Qtddtot

Qtddtot - Old one is dead
>Should a skinnyfat bulk or cut first and why?

Attached: EB1E341E-4D8C-4F45-AD9C-D91A9A99164B.jpg (323x396, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/85x8mm/husband_had_sex_with_me_while_i_was_sleeping/
stronglifts.com/5x5/
youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ewglNoIo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I'm on a cut or eating at maintainence and start training my neck (never did before) would I see gains or would it only be on a bulk?

Cut first because as a newbie you can make gains while cutting.

you can always get gains even by not bulking. you dont need to bulk to get gains, its just easier.

Would gains also include mass? How does the body produce more when given less?

How do I know I'm doing landmine twists correctly? I can feel it in my core immediately after but I wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

because gaining muscle is merely having protein and breaking down the muscle. on a cut you should still be eating protein.

>Qtddtot - Old one is dead
No it isn't, use the catalog faggot.

I have anxiety to the point that going to the gym is difficult, with that in mind what would I need to start working out at home? Just a barbell set?

It’s nearly at 3 hunna that’s the usual mark of dead

Cutting and bulking is fucking retarded. Track what you eat and you won't have to do all that bullshit.

adjustable dumbbells would be the easiest. but wahts even easier is overcoming your anxiety with slow immersion therapy.

Dont back down user, see having the balls to work out in the open as your first gains. Good for long term mental health

Do nofap to help with social anxiety

reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/85x8mm/husband_had_sex_with_me_while_i_was_sleeping/

retard here

can anyone explain this post for me?

If i am doing 5/3/1 "Im not doing jack shit" what are the calisthenics i could add in for balance?

Pullups
Press ups
Rows
GHR?

Attached: DSzTykqXUAUifww.jpg (978x1200, 191K)

Is it a bad idea to do a little cut, say a month, while in my first year of training? I don't want to miss out on any gains or slip back in my lifts.

Attached: 1512631042510.jpg (500x667, 105K)

So I just started working out and noticed my left isn't gaining as much muscle as my right. Any advice on what I should do or should I start with my weaker side first?

I got very sick and i couldn't exercise for 2 or 3 weeks, now that i started again, i can't do even half of what i used to do.
How many days/weeks will it take for me to recover my strenght?
I expected this to happen, but it's still frustrating.

I feel for the squats and deads work your core enough meme and finally snapped my shit up, I'm pain free after a few weeks but what are best core isolations for strength?

I recently went from Low bar to High bar with squats and suddenly I have shit form. I had to drop about 7.5kgs to stop myself from leaning forward.. Feels frustrating man.

Is this to be expected when switching to high bar?

Attached: 1521514194377.jpg (600x584, 26K)

Just got a lot of info, want to know how much of it is BS. Guy who told me it is like 300 lbs but he's visibly strong:

>20 sets total per day
>no rows after deadlifts
>no oats for breakfast
>20 reps for warm ups

Was I being trolled?

Attached: raccoon-sliding-down-banister-hand-rail-1412064711x.jpg (720x960, 59K)

I want to do stronglifts.com/5x5/ but I only have an entry level barbell
Do I have to add 20kg or whatever extra to my lifts to compensate for the lack of an Olympic bar? Like, the app is telling me squat at 20kg, but really it's more like 40 or 45, right?

I dont sweat much when I lift. I think only certain lifts make me sweat. Is that a bad sign?

Are Zercher Squats a suitable substitute for back squats? Shit mobility in my shoulders prevent me from being able to do low bar back squats and I'm not a huge fan of high bar. Also any tips for hip flexor pain while squating?

Attached: 1520181057852.gif (260x182, 647K)

Weighted pull ups, weighted dips, and farmer walks are all good.

For those who have taken the regular C4 pre workout, how average is it?
It's the cheapest here and I've cycled off pre so thinking it might be good enough for a while until I can afford better.

You're most likely still somewhat sick. Focus on eating right, drinking enough water and sleeping as much as possible.

It's fine. I haven't really noticed much of a difference between c4 and the more expensive shit.

Try 'em see if they suit you. I find it uncomfortable having the knurled bar in my elbow nooks with any real weight. I would try front squats also. They feel much more natural to me than back squats

Attached: 1502587497704.jpg (540x719, 121K)

what's the best flavour?
had blue raz for savage roar or whatever and it was average.. thinking lemonade.

sets total per day
Sounds about right. 5 exercises at 4 sets/per
>>no rows after deadlifts
I wouldn't do heavy bent over BB rows after deads, but no reason you can't do 8-12 rep range db rows/meadows rows
>>no oats for breakfast
then when are you supposed to eat oats?
reps for warm ups
again sounds about right. you just want to simulate the movement you are about to do, so the tendons "warm up" and the blood starts flowing.

Attached: autism test.png (960x951, 1.38M)

20%bf current
How low should I cut to before I bulk?
I've worked warehouse for 2 years, so is it safe to say my noob gains are all used up? My lbm is 21bmi if that helps determine anything.

I got next to no sleep last night, what should I do for today and tonight? Don't do much in terms of lifting but I do run.

>this loudmouthed texan slut at work is notorious for saying inappropriate things or doing inappropriate behavior at work, like sexual harassment type stuff
>she's done it like 5 times and still hasn't gotten fired for it

>today another coworker tells me this thing she did today
>something about how she told a male coworker of mine, this skinny asian guy, out of the blue that he seems like he has high estrogen levels and basically outright said that he has a small penis because of it

i was angry as fuck for the rest of the day because i know, i just KNOW that nothing is going to happen to her. either no one is going to report this or they'll just give her a slap on the wrist again. the female coworker who told me this told me to calm down and stop being so angry, am i in the wrong here Veeky Forums?

I’m 30lbs overweight. I’m starting stronglifts. Do I eat at maintenance or caloric surplus?

I've been reading Israetel's book and he's really adamant that training with weights below 75% is really suboptimal.

Meanwhile I've been doing 5/3/1+FSL where the vast majority of sets are below 75%.

Is Israetel right? wat do if not 5/3/1?

Currently I can sotts press 8x 55kg (@90kg BW). What rep range should I program towards?

Yes you are bc you are sidelining yourself and allowing this to happen multiple times.

didn't get a reply last thread. Is there any reason to still do barbell shrugs when my traps and upper back get hit a ton harder with heavy rack pulls?

When you still want the trap work but can't afford to dedicate that level of intensity/spinal loading because of other goals, that's when shrugs are awesome.

There's a lot of movements that hit traps hard. Shrugs have the advantage of being pretty low impact overall.

all the things in the past that happened with her, i didnt even know happened until people brought them up. i am honestly considering reporting this myself if the guy who she said this to is a pussy and doesnt, but i dont know if i can report something like this based on hearsay

How long should someone expect to take to be able to 1/2/3/4 from never lifting in their life?

Attached: 1515917088526.jpg (1456x1368, 104K)

"Boss, I wanted to bring to your attention the things I have heard others say about my coworker, texan slut. I wanted to be sure that you had heard. This is completely inappropriate behavior, and upsets me."

thats basically what i plan to do if this coworker of mine who this happened to doesnt say anything. i want to get basically word for word what she said to him (she even said this in front of other coworkers, apparently some were chocked even the gay one) and report this and demand she be fired for it if i go to work tomorrow and she is there

I started lifting in November as skinnyfat, I bulked first and I regret it. You can and will make gains even without counting macros as a newbie. I bulked and all of my lifts exploded but my goal is to get aesthetic so that doesn't mean much to me.

My advice: Cut, count macros, and do cardio at least 30 minutes 6 times a week.

Depends on your base strength level, some people on here say 6 months which is bullshit.. I'd say around 1 year of consistent lifting is fair.

Im 220 pounds. Ive lost 30 this year by only eating 1500 calories and exercising moderately. Heres my concern and question: I've been keeping it at 1500, but that 1500 calories is garbage food, Rice, stouffers, cheese, macaroni and i've still lost all this weight. If I keep it at 1500 calories per day how long can I keep losing weight while eating what I want?

Until your maintenance hits 1500.

Your health is probably going to be shit and your body comp won't be great but that won't effect weight loss.

guys how do you keep the balance between being able to take a joke about yourself and getting angry at people for insulting you. im this guy at work, because im an ugly sperg. my coworkers make fun of me because i eat bran cereal every morning, and a few eggs with my lunch every day. then they also say how im gonna be a great candidate to end up in our hospital's long term care area with the other crazy people

all i do is laugh along with it because i dont want to be the sperg who flies off the handle at getting teased, it doesnt really make me upset, but im just curious what the alphas of fit think

you should split their wigs

If I'm eating sufficiently and hitting the gym daily, yet losing weight, can I be confident that the weight loss is fat?

Attached: 1388252891293.gif (256x135, 229K)

I can see my top 2 abs, but my other 4 seem like they're fused together ...

how can I chisel my bottom four abs more? I'm already doing ab-rollouts

lose more fat

I've gotten down to 11% BF and I still couldn't see the bottom ones clearly

are hanging leg lifts the only answer? Because I'm /homegym/ so it's hard for me to do those

I'd say pay attention to your lifts, that's how you know.

The only answer is lose more fat.

And hope you're not one of the people without the tendon tissue that causes the segmentation. Not everyone is gonna have a discernible six-pack regardless of how lean they get.

>be me emaciated skelly
>decide to use some workout equipment at work
>use a seat chest press machine, only can do 70 lbs, it bring my right shoulder back far and feels uncomfortable but figure its right
>now right shoulder hurts a lot and im not gonna be able to do any other exercises like bicep, tricep, deltoid, rows, etc until it gets better

why do i bother Veeky Forums? what can i do to improve in the future?

Whatcha mean?

Is my form shit? I fucked up my back deadlifting a few months ago and am now squatting what I fucked my back at so I don't wanna screw my back up again.

youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ewglNoIo

Is running backwards on a treadmill beneficial or just retarded?

the mark of death is when it hits 300 posts you fucking retarded nigger

Attached: 1311304113126.png (414x407, 208K)

Muhammad Ali did that in case he had to retreat a lot in a match.

Did this for 6 months, plateaud. What are my options now?

Attached: a-visual-guide-to-stronglifts-5x5_52e2789bef9ac_w1500.jpg (1500x2122, 556K)

anybody try cutting with creatine? also anybody here who lost 100+ lbs can tell me how long it took for your loose skin to sort itself out/what height/weight you were at when you started to get any type of ab definition

Bump

This is NOT a troll question but how can I avoid making my legs get big? I only want upper body aesthetics so that I can still wear Veeky Forums pants. My goal is something like pic related. Big enough that people will notice your muscles with well fitting clothes, but small enough to be Veeky Forums.

Attached: ottermode.jpg (524x585, 73K)

I mean, I'm no expert, but I can't imagine having your arms that tight on the bar helps keep your back strong. Also looks like you're leaning forward too much.

Lighten your load when you're happy with your legs

I swear you DYEL's assume that building muscle is quick and easy.

Aside from people at risk of balding I hear only good things about creatine cutting or otherwise.

How long should my workouts be, Veeky Forums?
Here's the general breakdown:
>10min running
>10-15min stretching, abs, and pushups
>40-45min pumping iron
I'm 160lbs, 5'10" (will never make it, but...). I'm just building lean body mass, don't want to bulk up past 175lbs or anything. What would you say as my personal trainer?

Attached: 1520621001649.png (1000x714, 998K)

Leaning forward on the way down? Also I got the arms tight thing from Alan thrall, I kind of think about pulling myself into the bar to get a tight rack for it and it seems to help me keep my core tight

He means the only way to really know for sure is if you can continue to lift the same amounts

I would highly recommend not doing cardio before a lifting session. It just tires you out and the idea of stretching and doing accessories before compounds is counter-productive.

First time switching a workout tomorrow , how do I know how much weight to start on?

Going from SL to PHUL and no idea how to estimate this shit

Look at your legs in the mirror and don't add more weight if they're big enough

Oh, yeah, I do.

Fat boy here, started doing intensive bike workouts 20 minutes a day and eating way less than before, is this okay for a start? If I do more I get nauseus and don't feel well later. Yesterday was hard but today it was a bit easier, in a few days I might increase to 30 minutes and so on, what do you guys think?

I'm not an expert user but I did go from 286 to 177lbs recently.

The most important part of what you are doing is building routines and habits to strengthen yourself. Going to the gym each week isnt hard once you've done it for awhile but it's hard when it's not your routine.

So starting off, cardio is fine and work on other habits. Brushing your teeth more, cleaning your room, anything that you can time and schedule because your habits strengthen your other habits.

Here is the practical weight loss advice I can give you.

Don't eat to little, you need to eat under your caloric maintenance, that will cause you to lose weight. Most people suggest -500 under your caloric maintenance because in 7 days, thats -3500 calories and 3500 calories equals 1lb. To calculate your caloric maintenance look up a TDEE calculator, it's pretty simple. At first maybe more than 500 is fine but DO NOT go extreme at all with it. You put yourself at risk for lots of problem, lower test, hair falling out, vitamin deficiencies etc. Speaking of which, make sure you take a good multi vitamin and after you've lost substantial weight get some blood test done to make sure you're not deficient in anything. Try to eat a well balanced, high protein diet to avoid losing any muscle you already have.

As far as exercise goes, cardio is alright. In the end it's all about body fat percentage. Elliot Hulse on youtube have a video suggesting weight lifting while losing weight. While you might not see results until much later, when you get to the last remaining lbs. you will look a lot better.

Why are you switching? Have you plateaued?

If you've been lifting to the point where you're changing programs you should already have a pretty clear image of what you're able to lift.

The most important thing to fix for a fatty is their diet. It can't be overstated: weight is lost in the kitchen, not through exercise. Exercise isn't bad on top of this, but exercising to the point where you're nauseous generally is a bad sign. If you are, try not to eat right before a workout. Some people are more sensitive to food in their stomach close to an exercise. Personally I can't eat anything more than 200 calories 2 hours before a workout is a recipe for wanting to puke.

And if you're really fat (obese) I would avoid any and all high-intensity exercise until you're under 25% BF.

Dude... I am scrawny too (not even emaciated), and I don't do 70 on the chest press. I have figured out the machines by now and discovered that if the range of motion feels uncomfortable, it's probably wrong. Poke around the machine to see if there's a couple ways to adjust it. Normally with the machines at my gym, more than the seat can be adjusted (the seated chest press at mine has a way to make the grip move more forward).

And try starting with low weight. Then add some more. Do a full body workout for the first little while to get your muscles used to the stress.

Oh yeah I'm This user's comment about not eating too little is very important. As tempting as it sounds high deficits are usually worse for you than better. Once you are under 20% you should never be cutting more than 500 calories.

Yeah I plateaued

I know what I can lift but not sure what to do on lifts I've never done before.

yeah thats exactly what mine has, im gonna move the handgrips forwarda notch or two

btw i didnt start on 70, i started at like 55, and within a few weeks i got up to 70 but my arms wobble by rep 7 or so lel

That's probably what I'm going to have issues with the most, I've eaten junk and all kinds of trash and gotten used to it that I don't know what a healthy meal looks like or what actual vitamins and minerals I need, I know that I need to keep up a regular intake of protein to not lose the muscle mass I have, I've got that down but I completely suck at planning meals. What do you guys eat that keeps you healthy and full? For now I've been drinking a lot of water and haven't had a full meal yet, just bits of bread and yogurt every couple of hours, following the whole eating more times a day but less rather than 1 or 2 big meals a day

I started out similiar to you although I was "scrawny" on the inside from losing 100 lbs. I did 65 lbs on the Flys Machine and 60 on the shoulder press. I now do 185 on the flys and 170 on the shoulder press. Keep working away and eat right. Drink protein shakes (if you can't be bothered to cook chicken every single day). You'll get there, I did.

HELLO HELP PLS HELLO HELP
Is it possible to eat too much bread when bulking? I eat 4 dempsters bagels per day. It says they have 7g of protein each. Can I trust that?

Forgot my attention grabbing image plS HELP ME

Attached: 4exa0sf3xi001.jpg (933x1124, 206K)

Why is my bench so low? My OHP is approaching my bench (I'm a noob) and I have no idea what is wrong. I started working on my form today and my bench actually went down!

Does anybody have a good youtube channel on proper bench form?

Attached: 1520667436233s.jpg (235x250, 9K)

Top kek.

Attached: images (53)-1.jpg (288x200, 18K)

Your form on one or both is terrible.

It's more aimed at powerlifting but Dave Tate's "so you think you can bench" on youtube is about the gold standard for that sort of thing. Relatively long though.

just lift as much as you can where you're still able to complete your sets. It's really not that hard user.

If you're a fat fuck who hasn't been lifting or in a physical job (IE: Lifting heavy shit consistently), you don't have much muscle mass to begin with.

You need to completely relearn calories, carbs, fats, and protein. It's extremely important to understand what nutrients do what and why they're all important in a healthy diet. The one thing I can say for you to cut out entirely would probably be excess sugar. That means no sodas, candy, creamer for coffee, sugary snacks, etc. Sugar is non-filling and basically just terrible for your body.

3 best tools to help with initial weight loss:
Food scale (don't buy a "smart" one it's a waste of money)
Weight scale
Calorie counter

Otherwise, eat high volume foods like rice, salads, chicken, veggies, and for god's sake learn how to read a nutrition fact label.

that's a lot of bagels. not very good carb:calorie ration. I'd cut back on them.

It's better if you post a video, no one (including you) can see what's wrong without a direct comparison.

holy shit incels are so pathetic

they are the ultimate r9k loser

Attached: 1369011424444.gif (400x276, 559K)

I normally eat 2 but just started trying to double everything I eat because I'm struggling to hit my calorie goal

t. bagel guy

Thanks for your help

just eat nuts dude. Invest in big-ass container of cashews or almonds or something.

I used to play basketball when I was 17 and wasnt done my growing. I was 5'7'' and I could grab the rim. I'm 19 now and 5'8''and a half and Ive been doing powerlifting for 6 months now. I know the deadlift is an amazing exercise to make you jump higher, and recently I deadlifted 520lbs at 180lbs. I am bulking but am cutting soon. Do you guys think I could dunk if i cut down to 170lbs ish?

I sprained my thumb somehow. Probably won't be able to lift with my left hand for a month. What do in the meantime?

>feel discomfort in the right side of my tummy
>constant stench of shit
It's going for 3 months like this, was even worse at the beginning, couldn't even sleep lying on the right side. Anyone knows what it could be? I have no time to go to the doctor.

Is doing double overhand on my warm-ups and mixed grip only on my working set enough to prevent muscle imbalances?

Attached: images (23).jpg (348x347, 15K)

just do it all with overhand, dude

you can train grip strength with BB finger rolls, and keep DL'ing and your forearms/grip will thank you.

mixed grip is never ideal, it causes fairly minor imbalances, but introduces the risk of a torn bicep, among other things. It's straight inferior (in my opinion)