Anti-Anxiety / Depression Food

Are there any foods that help Anxiety / Depression. Going to a Psychologist in April but I don't want to be put on psychoactive medications. Have anxiety that is very bad sometimes. I just want this to end.

Attached: Anxiety Solutions.jpg (774x519, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

essentahealth.com/blogs/health/lithium-orotate-safe
nytimes.com/2014/09/14/opinion/sunday/should-we-all-take-a-bit-of-lithium.html
psycheducation.org/treatment/mood-stabilizers/the-big-three-for-bipolar-depression/lithium/lithium-orotate/
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-integrationist/201605/socially-anxious-eating-probiotic-rich-foods-can-help
youtube.com/watch?v=gKgUE76udK4&t=34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mouthfull of Buckshot

zinc
ashwagandha
0 alcohol or marijuana
consistent weight training and cardio
sunshine and vitamin d3

ashwagandha what's that

lowers cortisol (stress hormone) and increases dht (test)

does work for anxiety and depression

Salmon

chugging half a bottle of honey makes me happy

I don't think pure sugar is going to cure me desu.

this shit changed my life senpai

Alcohol
Anything deep fried

Alcohol works for a while but then it makes it worse when it wears off. Would have to be blasted 24/7.

Carbs make my anxiety worse.

lithium orotate

not trolling

Attached: stock-photo-portrait-of-happy-senior-man-sitting-at-breakfast-table-with-wife-smiling-at-camera-7686 (382x470, 25K)

Isn't that what they give to psychotic people to basically chemically lobotomize them? I think i'll take Xanax before lithium fucker.

So I did some research and nah man, this stuff is bad and it doesn't even get to the brain. It's also mutagenic.

i'm not drinking for a while because i only just realized that i feel like shit after because of withdrawals after binge drinking.

high dose lithium is used for treating bipolar disorder. low dose lithium is safe and neuroprotective, and is naturally occurring in groundwater

essentahealth.com/blogs/health/lithium-orotate-safe

"According to a 2002 article in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, yes: “The available experimental evidence now appears to be sufficient to accept Lithium as essential; a provisional RDA for a 70 kg adult of 1,000 microg/day is suggested.” Indeed, a large body of research has found that Lithium consumption has a range of neurotrophic and neuroprotective effects that may reduce the risk of suicide, improve mood, reduce the incidence of psychiatric disease, and even prolong our lives."

nytimes.com/2014/09/14/opinion/sunday/should-we-all-take-a-bit-of-lithium.html

psycheducation.org/treatment/mood-stabilizers/the-big-three-for-bipolar-depression/lithium/lithium-orotate/

Attached: stock-photo-portrait-of-smiling-senior-woman-holding-flowers-man-at-background-136845848.jpg (450x320, 25K)

using food or other substances/drugs to deal with depression is what causes addiction
do you even want to make it?
get a job
go outside
socialize

omega-3/fish oil
kale
make sure you're getting enough zinc and iron

I do all that but mental illness is a different beast man. It's hard to explain unless you experience it yourself.

Not that user but I went through it for years being suicidal and isolating myself and I made the same excuses and it didn't get better no matter what I tried until I did what that user said
What are you anxious and depressed about?
>not being where you want in life
>not feeling prepared for whatever
>caring too much what other people think
>etc etc
Those are all things that go away once you start making progress and accomplishing goals instead of r9k blogposting on a fitness website

I'm hesitant because some anons said it made them feel like zombies.

I guess your right. This is pretty pathetic. I work nights so socializing is harder but I do have a gf and we are going to start living together soon. I hope that helps. No financial issues so this all kind of hit me out of nowhere.

Eat fermented foods like yogurt and tempeh studies show it reduces social anxiety.
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-integrationist/201605/socially-anxious-eating-probiotic-rich-foods-can-help

Add a healthy amount and variety of vegetables, reduction (preferably elmination) of processed sugars and maybe even a multivitamin. Try and get on a regular sleep schedule as well

Magnesium Glycinate(not oxide or you'll just be shitting). I have sleep maintenence insomnia where I would wake up and not be able to get back to sleep during the night. This shit is the ONLY thing that has helped me get good long sleep without feeling drowsy. My mood is way better for it, coming from someone who had major anxiety and panic attacks. I also have been avoiding carbs because reading about insulin spikes fucking with your energy and mood.

Not the same user but I do i get the pills or the plant ?

Decent post

how much did your test go up?

by like 27% or something?

going outside can be as simple as mowing your lawn and getting some vitamin D
do gardening in your yard
walk/jog/bike in public instead of indoors
you need the sunlight

socializing can be talking to coworkers about whatever it is normies talk about, I don't know, sports? weather?

Attached: IMG_0191.png (700x471, 34K)

and to further elaborate
even just eating outdoors

talk to coworkers about anything that doesn't involve hatred because that shit will dwell inside and tear you up
if they hate somebody or their job then change the subject
you can always tell them that Chuck-E-Cheese is hiring

idk about what you have, but stopping caffeine cold turkey has helped my sleep significantly and my social anxiety has quieted down a lot.

Keto+IF
Bonus points:
+Paleo

Then just increase test and cortisol with supplements like vitamins and daily activity such as weight training/cardio. Sleep enough and drink lots of water.

I suffered horrible depression and anxiety a few years back and this shit helped.

Thanks.

look up the GAPS diet
basically need to cut out all the processed crap, all GMO, and most vegetable oils
eat saturated fat based diet from animals that haven't been abused in industrial farming

>Keto+IF
>Bonus points:
>+Paleo

Paleo is like a lesser/easier Keto, unless you meant do Paleo when you're cycling off of Keto.

In any case, good on you for that change

I think paleo includes more fuit/roots/berries than Keto.

Brehs....

I quit smoking 5 days ago and my anxiety is through the roof...

I have eaten two family packs of oreos with whole milk in the last 4 days and im supposed to be CUTTING

Attached: 1424298250177.jpg (1280x1912, 648K)

>binging on sweets
are you a fucking woman?

>increases DHT
BALD CITY HERE I COME

Attached: 1365729877806.jpg (591x530, 115K)

Keep it up. Don't go back to the cigarettes.

>I have eaten two family packs of oreos

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Just learn from your mistakes, pic related

Attached: 1513805335686.jpg (500x500, 185K)

what brand of ashwagandha do I get

Never tried it myself but people said KSM-66 is good stuff.

Idk about the rest of the Anons here, but I've actually had anxiety.
At it's worst it was near total agoraphobia, I would wake up shaking every morning and not be able to do anything at all outside of the house without staring at my phone to distract myself from the terror I was always feeling. All of this was going on for a long time, but peaked during the finals my fall semester of Junior year in my EE degree.
I can honestly say I am now completely cured of it.
What I did was this: Cold exposure, and an elimination of wheat and dairy from my diet.

The first thing I did was the Wim Hoff method. I can remember the first time I did it. As soon as I finished the breathing, I got into the coldest water my shower could produce. I had my first moment of clarity in a year. My ADHD, my anxiety, my worries. All gone INSTANTLY because of the shock of the cold. I used this as a way to learn how to stay calm in stressful situations(such as freezing my ass off). This saved my life, its not a meme, god bless Wim Hoff. I hope one day I can give him a hug or something.

Once I was able to not give into anxiety anymore, I was able to think about it rationally and attack the problem. I tried a bunch of things, but the only thing that fixed me was a gluten free and dairy free diet. It sounds like hippy BS, and trust me I fucking hate yuppy cucks and their trendy vegan GF organic food that makes them think they are morally superior just because they consuming the "right" goods. For me it worked so well that after a month I didn't have the spikes of anxiety at all.

If you are struggling with anxiety, please try these things. They saved me, I hope they can save others.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Really anything that won't kill me is on the table right now I hate this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=gKgUE76udK4&t=34s

I also binged on sweet foods when I quit smoking. Sour keys and those Chews gum are what helped me to quit. The Bulk Barn was a good friend to me during that time. The sugar rush from a binge will slightly elevate your heart rate in a similar fashion to smoking. I know other people who used sweets to quit. My suggestion is to use them as an occasional tool against cravings and don't beat yourself up too much. The anxiety will soon pass. Quitting smoking is hard but definitely worth it user.

I did that when I quit drinking. Something about alcohol being processed into sugar or something. Alcohol withdrawal sucks. At least i got to meet the shadow man.