Are calisthenics a meme? I wouldn't mind looking like this chinaman

are calisthenics a meme? I wouldn't mind looking like this chinaman....

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdfitness.com/blog/do-a-pull-up/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

El Atrocidad.
Calisthenics is not a meme, it's a form of gymnastics and through the use of back packs can even serve as a progressive strength program.
You're gonna be bigger and stronger through weight lifting. You can do calisthenics after.

it must suck spending your whole life wincing and experiencing emotional turmoil every time you see a white girl dating outside her race.

Isn't weighted pull ups regarded as better than lat pull downs?

Have you seen male gymnastics? They're buff af. Obviously using your bodyweight is great exercise

Calisthenics aren't a meme.

Attached: 36-aaaaaaaaaa.png (800x600, 593K)

This dude has a 5-pack.. Worst ab genetics ever.

Is there a good design for a pull up bar that doesn't attach to a doorway or ceiling and isn't permanently embedded into the ground? I want to do pull ups and dips and various calisthenic things in my basement. I imagine some lumber and a few pipes would be fine, but I don't want it to explode and die.

Attached: 1367171715078.png (400x431, 17K)

Can doing push-ups, planks, sit-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, bw squats and running daily get you ottermode? Or just skinnymode

Not even fucking close kiddo

i hope so. cause that's what i'm doing

Attached: 715rfqqmDhL._SL1500_[1].jpg (996x1500, 83K)

Aside from sit ups and chin ups all the exercises you listed can get you jacked with proper nutrition, rest and programming and if you progress to harder variations

The the rope hang is the end all be all for all bodyweight peep. The best bodyweight exercise out there. I suggest you all try it.

Attached: 17118559-4C09-4CD5-A7D7-7D122A6B7596.jpg (433x655, 158K)

>t. el abominacion...

Fuck off faggot.

Is the best way to git gud at pull ups and lats negatives? I do pyramid style widegrip but I can only get up to 7.

You’re a meme for asking if something is a meme

You'll stop making progress because you won't be getting that progressive overload unless you either add weight or do variations

>permanent teenager mode
Calisthenics are for third worlders who don't want to get "too big"

Your the one that sounds insecure. Just saying Bro.

>implying weighted pull ups aren't God tier for lat development.

I only experience the proper reaction: disgust.

you'll need to do harder bw exercice.

Fitness FAQ is fucking ripped and doesn't train UPPER BODY with weights

Attached: YRFEqqY[1].png (906x704, 820K)

pull ups are great and even better weighted.
But teenagers lump it with other shit into the word 'calisthenics'

It's not a meme, but I don't find it as fun as lifting heavy things.

>pull ups are great and even better weighted.
>But teenagers lump it with other shit into the word 'calisthenics'

The fuck are you talking about you imbecile?
It stops being calisthenics because it's weighted?
You that scared of people working out without weights and getting fit?

Requesting the pic of this guy hanging on his bar and doing an L-sit with the following caption:
>What am i doing with my life ?

Don't try to argue with them user. They won't listen. I had someone telling me a squat isn't a weighted bodyweight move because you're lifting weights. Let that sink in.

>everyone who isn't fond of muh calisthenics is as retarded as this one person i met

Attached: 1470733389409.gif (300x225, 2.81M)

I think if you have godly genes, you can do calisthenics and still powerlift

Bodyweight is a meme

listen up creatura, you need volume to get better at pullups
best thing to do is get a pullup bar in your door frame at home or office, somewhere you'll be going in and out of a lot. Bump out 8-10 pullups, or as many as you can get a few times a day.
When you're at the gym do plenty of sets. 4xF is usually legit, but if you're not doing that many pullups in each set (less than six) throw a couple more sets in there.
once you can do sets of 12+ no problem add weight and continue with your sets to failure
that is how you get good at pullups, mi atrocidad

Calisthetics is a meme, gymnastics is the real deal. But to have a proper gymnastic body you need to spend a lot more time in the gym, if you have any kind of commitments its almost impossible. Also weights are resistance training goes perfectly well with gymnastics (its meme that gymnast only yse body weight, or most probably they do not exceed weights of their b(odyweight

this, gymnastics is goat but since it requires more flexibility and joint prehab it will take longer to get "jacked" not sure you need more time at the gym unless you count stretching( which you can/should do at home anyway) and lifters should do that anyway or it will hit them in the long run, gymnastics just makes your tight areas more apparent . Also puritans from either side are idiots, gymnastic training can benefit from weights and lifters can benefit from gymnastic conditioning.

This all day errday combined with yoga and some type of martial art or kick boxing is the key to fit

what's wrong with chinups? i thought weighted close-grip ones were good for biceps

I recently started doing pullups 2x a week
Aiming to do 3 sets of 12 reps, but I weight 90kg (gonna begin my cut in mid-april) and I currently can only do -45kg assisted pullups. Feels really pathetic desu. Are assisted pullups a valid replacement of regular pullups or am I just fucking myself over?

If you're relative strength is high enough to do basic bodyweight movements and maybe have a weighted vest, there's no reason why you can't base your upper body training predominantly around calisthenics. Free weights might be a bit more efficient since you can increment the load better, but you need to decide how important that is to you. Personally, I figure that if I really cared about "optimizing" my results, I'd be pinning. Just do what makes sense. As long as your approach isn't horrendously out in left field, consistency and diligence per the sessions themselves are what count the most. Mind over matter.

No they aren't a meme but they can only get you so far compared to lifting. I did calisthenics for a couple of years before I started lifting and it gave me a pretty good frame and muscle definition and then lifting just helped me increase the size.

this is my routine when I don't have access to the gym
nothing special--just to get moving in the morning, better than nothing at all

Attached: BW circuit.png (1828x1440, 329K)

Attached: 61XAGyGkd6L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 91K)

I feel a urge to kill my friend, but for white men, it's no big deal, I'm cool with it

Attached: devil_spartan_again_by_dendorrity-d4x3p6i.png (883x883, 918K)

Dios mio...

Use them as a stepping stone. Took me ages to get up to a proper pullup and I'm only 59kg. Keep progressing and read this:

nerdfitness.com/blog/do-a-pull-up/

weighted calisthenics are pretty good, gymnastics rings are great

>planks
What's thhe lower bar for? Calves rises?

Umm, I can do pullups just fine. The thing is, I can't do 12 of them. Before I bloated to 90kg I could do 8 regular pullups no problem.
I just want to do 3x12. I just want to be sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot by using the assists, since I want to avoid smith-machine-esque gains if I can help it.

Ah ok, sorry, I misunderstood.
If you can do 3x8, try 4x8. Then the next time 3x9.

Also, once time I was stuck and couldn't get past whatever number I was on so I got drunk and just pushed like hell, and it worked.

you mean chang?

They do weighted exercises too you fking idiot

You meant... Who cant get too big

Just do bodyweight exercises and free weight for maximum gains.

Increase volume

Same here. But i weight 100kg. 96 before taking creatine... 187cm tall.

As Phil Heath says... We should at least be able to do 1 pull up lol.

We are worst than manlets lmao

Dios mios

Do u faggot realise that the smith machine sucks is just a meme?

Suddenly u are all pros and want to traon like pros.

Fucking dyel nothings

I have never seen anyone but women use the smith machine. Just saying.

I looked exactly like this but with less pecs training martial arts as a pure striker only.
Lot of stretching, pushups situps, the rest was all movements.
Being that lean and muscular completely fucked me up if i got a flu, i had no buffer, it's like running your health on the red line.

does his tattoo say I will be hedgehog

if he gained 20 pounds of fat he would look normal

While it's true that weights will get you bigger taking less time too, you can still build a solid physique through bodyweight training alone. Also, for some people, myself included, it's also way more enjoyable.

they are all turbomanlets
>pic related

Attached: david-durante.165cm.jpg (267x400, 66K)

Check Dominik Sky. He’s at the cut off and probably looks better than most of this board.