Hey r/fitness, I decided I want shoulders now

hey r/fitness, I decided I want shoulders now.

never worked out in my 18 years of life, literally a skeleton, no muscle mass, no exercise equipment, too poor for college gym subscription, can't do a single push up. I eat super healthy though. 5'11 and weigh 135 lbs.

do I have any hope? I just wanna be a big boy now

Attached: meow.jpg (310x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IAoLAg6yhXc
youtube.com/watch?v=M9nBWn-IuwU
youtube.com/watch?v=1RbdiqZHg3s
youtu.be/erKJOb51bCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jesus christ you are 18 get the fuck out

damn, didn't know there was an age requirement on exercise. sorry bro, I'll see you in a few years then, yeah?

Vro, we all can make it. Start with very simple calisthenics if you can't hit a gym. Do modified pushups in place of regular ones until you get strong enough to do them properly.

The benefit here is that you can do two things. First, you can do calisthenics in the privacy of your home, so you don't succumb to the need to ego lift. Second, you can start to build the habit of working out every day or however long you want to go.

My biggest piece of advice: FORM IS KEY. No matter what you're doing, make sure you are in control of the exercise, even if that means killing your ego to get better. You're gonna make it bro.

Attached: callisthenics_progression.jpg (2481x6600, 1.79M)

you are underage

hey, some actual advice! thanks man, this is actually really helpful. I'll try and get into the habit of doing these regularly, thanks again bro

hmmmm not sure what you're referring to here; last I checked you have to be 18 to use Veeky Forums. or is this once again the age requirement thing on exercise. I'll have to brush up on my law knowledge, my b

anyone who is under 20 is underage

>t. 21 yo
Shut the fuck up you pretentious DYEL faget.
27 here.

I was in your exact same situation (same height and weight) - start lifting.
>can't afford a gym membership
yes you can. you're just not prioritizing it.

Lifting practically gave me a second puberty. I guarantee you you've stunted your growth to a degree with how little you're eating, because that was the same exact thing that happened to me. I grew a few inches and put on a lot of muscle in a short amount of time.

Yeah bro, don't listen to these fools, you're not to young to workout. Also, I gotta use this time to emphasize something else: DIET. You gotta eat big to get big, or at least eat clean to get clean. Chicken will become a staple of your diet. Thankfully this infographic shows how to properly prepare a chicken. Also, here's two vids that make chicken glorious:

youtube.com/watch?v=IAoLAg6yhXc

youtube.com/watch?v=M9nBWn-IuwU

Get those on those youth gains, vro

Attached: brine_chicken_recipe.png (832x832, 322K)

I'm 26, will be 27 in 2 months

Attached: images.png (205x246, 5K)

Lmao that 30 years old mad

Dont listen to the 30 years old jelly loosers bro

This was me at 18 when i had a +90 KG weighted dip x8 reps and a weighted pull up max of 175 KG 75 KG bodyweight +100 kg extra

I was also able to do one arm pull up with +20 kg , but i didnt focus on them

I also had a max curl of 40 kg with one arm and a 55 kg one arm press for reps

The firtst time i ever touched a barbeƱl i deadlifted 140 KG fot reps lmao and i didnt even work out legs, this is the power of youth bro, oldies cant even compete now my path is different than lifting but im always up to help my young fellows
Remain with the basics

Pull ups
Dips
Squats

And add weight as long as you keep progressing man, do curls and presses to vary as well

Attached: 1472789961662.jpg (1600x1200, 348K)

Forgot to mention, every set you do, do it to failure, get those muscle burn bro

Go beastmode, lordvital best motivation you will ever find, google him

>mfw when bald, in my 30s and /fat losing weight and training
i am a fucking meme /fit, you're killing me
at least i am not a manlet tho

Attached: 1520831787896.jpg (613x568, 37K)

I mean, I literally don't have a job as of right now, full time student lmao
Gonna be trying to do some work over the summer though, I can probably put some priority on a gym after that. you give me some hope tho dude, I'll get there one day

noted. I eat really healthy as is, but I'll try and eat a lot more than I do currently. that should help me get some weight on these bones.

hahaha don't worry, I'm just playin with him.
you're inspirational tho my man, hoping youth will help me through adrenaline and endurance. thanks for the tips, I'll do my best and keep those muscles burning.

btw, just wanted to make sure I got all this shit covered; I know squats will be good for getting my legs beefed up, but will relying on pushups and dips be enough for the arms? figured I'd need to find some way to do some lifting. also interested in what would do best for gettin abs, but I assume all exercise in general would help work towards that.
anyways, thanks a lot my dudes, bout time I got started on this shit.

My experience with training is if you want to improve a muscle group, hit it directly if you can. Ideally, you'd like to hit biceps, triceps, and shoulders for your arms. However, without equipment your options are limited.

Here's a full body calisthenics routine if you have absolutely zero equipment. Since you're starting from scratch, it's likely going to be a challenge, but I'd imagine you could take the exercises in them and use them for your needs:
youtube.com/watch?v=1RbdiqZHg3s

youtu.be/erKJOb51bCI

Infographic slightly related as it's another sample full body calisthenics routine you can try.

Attached: simple_callisthenics_model.png (1279x342, 22K)

thanks mate. additionally, any reason I should be exercising 3/4 times a day instead of every day? I suppose that will be answered naturally once I start feeling sore everyday.

sorry lmao, I mean 3-4 times a week, not a day.

nice pic, i kekd at the not brining and will be trying this tomorrow.

I used to be /fat/ over 230+ pounds, start doing calesthenics and then move your weight up to lifting. We all know you want to go to the gym but that is not priority right now. If you cant even do a push up you cant be lifting. Start slow, eat more like the guy said form is key. Dont forget squeeze your chest when doing pushups, eat everything you see - based on your weight. Start a daily routine of just prison workouts once you can do that and feel comfortable hit the weights.

>>eat
>>sleep
>>workout
>>repeat

I'm no expert, but I figure it mainly depends on the program you do. Like if I do 5x5 or some kind of full body routine, it's generally a good idea to recover between sessions rather than just going all the time. Like, it'd be a bad idea to do a killer leg workout and then hit them again the next day without giving them a chance to recover. Whatever the case may be, it's usually a good idea to have a few days where you don't workout just to let your body recover.

yeah dude brining changed my life. It works for turkey too. Making a killer brined turkey for Thanksgiving is GOAT.

>. 5'11 and weigh 135 lbs.
you have to gain at least 60 pounds to look decent, im not even exaggerating

im gonna get regular boneless breast tomorrow, you have any other special seasons you use?

Forgive us OP

I don't remember a time in my life (21 y/o) I couldn't do a pushup. You should really work on performing such a basic movement a few times before you even dream about being a big boy.

will do man, thanks. definitely gonna keep the squeezing chest part noted.

right right right, forgot you can't over-exercise or it'll just tear the muscles up instead of actually developing. thanks

>tfw a few months ago I weighed 114 at the same height
yeah thats no surprise. right now I just wear a coat everyday to campus so I dont look like a faggot kek

you're not wrong man, you're not wrong. I've been avoiding it for too long, but now I'm scared my metabolism is gonna finally catch up to me and then it'll be too late.

just did about 48 reps of squats, 24 reps of wall-push ups, and 24 reps of box push ups. I'm feelin good and ready to fix this shit body, albeit that exercise completely wore me out for the night.

Honestly, I just made the pork rub as per that video. It's fairly quick to make and it's not too bad. A lot of it is just trial and error really.

i bet you've been skinny your whole life.
i can do rows of 25 reps now but i'am lifting 98kg bodyweight now, 125kg before

I'm in pretty much the same situation
same age, but im 6'3 and about 185
i started working out 3 weeks ago (basics) and my back pain is already gone
anything tips? i dont have acces to the gym for now, but i have a barbell, pull up bar, and a few smaller dumbells.
i have fairly wide shoulders, so i hope i stop growing and dont end up too lanky

If you want shoulders, you need to roid

you obviously dont train right

I used to be built like you.

Arnold Presses made my delts balloon outward like a motherfucker. I can barely get through doors. I have to sleep in an airplane hanger. .