If you are natty and arent hitting each muscle group 3 times a week, you're a fucking moron

if you are natty and arent hitting each muscle group 3 times a week, you're a fucking moron

Attached: C-1.png (1877x2048, 705K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4723165/
gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>if you are natty ... you're a fucking moron
correct

the roids giveth
the roids taketh away

Define "trained". No, I didn't go dig up the paper. It's probably behind some academic publisher's paywall.

according to your shitty chart I have to exercise every 4 hours just to keep up my protein synthesis? wtf do you think I'm a hamster or something

>Doesn't know about libgen
You'll never make it

Stop being a lazy fuck. Don't you want your proton sin the sis?

Attached: man-running-hamster-wheel-treadmill.jpg (500x500, 63K)

The paper's abstract:

"Ten healthy young men (21.0 +/- 1.5 yr, 1.79 +/- 0.1 m, 82.7 +/- 14.7 kg, means +/- SD) participated in 8 wk of intense unilateral resistance training (knee extension exercise) such that one leg was trained (T) and the other acted as an untrained (UT) control. After the 8 wk of unilateral training, infusions of L-[ring-d(5)]phenylalanine, L-[ring-(13)C(6)]phenylalanine, and d(3)-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid were used to measure mixed muscle protein synthesis in the T and UT legs by the direct incorporation method [fractional synthetic rate (FSR)]. Protein synthesis was determined at rest as well as 4 h and 28 h after an acute bout of resistance exercise performed at the same intensity relative to the gain in single repetition maximum before and after training. Training increased mean muscle fiber cross-sectional area only in the T leg (type I: 16 +/- 10%; type II: 20 +/- 19%, P < 0.05). Acute resistance exercise increased muscle protein FSR in both legs at 4 h (T: 162 +/- 76%; UT: 108 +/- 62%, P < 0.01 vs. rest) with the increase in the T leg being significantly higher than in the UT leg at this time (P < 0.01). At 28 h postexercise, FSR in the T leg had returned to resting levels; however, the rate of protein synthesis in the UT leg remained elevated above resting (70 +/- 49%, P < 0.01). We conclude that resistance training attenuates the protein synthetic response to acute resistance exercise, despite higher initial increases in FSR, by shortening the duration for which protein synthesis is elevated."

So, basically , after two months of reasonable but light training (e.g. PxPxLxx), you should consider increasing frequency (e.g. PPLPPLx) to keep up protein synthesis.

This matches my current experience. After about 10 weeks, I would be able to increase like the above examples (yes, that's my current PPL frequency). I'm able to recover faster now, and I feel doubling volume would be an achievable goal.

Just focus on volume, and not damage, and you'll never have to worry about the overtraining meme.

The consensus now is definitely shifting towards volume being more important than muscular damage or metabolic stress for gains. Do 5 or 6 days/week and only go to failure in the last set of the last exercises of each muscle groups for the week. Done.

you'll experience doms and will eventually get diminishing returns. you should hit the muscles again after doms ceases, for most people thats 2 days

>after doms ceases

you can still overtrain without having doms.

It takes me almost 2 hours to do one muscle group. I can hit it twice a week. I’m not going to spend 4 hours in the gym every day. 2 is enough

show me one (1) study where hitting muscle groups 3 times a week causes overtraining. if thats the case you're doing too many fluff and puff exercises

you're most likely adding to much fluff and puff exercises. i stick two exercise hitting a muscle group each workout. e.g. row and chins, flat barbell and incline bench, OHP and lateral flys

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4723165/

what's a fluff and puff exercise? and sorry sweety, you can't lift 6 times a week as a natty.

overuse of isolations. I stick to two heavy compound exercises for each major group and lift 3 times a week. I find myself deloading every 5-6 weeks though

I usually do 3 per grouping
Flat bench, incline bench, cable flies for chest
Random ISO’s for tris and bis
Squat, deadlift, and weighted step ups for legs
Assorted calf work
Assortment of rows for back
OHP + 2 assorted shoulder exercises
Core work
I combine chest with bis and tris, back with shoulders and core, and then legs on their own day.
So my routine looks like this:
M: Chest/Arms
T: Legs
W: Cardio
Th: Back/Shoulders/Core
F: Chest
Sa: Cardio
Su: Legs
M: Back/Shoulders/Legs
And so on with occasional rest days

Sorry, not Back/Shoulders/Legs
Core, not Legs

i'm doing something similar but with moderate weight.

i work upper and lower each time i go

25x squats
25x deadlifts
50x box jumps

25x pullups
25x bench
25x db lateral raises
25x curls

in less than 40 minutes or so. think i'm okay to do that 3x a week?

lol I'm making great gains doing PxxPxxLxx body by science style (super slow cadence, every set to positive/static/negative failure with rest/pause), that's 9 days rest before hitting the same muscle group, get fukt with your "only frequency" meme, load and intensity are two other variables to play with

>25x deadlifts

welcome to snap city as your form breaks down around rep 10

it's only 185 lbs. and i'll typically do

10x
5x
5x
5x

i go slow. never had an issue

looks good to me. try 3 days for a few weeks and see how it feels.

Currently I'm running:
BB bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Row 5x5
Zercher Squat 5x5
Chins 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x12
Bicep Curls 3x8
BB Shrug 3x12

I'll do AxAxAxx
Every 5-6 weeks I deload and do a week of the same exercises slow and light concentrating on the eccentric movement.

i also try to run around 10 miles a week and rock climb. would those exercises contribute to fatigue

I've run this two, I typically cycle between high frequency and the HIT Dr Doug stuff every 6 months or so. I don't rely enjoy the HIT stuff but I can vouch for its effectiveness

rock climbing potentially but probably not, running would most probably be a benefit because a healthy cardiovascular system increases recovery rate

How much weight for Lateral Raises?

typically 5kg-10kg focusing on slow movement. started on 2kg though

How much can you lift, 1RM? Go test yourself. No one can answer that for you.

Oh God bless you with big gainz, user !
Im doing 5-7 kg 3x10 with slow movement also doing triceps extentions with the same weight and I thought Im doing it wrong or Im like weak or something.
I ordered barbell and bench. I only have dumbbells with 15 kg on them with addition 10 kg weight laying around.
Im doing 15 kg
Biceps curls 4x10
Floor Press 4x30
Millitary Presses 4x10
Squats 4x10
Pull ups 3xFailure
DL 3x20
Triceps Extentions 3x30

It's indeed brutal, I go into the gym like I'm entering a gladiator arena. I'm on the same plan as you, spend a while doing HIT, then frequency, good to vacillate back and forth before it gets stale.

I don't think you understand graphs. 4 hours is peak. Still going at 18-24 hours.

actually its been a subject Im the most unsure about, keep asking Veeky Forums repeatedly too and still didnt get a definite answer.

Can anybody with knowledge on the subject elaborate? Should you focus on hitting every muscle group frequently or volume? Is overtraining as natty a real thing?

Attached: 1452376129746.jpg (810x960, 107K)

>themusclephd
>jacob wilson
>known as the magician on PhD circles
>one of the most mocked and distrusted researchers in the field
>literally a fucking fraud

wew lad

2x a week is fine. 3x a week is fine too, great way to add more volume if needed. weekly volume will be dictate your progress, as long as you keep to 2x a week minimum.

Attached: camswhitebikini01.webm (1000x703, 2.94M)

What site, .pw? There's a bunch of them.

>flexes a cep while holding two copies of the holy Starting Strength®
"Say that to those guns soyentist"

Attached: mark-rippletoe.jpg (433x480, 38K)

firstly, the weekly volume of a 3x full body is probably comparable to a bro split. so its not really a case of frequency vs volume. frequency IS volume

>gen.lib.rus.ec/
That's the best front end afaik.

Congratulations, you’ve rediscovered starting strength.