Deadlift Frequency

Real shit, is it unhealthy deadlift again 2 days after I hit a 1RM?

Other than the 315 I hit a 5x5 on 225 and my back feels fine. I’m tryna deadlift again tomorrow but I don’t want to fuck up my back. Lmk

Attached: 4FC7C37C-C6C2-4666-959D-AD6DCA3A8571.png (640x1136, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/intermediate-and-advanced-training-a-few-ideas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>straps for 3pl8

I wouldn't make a habit of maxing out multiple times per week, but once won't kill you

>Can't double overhand 3 plate
>lifting shirtless in a fucking busy gim

Unhealthy? Not unless your form breaks down.

Good idea? Depends how badly that 1RM blew you out and what the rest of your program looks like.

Put your shirt on lmao

those numbers are too low to be having to worry about your spaghetti spine being affected

ignore these salty bitches, user. You look like a total chad shirtless, and I assume you're making progress on your deadlift, and will have it up to 4 plates soon enough no doubt.

I find that I can make great strength gains deadlifting only once per week, I'd say if you're going to lift a second time in the week go ahead, but maybe do some lighter accessory work instead of high RPE.

Attached: 1518498465286.png (924x720, 1.04M)

two days is a bit close, more than twice a week isnt generally recommended. not necessarily dangerous but sub optimal

No

very true. Those muscles recover much slower than ones like forearms, traps, and calves, which can be worked pretty much every day. Takes a proper week usually for a full recovery.

Nothing fuels me more than lifting shirtless

why you have shirt off, gross

Lol you're a fucking prick and you make the women uncomfortable and the men laugh at you

Right now my split is pretty basic, chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, legs. I’m trying to change it up to build more mass and hit 1/2/3/4 before September, idk if it’s possible

for just about everything aside from deadlifts, frequency is of key importance, in that you should be hitting every muscle group at least twice per week, deadlifts being the only exception. I advise either push/pull/legs, or a full body split. Either way, good luck on reaching 1/2/3/4 bud!

Attached: 1520570272232.gif (275x310, 878K)

my nigga all i do is progress in 1rm. of course it is. it's fine.

>>back feels fine

fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL AZIZAM DEADASS IT BE LIKE THAT

How does it feel to deadlift less than drug tested girls in the -47kg Junior class?

>caring about what other people think of you
>not lifting shirtless like a caveman
Sick confidence faggot

So is there a rule that you have to be a certain amount of jacked to lift shirtless, because you definitely don't qualify

i lift close to 2pl8 double overhand but with straps because my grip is weak af even when i do grip/forearm training multiple times a week (farmer walks, wrist curls, plate pinch hold/carries)

does grip improvement just take a long time or am i doing something wrong? if i forgo straps my grip gives out after 1pl8

on a sidenote, i'm a 125lb femanon

If you're doing double over hand learn hook grip. Or use mixed grip unless you're doing sumo.
Chalk helps as well.

My grip is still stronger then average because of rock climbing that I quit 20 years ago. So climbing is the best but aside from that working with a power putty helps a lot.
Dead hang would help as well and use a timer to measure prrogress.

i cant hook grip, my hands are so tiny they manage to just fit around the oly bar like that, hooking the thumb is impossible

tho, I'm gonna look into mixed grip. do I switch the pronated hand every dl workout?

Gg

You're a manlet. Kys

oh that sounds good too, thanks!

Hes a faggot. Faggots are attention whores

Op is obviously a manlet faggot.

But i tried to train shirtless in my gym and the beta faggot instructors got so jelly...

The next day i bought one of those tank tops that cover only the nipples kek

> nSuns six day deadlift variation
8 sets of maximum effort and PR attempt every Tuesday, Sumo at 75% of max on Thursdays and Saturdays.

I switch every set and always do and even number of sets.

Dont listen to these jelly haters OP, if thats you you're looking good.

buncha fat faggots critiquing without showing their lifts.

Just use straps, who fucking cares.
Dont do hooked or mixed or any of that other autistic bullshit, unless you are competing there is 0 reason not to use straps if you already have them and are comfy with them

fit is just autistic and insecure so they think using any sort of aid means the lift doesn't count or something. It's unscientific bro nonsense like a lot of the stuff you see on fit in general

My first thought.

This place is ruining me

>1 rep max
>315

Put your fucking shirt on, boy.

Its always unhealthy to deadlift

Hard truth time; every deadlift you do is damaging your spine and you will snap yourself eventually. Unlike muscles your spine doesnt repair quickly, in fact it can take weeks, to months to years or even never if the damage is extensive enough.

It should honestly be a instant ban to even post deadlift on Veeky Forums. You might as well just fucking jump off a 10 story building and land on your ass if you're going to rip your spine in two with them.

lmfao such an ignorant post

do a few degrees before you make claims like this again because people with PHDs say the exact opposite of all the bullshit you just spewed

>it’s unhealthy to pick things up from the floor

Attached: C36E5F93-871A-4F6D-A3B7-3EFFA1C3C463.png (974x971, 110K)

>guys who can deadlift 300+kg have weak, damaged spines

ok bro nice b8

Do mixed grip, or learn hook grip. Would recommend mixed first as hook is more advanced. Would advise you to steer clear of straps altogether, you do NOT want your grip limiting your deadlift.

Pls don't switch your overhand every workout

>unless you're doing sumo
sumo mixed grip is fine af what you talkin bout Willis

>lifting the same as pro athletes after 6 months to 1 year of training

Women in sports are a meme

I'd cringe so hard if i saw some manlet twink lifting lmao3pl8
>with straps
>shirtless
>propably dropped the weight
>Propably grunted

always wondered how straps work.

Do they not put alot of pressure on the wrist?

you don't even step foot in the gym, who are you to judge?

honest question, if i am doing 315 for 10 can i still use the straps. i always make sure to warmup without them and do my other barbell movements without them as well, but with dead lifting i can only do a couple before the bar slips from my hand. i used chalk for a little bit but ran out and there are always straps around at my gym.

as the bar rolls, the straps will tighten. you don't feel it on your wrist at all.

be kind, he's clearly a manlet

Look how tiny his forearms are.

Unless you are starting to get into 220kg+ territory, you are probably fine doing didly twice a week, dependent on your intesity level. I wouldn't do an RPE 9+ 2x week, but a heavy and light day should be perfectly fine.

do as much as you can wihtout straps and if you feel your grip is too weak for the next set. use straps. no problem

I cringe that you have all this gay little criteria to make yourself feel better about your baby lifts

Is it ever sensible to do something as CNS heavy as deadlifting 5x5?

no nigga there isnt if your gym is cool with it.

My old gym had a fun policy if you lift shirtless you get a free Gatorade or a protein bar, more then half the gym was shirtless even skeletons and hippos. It actually creates a pretty casual, less judgmental environment. Not a lot of females which I considered a plus.

yes, allowing your grip strength to negatively effect your big lifts is retarded

Short answer, yes
Long answer, listen to you body, after lifting a while, you should be able to spot the difference from soreness and worrysome pain, being a bitch and true fatigue.

Have you considered the 4day upper lower from practical programming? It seems to fit your goals and your current training level
startingstrength.com/article/intermediate-and-advanced-training-a-few-ideas

>i lift close to 2pl8 double overhand but with straps because my grip is weak af even when i do grip/forearm training multiple times a week (farmer walks, wrist curls, plate pinch hold/carries)
Dont train your grip that much. Its still really week and just doing deadlifts will make it stronger. More then that will just interfere with the development of it when you are at that level.

You probably have tiny hands, using a regular barbell with tiny hands is like a regular male hand lifting with fat grips, the possible weight lifted will be significantly less.

The funniest part is I exclusively use straps and forgot them when I went to a gym one day and was able to hook my usual weight of 455 but on a hard knurling bar with chalk.

Either straps making you have weak grip is a total fucking meme or just by doing shit like barbell/pendlay rows I made up for it.

Fatigue wasn't my only concern. It's form breakdown due to lack of concentration brought on from excessive repetition. Though I guess "listen to your body" is an answer to that too. 3x5 seems to be the point where I have to keep reminding myself of cues and find myself out of position.

A 140lb twink doing 3pl8 is more impressive than johnny permabulk's 5pl8 at 250lb BW

Disgusting

fucking hell you nonces, deadlifting often when you aren't lifting silly weights is fine
you aren't going to overtrain if you're only doing 5 hours of training a week for christ's sake

Thank for the (You)s.
Just remember, everybody laughs at you when you struggle with 3pl8 and act like a tough guy about it.

>mfw i could go to snap city from just doing weighted stand ups

Attached: 1486568280766.jpg (1252x1252, 111K)

better yet, start getting into OWG. Snatch and clean help my grip enough that I can do all my heavy deadlifting with straps and still have no problems with grip.
Light pulling 3-4 times per week and volume deadlifts 1 day per week is bringing me really close to a 5pl8 diddly at 77kg/170lbs. Not gonna win me any meets, but I'm happy with my progress.

maybe he's doing 5x12x3pl8. Fuckah youah.

What about his shoes?

Attached: 4chan 404 lol soldato.jpg (600x337, 65K)

not gonna lie to you it was just 1

Also I will continue to wear these shoes until they fall off my feet

Show your legs. So we can judge you even more!

That's a strong back,,bitchs like nice shoes, you need some too

Attached: FB_IMG_1521657122153.jpg (600x450, 28K)