mind_blown.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

they won't because none of them lift

>must work muscle through it's entire range of motion
>stretching is worthwhile
>legs should be trained more than once a week

i second this

Barbell curls in the squat rack are the only way to make cep gains

running hills and stairs will give you more leg strength/definition than lifting weights

are you using > as >implying
or are all of these statements that are unpopular

alex jones is always right

Probably the most unpopular opinion in this thread.

> eat at maintainence, sleep 8 hrs and lift heavy for 5 years until you”re 21+
> hop on LGD/Anavar and enjoy the insane pumps, strength gains and lean muscle gains
> once you’re 30 get your test levels checked and hop on TRT for the rest of your life or just self prescribe test.

PEDs aren’t that scary if used in a sensible manner with self control and precaution. Fucking cigs and booze will hurt you more than a cycle of LGD or test e. People don’t understand how they work at a physiological level and go to google and read 20 side effects and get scared.

Staying natty till you die is the biggest fucking meme ever created by a bunch of people who’ve never studied the HPT axis or endocrine system in college or grad school. Also, insecure IG bbers fuck us all over by taking gh/slin, tren in grams and becoming 260 lb mass monsters.