Is farm strength real?

Is farm strength real?

Attached: 71DCAAAE-29EB-4857-B950-779FA7262E93.jpg (1067x1600, 341K)

Why wouldn't it be?

Most of it is done with machinery these days. I don't think that guy is a legit farmer

That's a picture of a model, not a farmer

A human still tosses the shit the machine spits out and stacks it

That guy is not a legit farmer and no legit baler would ever go shirtless ever do you know how scratchy alfalfa and other common feeds are. Most strong farmers dont have that build anyway theyre often way skinnier or way fatter

No shit that's not a real farmer Sherlocks

>Those boots
>Clean jeans
>Clean gloves
>Carrying the hay bale like an idiot
>Says "farm boy" everywhere
Hes just a model, not a farmer
t. farmer

No they dont

How much does a bale of hay weigh?

Half the weight of two bales of hay

JUST SOME SOUTHERN BOYS, WITH THE FARMER STRENGTH

its real but every farmer has a power belly. They are also the best dudes to have your back during a fight.

Depends.

Alfalfa can weigh 80 or more. Straw and grass are lighter. But no one really uses small squares anymore.

t. skinnyfat farmer

I noticed some construction guys are like this. The old guys are fat but strong af

It's the big drinking culture

He isn't even Mexican. Of course he's not a real farmer

>brother's friends lifting in our garage
>165 deadlifts
>dad laughs and says something about them being pussies
>they offer my dad to lift it
>dad is framer all his life
>lifts bar to mid thighs curls the bar for 10 reps
>puts the bar down
>all their jaws on the floor

can you blame them for drinking a cold beer after being out in the sun busting your ass all day

and the floors name? Arnold Schwarzenegger.

>165 deadlift
Brah

Around here it's more like half liter of vodka every couple days

The secret to farmer strength and construction worker strength is actually pretty simple. It's all about the grip.
I guarantee if you take any of these beer belly people with you to the gym you will cleanly outlift them when it comes to barbells and dumbells with nice, regular weight distribution and easy grip. Construction and farm work however often require the lifting of irregular loads, and as a result your average gym autist can't simply translate all their strength in a 4pl8 deadlift over to carrying sacks of concrete or 2x8s. Worker grip is way better than the average gym rat, hell just try hammering nails all day and it gives your forearms a better burn than during wrist curls most of the time.

they were all high schoolers thought they were strong with their shitty lifts

Any blue collar strength is real. Ever shake hands with someone who works with their hands daily?

My dad is a retired crane mechanic. I watched him run up two 20ft tall flights of stairs with a 5 gallon bucket FULL of assorted nuts and bolts in one hand, and a bundle of steel pipe on the opposite shoulder. At the time, I was a kid and could barely get a five gallon bucket of oil up those stairs.

Later, when I got into blue collar labor, I could regularly carry two full size oxygen cylinders (for use with a torch) on my shoulders.

farmers not so much because of machinery
but construction and some industrial works are fucking heavy, my dad own a safety glass company and as i was learning the whole process i spent 1 month on the production area, glass is much heavier than it looks, and lifting glass during 8 hours is a though thing to do

I bet you're the same guy, sitting in front of this thread giggling over his own jokes.
I keked too though

Attached: mjc5g2jgPV1r543i5o1.jpg (1024x683, 178K)

we use round bales now so i dont have to touch that shit

farmer's carry is real shit

No my uncle and Grandpa are Farmers and they're out of shape.

Yeah, try tossing shit all day to stack it. You'll get back injuries and bad knees, not a fucking ripped body.

Every farmer I know is strong as fuck. But usually 15-25% body fat so they aren't aesthetic looking.

Never fight a farmer. He'll fuck you up.

This. You don't have to be an expert to see that that guy never worked a day on the farm

Lol, that's what incels say about strength training, too.

>that hat
>farmer
legit farmers ive met wear worn out carhartt stuff

The older ones that have been working on a farm for years tend to have insane grip strength.

Sure, though it's overblown, especially now.

I lived in bumfuck scotland for 18 yrs. They're all just fat alcoholics from my viewpoint, I used to work on a lot of farms and all farmers do is drink and eat shitty diets.

t.ex gf was farmer's daughter

that guy in picrelated isn't a farmer, he's a model.
But yes, anyone who has done manual labour their whole life will have huge strength, but their bodies aren't asethetic(to most Veeky Forumszens).

my grandfather is 93, had his own farm for decades and after that became a carpenter/furniture maker.

His hands, are very large.
His grip, is insane.
Would have liked him to jerk me off in his prime

no

yeah. but it's more about form and willpower. citycucks don't know how to lift something because they've never done it before.

Maybe. I grew up on a tomato and cattle farm. I've always been viewed as exceptionally strong for my weight. When I weighed like 140 lbs at 16, I could roll a hay bale of around 800 lbs over 100 yards to feed cattle. I did this for football exercise instead of using the tractor. When other kids were riding bikes, I was tossing 50 50lb bags of sweet feed off of truck beds at a time when I was like 14. My back and core were always strong as a motherfucker from stooping to pick crops for days on end. That type of work coupled with growing up eating very calorie dense home cooked meals every single night just makes you inherently strong as a motherfucker. You won't look anything like OP pic though, that guy spends more time in front of a mirror than he does farming.

Running along-side a trailer picking up 50lbs of hay and throwing them on kicked my ass the first couple of summers. Three summers later, I was used to it.

t. assmad countryboy

My dad was a construction worker, arms like a fucking python in his prime. Now he's got a gut but he's still strong enough to move around cabinets 2-3 times his weight. The reality is, is that these guys screw their bodies up so bad with irregular lifting that they die by 60. They could absolutely be ripped in their prime but after there isn't a point to it. Most 50+ year old guys already have a wife and kids and just couldn't be bothered adding any kind of restriction or training on top of their miserable jobs. They're too old and out of their prime to.

Oh man.

Yes

Attached: Amishball.jpg (577x765, 71K)

Yes. Usually it's called retard strength.

Attached: deliv01-465x348.jpg (465x348, 37K)

More real than most strength training I reckon. I know guys who are way past 2/3/4 plaet and still suck at armwrestling, pushups, wrestling and can't throw a heavy object or even a ball.

A lot of these "powerlifters" train ONE single variation of each lift until they get really effective at lever abusing max amount of weight at the shortest possible ROM, essentially doing all in their power to make the lift easier. Not to mention NEVER doing a lift or activity that requires power, except for those powercleans because they worshipped rippletits for a couple of months.
Then they wonder why they are weak as fuck when presented with an actual test of strength.

A well rounded athlete, farmer, construction worker etc will have a to them suprising amount of strength because they actually used their bodies instead of getting fantastic at moving weight X from A to B in a very specific manner while cheating as much as humanly possible. Even putting these people on a legpress will expose them because they havnt really used their fucking legs in squatting but rather increased their numbers by technique and CNS adaption for a specific thing.

>flyover hicks

Body, lets go.

I know ops guy is a faggot but still, lets get the farmer physiques in here

it's heavy as fuck to work with machinery, try changing a tire or having to fix something, the pic probably not real, probably no aestethic, but boy they are strong

Attached: man-changing-a-tractor-tyre-uk-dh3f03.jpg (640x445, 102K)

Amazing deductive skills

Attached: 1520284683294.png (298x289, 67K)

>17 year old kid comes into work
>build like a brick shithouse, stubble on face
>he mentions he is 90kg (solid muscle too) and is country bloke
>his forearms are bigger than most ADULTS at the gym
>plot twist: this kid wasn't 17, he was 15

You should take better care of your equipment if you are frequently changing tires.

i used it as an example, a tire, a plow disc, working with animals...basically everything in a farm means physical work

Attached: pialando novillo.jpg (720x960, 89K)

pls post pics

It's less nowadays, but there's always stuff and dirty work that machines can't do. Depends on the farm of course, but for myself there aren't many visible gains other than forearms and upper back to be had. You develop more of a "hidden" strength that can be used in awkward positions, I've seen my uncle do some weird, explosive shit and he doesn't look particularly strong. You also get pretty wiry.

And you also get sick forearm gains from petting these oinkers

Attached: having a relax.png (598x1063, 1.01M)

And SS doesnt give you a ripped body, so...

god i fucking hate cityfags

He might have rowed it for 10 reps but curling it would basically make him an elite level lifter

>The secret to farmer strength and construction worker strength is actually pretty simple. It's all about the grip.

No, actually.
It's a phenomenon called "old man strength".
Their strenght comes from decades of practice.
The strength built by years of daily practice against heavy resistance builds a level of strength that no amount of gym bitchery can equal without a fuckton of drugs.

>165 in deads
Audible kek, i could lift that when i was 14

>I don't think that guy is a legit farmer
anyone seen my sides ?

>dad worked in a foundry for 20 years
>had office job the next 15
>never touched a weight, then or now
>his fatceps still stronger than me

Merchant marine strength is the real deal.

>Would have liked my grandfather to jerk me off in his prime
This is Veeky Forums, welcome.

Attached: 1358949258458.gif (172x192, 628K)

>is a life of physical labor likely to make you strong?
I fucking wonder, OP. Give me 15 minutes, google scholar, and some trolling through Youtube vlogs and I'll have an answer for you.

No, you will not be a strong as the guy who literally lifts weights professionally. Yes, you will be much stronger than your average person, and likely stronger than your average hobby lifter who is not particularly dedicated to pushing his limits.

do girls even care about back fat?
t. future body dysmorpher

fucking kek

yeah you'll squat and bench less than a lifter but when it comes to '''''real world'''' strength you'll mog him hard

oh fuck now I have that music in my head
>de de den den den den den den deng
>ne ne nen nen nen nen nen nen neng

>worked on uncle's farm every summer during my college years
>came back every fall ripped and picked up girls easy
>engineering degree, late nights, slacked on exercise
>come end of spring term be fat again
>repeat
Farm strength is ok and in my experience I had a rather demanding amount of physical work, but itwas unbalanced. That and during harvest you work 12+ hour days so you just don't get the rest you need.

It's overstated (i.e you won't be shredded and massive from farm work) but it is real.

Farmers are strong fat most of the time

I use square bales. Sell them to city folk for $$$

Not a farmer but I saw a mechanic once with the most insane forearms and huge, thick hands

You could tell just by looking at him that he would be insanely strong

My dad is a farmer and lots of my friends say I have farmer strength too. I think you’re on to something with the grip thing, Dads forearms are meaty and vascular as fuck.

Also they just work hard, people in gyms are there on leisure and often have to find stupid motivations like waifus and Hitler. Farmers are doing it for money to support their family and livestock

especially those muscles.
people who do real manual labour look way tighter than that roidboy.

>that disgusting mid section

city folks just dont get it

Absolutely. Not a cut up model physique, im just stronger than most normies. My grandpa is still crazy strong at 83

this whole thread is cityfag cope.
Farmers might not always be ripped, but they are strong as fuck because they live a very physical lifestyle.

oh

Attached: $_59.jpg (635x465, 21K)

I was raised in the country around farmers and layabout white trash. I laugh when people have pride about being raised there. It sucked man. Everything was an hour away, shit internet, everyone smelled like cigarette laced ass and was dirty. It's like having pride because you were raised in the projects or something. IT SUCKED.

>people in gyms are there on leisure and often have to find stupid motivations like waifus and Hitler

Attached: 56ab954c4de.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Yes, but they're also hauling around 30%+ BF.

All of my uncles and cousins have massive forearms, and I'm extremely jelly.

Attached: 1513532470597.png (571x520, 645K)

>I was raised in the country around farmers and layabout white trash.
>Everything was an hour away, shit internet, everyone smelled like cigarette laced ass and was dirty.
sounds like you were raised by the hill billies not farmers. Anyway your a citycuck if you are complaining about internet speeds. I was raised in the middle of bumfucking nowhere, and i choose to continue living here the people are friendly, well spoken for, half the farmers around are into their 60's and still doing more than the average 20 year old and i can go find solitude in the bush when i feel. The only downside is the lack of females but i work in the nearest city anyway so thats not much of an issue.

Attached: IMG_1034.jpg (691x597, 33K)

the thing is, given ~1 month of training you will prolly mog the brolifter in squat and bench too

>live in rural and live close enough to the city
Nice dude
Perfect spot to live tbqh

tfw farmer and gym

Attached: 1505037934704.jpg (500x450, 43K)

its for horse people with no strength, equipment or knowledge thereof. Its also probably the kind of people you can get the most money off

That's an incredibly warming photo user

Thanks for sharing

Attached: doggo!.jpg (313x380, 47K)

You better dating some A grade women user
I believe in you

Attached: snug.jpg (271x186, 6K)

I grew up on a farm. Real farm work (not 8 hrs on a tractor) will make your back, shoulders, and grip strong as shit. But you eventually break down from a life of labor if you keep doing the work the same way all the time due to imbalances