/fat/ You can get through this plateau

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1506633758411.png (707x627, 149K)

>tfw 5 month mental plateau
Dropped from 280 to 200 at 6ft4 and I've maintained my weight for 5 months now at 18% bf
All was caused by ONE cheat meal that turned into a cheat day

THROUGH THE GATES OF FAT

AS WE MARCH OUR WAY TO HEAVEN

Fast started last night

Used it as an excuse to eat 6,000 cals of garbage

Oops

>mfw that happens

i hate it, cheat days do so much damage in my opinion. if you cheat 2000kcal on a beer and pizza evening. you ruin 4 days worth of 500 kcal deficit progress. adding 4 days to your goal. IMO holydays or family events are the only acceptable excuse. suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.

Attached: retared fat3.jpg (1135x1056, 194K)

Daily reminder that you're never gonna make it.

Attached: (You).jpg (247x250, 7K)

What are some cost-efficient ways to reward yourself that are not food or booze?

Attached: 1519124589924.png (723x752, 38K)

Even with my outrageous cheat days and alcoholism, im on track to lose weight big league, and my calorie intake week over week has always dropped. Fuck off m8

exercise

>2 years ago, last time I lifted regularly
>Diddlying 1pl8 3x10

>Do diddlies for the first time since I've restarted
>1pl8 5x5

Attached: 1362446951919.jpg (456x352, 15K)

The thing is that there's multiple holidays a month and family events like birthdays around every corner. They're all excuses to eat candy and/or feast. You have to really not find excuses to eat and realize that bingeing no matter the reason is going to set you back.

Or use those days for the cheat meals, just don't eat shit for no reason. You can easily make progress if you just screw up on those days.

Currently on my 72th hour of fasting!
Really got to watch out how I end this one so I don't binge eat.

in my family only xmas and b-days are celebrated so its limited damage. non family event are bit easier as they are not whole day events and can be budgeted with other meals that day.

(new wojak edit is unrelated)

Attached: Fat brainlet.jpg (1135x1108, 248K)

What should i do if i love beer? Are there any non garbage light beers or alcohols? Love being drunk every so often, or tipsy, also love the taste of beer

Diet coke
Copenhagen
Protien style burger at in and out
Sashimi sushi

Attached: 1518563045825.jpg (1252x954, 557K)

>haven't weighed myself in a week
>get on the scale after a fancy 5 course meal at a french restaurant
>tfw gained 5 pounds

how much weight can you actually gain from a big meal?

Attached: 1518903288742.jpg (399x400, 16K)

Started plateauing around 300 lbs for 3 months after a year on the low-carb diet. Decided to start water fasting, and I've gone down 16 pounds in 5 days already. I feel constantly hungry, though. They told me it would go away after 3 days. Anyone else have this problem?

Attached: 1503480177864.png (762x754, 61K)

go take a morning shit and piss

You're down 4 pounds already from that

Alcohol is worse than binge eating. You get the calories from the beer on top of the fact that when alcohol is in your system everything turns to glycogen because of how your liver processes. So the alcohol calories, the additional stuff that's in the alcoholic beverage, and whatever food you eat while you're drinking and when alcohol remains in your blood stream, it all turns to fat. Drink sparingly.

Guys, I've been fasting since sunday and it's going great, but my breath is capable of killing small animals. What can I do to mitigate that, other than using Listerine every hour?

Attached: TrymOlU.png (3840x2160, 721K)

POST WHATS FOR DINNER TONIGHT.

Garlic/lemon chicken, rice and greens.

Attached: tmp_5148-14816674752891679151006491435549.gif (540x304, 944K)

Then ill probably go without any alcohol for awhile, one user said seltzer water was a good substitute. Can any other user confirm this works?

People say 3 days because that's the average length of time it takes to get you in ketosis. Also are you sure you're hungry? Might just be cravings, that doesn't go away, you just have to deal with it

Already did faggot. I thought losing weight was hard. It’s nothing compared to cleanly putting on muscle.

Tuna and crackers.
Maybe a yogurt to go with it if I have the space.

Having some leftover Irish stew for lunch so eh.

Chicken teriyaki stir fry, light sauce and udon noodles, ill have a small portion tho, but i still have 1800 calories left for the day

I was already in ketosis before I began the fast. I do have cravings, but I occasionally get hungry pains when I think about food or eating, which is constant because I'm craving food. If this is what's normal during a fast, I guess I can handle it. Thanks for the info.

If your blood pressure and heart are daijoubu, you can try EC stack.

Usually half a regular dose is enough to kill any hunger pangs.

Water in general is the base drink. I also recommend black coffee (no sugar or honey or milk) and green tea (also no sugar honey or milk). The caffeine in those will keep you from getting hungry. I drink two pots of green tea a day for intermittent fasting and it really helps curb hunger until I allow myself to eat.

300g of chicken breasts
i had a big lunch

I've never gone longer than 7 days, but I've read about cravings going away or reduce a lot after the 2nd week, when you start resetting your relation with food
Currently on the 3rd day of what I plan to be a 21 day fast.

I'm doing a 21-day fast, as well. Good luck!
As for the actual pain, It's not severe pains for me, I was just concerned if I was doing the fast incorrectly, even though I'm taking the required vitamins.

Thanks for the tip. I might try that if it persists for long.

Thanks for the tip user, ive been drinking green tea, but i had enough sugar to make it not bitter, ill omit the sugar from now on

Anyone experiencing mental changes through your diet?

I'm feeling myself becoming a lot more aggressive now that I don't have food to calm me down.

Attached: 1519389712203.jpg (918x597, 216K)

>200g chicken breast
>125g broccoli
>125g brussel sprouts
>an onion
>spices

Cook it all together and ingest for the nutrients.

Drink more water, when you get dehydrated you end up with bad halitosis, if you brush regularly and mouth wash all you can really do more is drink water

Two things about green tea bitterness: don't brew your tea at the boiling point of the water and try out different flavors of green tea. Get yourself a tea thermometer. They're like ten bucks. Most teas are perfect being brewed at 180 degrees not 216, If it's too hot it will make the tea bitter. I recommend a mint tea for a light stimulating flavor that almost tastes sweet without any of the sugar. Try out different teas until you find what you like. If it just says green tea it could be anything including low quality mountain weeds. Find strains of teas with easy to differentiate names.

>The caffeine in those will keep you from getting hungry

This is the first I've heard of caffeine having any influence over hunger, could you elaborate?

I have dragonwell from teavana but i also have jade citrus mint, only problem is the jade citrus mint is herbal and doesnt have any caffeine, i am actually a tea enthusiast (as gay as that sounds)

fasted for 43 days and had this issue throughout the fast.

ketosis leads to a buildup of this white deposit on your tongue, invest in a tongue scraper and use it every 2-3 days you're fasting.

baring the above, it could also be an oral infection or just a general build up of bacteria (from being dehydrated and hence less saliva in your mouth)

I seem to have a lot more confidence lately and I'm more social than I used to be. I'm down to 220 from 290 so I have another 70 pounds to go before I hit my goal, trying to lose 10 pounds per month goal is to be 180 by end of july.

fap

Stimulants tend to reduce hunger for short periods of time. It can also increase hunger when you're not on the stimulants so be careful with it. If you drink coffee or tea while not eating it will lead to appetite suppression. I do it when I'm in my fasted state in the morning to curb hunger until I allow myself to eat at 1 pm. It works for me.

what do former fat fucks use for stretch marks???

How you guys doin

I recommend Moroccan Green Mint Tea. It's a blend of green tea and mint extract. There's nothing wrong with really enjoying some good tea. It's only gay if you're getting fucked by a dude while drinking it.

Really good. I hit a record low on the scale today. The plateau is broken!

Mine just turned a kind of sliver-fleshy colour, they're pretty much invisible now

Like cigarettes, it's a stimulant. People that smoke can stave off hunger very efficiently (at the cost of other health issues, outside of /fat/'s scope)
Unlike alcohol, which is a depressant, and causes hunger and stops clarity so you're more likely to binge when drunk.

Record territory is a good place to be

Not him, but my purely anecdotal experience is that when cutting coffee definitely curbed the hunger between meals.

Would i find that at teavana? Also good to know there are fellow teafags on this board

been eating less due to therapeutic stimulant use
too early to tell if weight loss

I get mine at Upton Imports.

>why break your carb addiction when you can add a new one???
neck thyself

I'm doing a simple lower calorie plan. I still eat a good amount of carbs, fats and protein. My problem is, my anxiety is through the roof. Everything sets me off, i can barely sleep because of nightmares.
Help

>My problem is, my anxiety is through the roof. Everything sets me off, i can barely sleep because of nightmares.
is this food related or what

>tfw no /fat/elf gf

Attached: 1521422175836.jpg (1146x1650, 481K)

how long did it take?

PRIMO VICTORIA!!

are jump squats a bad idea at 200 lbs and about 25-30% bodyfat? they look fun

try camomile tea, it is relaxing

Stop namefagging nobody gives a shit

I work a job where I have to taste test a lot of unhealthy food semi frequently, and sometimes my calorie count gets a bit high. I have no trouble staying under 1500 most days, but on days like that, what are some extremely filling foods that are really low calorie? Right now basically I rely on peanut butter, eggs, and oatmeal for those days but I'd like to expand my options a bit.

Sardines

/,,/ /,,/

i love you my fellow fatasses. We're gonna make it.

Attached: 1471070575158.png (316x400, 112K)

Vegetables are the optimal choice. You can eat a pound of broccoli for about 100 calories. Vegetables will fill your stomach. Protein also digests slower and will leave you feeling satisfied longer. I like canned meats like the other user said sardines, tuna, crab meat, squid in ink sauce and pretty much anything canned. They're prepackaged and last for ages so you can buy them in bulk. One of my favorite lunches is bellpeppers, mushrooms, and onions with squid in ink sauce. A quick, very low calorie meal and feels satisfying for hours.

Now that I've made huge progress, every few nights I'll get so high on the thought it feels like I just slayed a goddamn dragon. Anyone else get this godly feeling high?

Nothing, your body is cleansing itself.

I have this huge hatred towards fat people that I didn't have before.

>cleansing meme
Don't forget your bleach enema to get rid of your autism parasites

Enemas are no good.

I feel so good about my progress and how I look now that I sometimes forget that I still have quite a bit to go and that I’m still actually pretty overweight.

I'm in the same boat. I got a while to go still yet. Lost 50lbs so far. I really enjoy my routine and exercises. Diet is great, I enjoy the food and stay full all day even though I'm only eating 1000cal's a day. Feel like I've been on cruise control for a couple months now.

>Diet coke
Only if you have a strong will. Sweeteners have a tendency to make cravings stronger. Maybe if you combined it with a small piece dark chocolate (at the very least least over 80%) it would work.

Not 5 pounds at least. Most of that shit is carbs and salt.

You put 5 lbs in your body, that doesn't mean you gained 5 lbs of bodyfat.

Let's go motherfuckers! Tuna for lunch, steak for dinner. No cheats

What are some good ways of getting rid of a potbelly?

my grandma needs to lose alot of weight to get her arthritis surgery. she's lost so much, I'm proud of her lads

Also where is Confession Wojak

Beans on toast
250kcal, 6 grams protein, filling, easy as af to make

Lose body fat or suck in your gut

What are you using? I’ve been prescribed Phentermine by my PCP since beginning of January. Down 45 lbs but I’m starting to skip taking it every day because I want to taper off of it and not be dependent.

You can't spot reduce fat. You can only lower body fat until the pot belly is gone. You can also recomp if you are skinnyfat and hopefully the larger ab muscles and reduced fat after the recomp makes you look like you have a strong core. Keep consistent with your diet. You'll get there.

Confess

Attached: 1497482549131.png (1229x1160, 58K)

I do too! I’m 6’ and have gone from 278 to 232 in less than three months through IF, exercise, and sheer willpower.

Even though I’m still a fatass, I’m starting despise fat people for their lack of willpower and excuses. I don’t think this is a good thing.

I ate 4000 calories on my treat day last week

Attached: 1517778097066.jpg (300x300, 33K)

>last week reach mini check point
>admittely have a bad cheat dinner because snacks +take out (prepared myself for a certain dish and we ended up ordering pizza); i ate less than everyone else (which doesnt say much because they are muscular men and a landwhale) but i didnt eat the crusts
>weekly weigh in
>first time i didnt lose anything and actually went up a kg from last week; i feel terrible
>eat small breakfast; drink a few cups of water
>massive shit; maybe it was big enough for me to see a notice in the scale
>still weigh the same as earlier

>today was the last day of my course and we had a party
>cant caculate what i ate because it was a few bites of an unfamilar lunch snack by foriegn classmate, a piece of banana bread and two square inch ice cream bon bons.
>Im really thinking about not going to the gym at least to do cardio today because i went the past two days, want a recovery day and the traffic in my area is hell right now......but i feel so shitty about not losing weight this week.

>Im really thinking about not going to the gym at least to do cardio today because i went the past two days, want a recovery day and the traffic in my area is hell right now......but i feel so shitty about not losing weight this week.
Use your cost benefit analysis. Is the stress going to be worse than the feeling of relief and lack of guilt of going? Only you can decide.

Marinating some chicken breast and will throw it in a wok with a package of frozen veggies.
Trying to get better at eating chicken. Usually I use pork tenderloin as my cheapish whiteish meat, but it would probably be fine if I varied my stuff a bit more.

cost efficient is debatable but
>massage, spa/sauna day or few hours pass
>new clothes, quality shoes or videogame/computer stuff
>kettle ball or some light dumbbells to do meme gym stuff at home in secret
>fancy/organic chocolate or drink that you savor every bite/sip

If youre logging calories youll quickly learn that Alcohol is absolutely terrible for your diet

But you can budget 15 miller lites into a day and come out OK as long as you dont go overboard on food ;)

170cm

Can /fat guess my weight?

Been going to the gym 7 days 3 hour days for the past three weeks. Only down 3kilos but It’s so fucking worth it.

Attached: BFBBC9DE-3A4C-4128-BB17-7D719EBC6772.jpg (1535x2250, 509K)

95kg

Kek, i get maccas twice a week i just do an extra hour on treadmill

Fuck you

i enjoy tea too user. Personally ive always hated Jade citrus mint but its not caffine free. It has 40mg of caffine i believe (at least the bagged ones that starbucks carries).
The caffine free ones were Mint majesty, Passion tango and peach tranquility.

I liked peach tranquility and Joy. Joy tea was the best.

Now im a EU user though so better quality teas are pretty easy to find but i dont like how caffine isnt labeled on the packaging here.

Not him but you gave us a picture with an asinine question which could be easily solved by stepping on the scale. It's the why can't you google useful information only with basic knowledge you can find out with a different basic tool. Also a height would certainly help.

Disregard the height part I must have glimpsed over that.

Tfw cyclone hit city
Tfw staff pizza dinner
Tfw 4 people offer me can of coke
Tfw 13 pizzas
>only had two slice
>formerly obese
>feels like im gonna make it