/fast/ #148 time to stop edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be [Open]

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI [Open]

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg [Open]

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Attached: 1509919238776.gif (480x270, 1.01M)

Can I sip while I fast?

Attached: SIPS Magazine Fall 2017.jpg (684x755, 451K)

Starting a a 4 day fast boys, wish me luck

Attached: CA225187-978A-4714-BCEF-A676D9EFFBBA.jpg (640x474, 53K)

No. Only water with salt and potassium

I took my first "poop" im 60 couple hours in. My poo ended up being mostly farts and looked like i shotguned poop dust into the toilet. Is that normal?

woo baby I'm gonna fast for 75 days

Since everyone larps and dosnt talk about progress I will be starting my first long fast and post results and answer questions. I will use this oreo box in all of my posts.

Attached: 15216440184181081313791.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

How long is long?

Just passed 96 hours.

Feels weird man

I have only done 3-5 day fasts in the past. By long I mean a week plus.

Hows it feel?

Is drinking coffee acceptable while IF to curb appetite for a while?
You niggas say to not use sugar nor sweeteners.
How do i get past the terribly bitter taste of coffee?

>How do i get past the terribly bitter taste of coffee?
Get good, scrub.

I wish you luck my friend

Attached: 1521122965252.gif (510x810, 931K)

Drink iced green tea

I recommend oi ocha

Did a week of fasting in july. It's cool, but be careful when refeeding. I went for a soup and pooped my pants after the 3rd spoonfull

how effective is if compared to omad? I´ve been doing if for 2 weeks and lost some weight, but it seems that everyone here does omad

Weird

Is it recommended to weight lift while fasting? How will it affect me gains?

>week
>long
Wew
Anyway tshirt user was posting his progress here

How long does an insulin response last after eating? Is it based on how much calories or carbs you eat?

40 hours into water fast
>5'-9"
>155 lbs
just trying to hit rock bottom before bulking back up a bit, feeling good, might go till Friday at this rate

Yes, glycogen is used up after 8-16 hours depending on how much you have in your system, soon after the insulin response ends

I get what your saying. I plan on going longer but I dont want to say a month and puss out. A week sounds like a realistic goal to start with. If I feel good at that time I will keep going.

I'm you're exact weight and height and I thought about cutting cus I didn't have shredded abs. I went on tnation forums and a few pros and coaches told me I was way too fucking small to be cutting. They called me soft and compared me to their 8 year old cousin if I did cut. So I'm bulking on clean foods. We're a buck 50 dude. Why are you cutting?

Salt and Potassium are unnecessary. I fasted for 28 days. Went from about 190 lbs to 160 (this was a few years ago) I went to the doctor and got blood work done around day 25 and all of my mineral levels were in normal ranges, the only thing that was bordering on low was my protein, but it was still in normal ranges as well.

Roll for how many hours you're gonna fast
Go

>not eating is better than just learning how to eat properly

Attached: 2127E2C8-6429-44C2-A5A9-35E0E87B714A.jpg (651x711, 68K)

should i fast during uni semester? how would that affect my grades?

If you want to, I used to fast in school all the time. you'll be fine

Starting my first fast today, roll

how do i explain to my parents i'm not eating?

Roll

If you're still living with them just tell them you eat on campus, and just one large meal a day.

Tell them you're fasting, explain the health benefits. If they are concerned offer to go to a doctor.

hopefully you're parents aren't stupid or irrational and they'll understand. There's also a pretty good fasting documentary on amazon that you could ask em to watch with you.

Rolling.
Already 44 hours in and today cravings are insane.Fucking coworkers are not talking about anything but food

"I started doing drugs and thats why I dont need to eat mom"

I've considered this. But I'm hesitant to attempt cutting fat while building muscle, I'm pretty good at managing these things separately.

I'm not even high body fat, maybe 15%. I just want to get super lean before starting a clean bulk.

Also- my goal of fasting is just as much about detoxing and giving my digestive system a rest and etc... as it is about cutting fat.

Also, those dudes might have totally different goals than us. I'm not trying to become the fucking incredible Hulk.

roll

>5'9
>220

Started fasting today itll be interesting to see the results
Plan on going at least 3 days wish me... fuck im day 4 on no fap too this might be rough

you genuinely don't need food for a few weeks, you'll be fine with salt potassium and vitamins

I was recommended by fat and fast to get into IF and Keto for weight loss. Im at 1.5 days in and aware it gets worse, but fuck detoxing from carbs and sugar is rough. I cant even sleep, I feel so crappy. But I refuse to give up bros

Attached: HELP.jpg (300x250, 32K)

Your a fucking liar
Your always pissing out salt and potassium and ypur body needs it. Dont spread dangerous info like that

I'm telling the truth, I had normal levels after 28 days of drinking nothing but water, and a shitload of water every day. Obviously these minerals would have been low if I needed salt and potassium supplementation.

Why don't you try fasting without and go to a doctor yourself like I have, before calling me a liar?

If you really can't sleep, I would have some carbs, at least for a while. Losing sleep is going to be worse for you in the long run

Can someone fill me in on apple cider vinegar? I've seen it suggested as a compliment for fasting.

Semi-serious question here. Instead of drinking snake juice, what if we just drank our own piss for the sodium and potassium? Or maybe drink someone else's piss? Would that suffice? I like the taste of piss better than snake juice. Won't this also infinitely recycle our sodium and potassium content if we just drink our own?

where do you acquire the potassium and salt from? do i order it online or just buy it at a store or some shit? followup, is salt like table salt?

I see how to do the salt and potassium but what about vitamins, how would I get them? Should I jist go to Walgreens and buy those Flintstone things?

Attached: Screenshot_20180207-175528.png (1440x2560, 1.74M)

108 hours so far, lets see how many more we cna do

Quick question. I did my first fast last week. I made it 72 hrs. Decided to make it a weekly thing and bought the ingredients to make snake juice. I started my fast Sunday at noon, and didn’t make up the snake juice til the 48 hour mark. I drank it throughout yesterday afternoon and evening.

Today I went back to regular water and drank 3 liters just this morning. I normally drink that in a day! Does this have to do with the snake juice? I made it according to specifications found here.

The level of sodium in piss is too high, so like salt water will just dehydrate you. Maybe if you dilute it though

Ok. I am the guy who fasted 28 days without salt or potassium supplementation and had normal levels at the end, my question to you guys supplementing is: How long are you fasting that you think you need to supplement?

how long before lifting should I eat not to be weaken by a few days fast?

You dont really need vitamins every single day. You should have a lot stored. A 4 day fast should work with only minerals, and maybe one lemon per day just to be safe.

how much did you drink when with snke juice?
everyone is different, I get headaches after one day if I use water only

Probably both the snake juice + then fasting itself.
Drinking plenty of water is ok, just drink some extra sodium if you are drinking too much water

Same literally exact body fat. I'm lean but I don't have enough muscle to cut. I would look way too skinny at 149 10% body fat. Weird though cus I have very good lifts (225x10 bench, 70lbs pu x5, etc) and also, they completely know the difference of naturals. They're pros and coach other pros. I took selfies and showed them. They told me I would look anorexic and I don't have enough muscle to cut. They suggested I bulk and put some muscle on because I'm not fat at all. So rn I'm clean bulking with just shit load of dairy, meat veggies and fruits. Cut out shit and sugar completely. 3000 cals a day w counting macros as well.

I did longer fast (21days)without salts and felt like shit.I could not workout because my heart was beating so fucking fast whenever I started to exercise and my head was spinning wheb I got up too fast.There is no reason to not take salts

I actually mixed what was recommended for I liter into three liters. 2 tablespoons of pink Himalayan salt and 1 tablespoon of no salt. Plus took magnesium supplement. I drank maybe half of that. It just seemed weird cause it was actually more diluted than recommended. On the upside over 72 hrs in and I feel way better than I did last week.

Yea. The reason I think that’s what it may have been is because last week at this point I barely drank anything cause I didn’t feel the need and as soon as I did I pissed it out clear.

htat seems like a good idea when doing a real fast in survival conditions as you can't get salt anywhere
dilute it though as said the other guy

not enough salt makes you feel like shit so that sounds normal
as for the concentration it seems to vary from one person to another but don't piss yourself dry if you don't use any salt

225x10 bench I mean

Yes because its probably your first fast

Good luck

Thanks for the advice.

You mean days right?
Anyways Rollio

How much loose skin does autophagy actually correct? Are there any image examples?

I don't know what your losing on omad but for most people they lose 1lb a day on water fasting (no exercise) and 3lbs a day dry fasting (no exercise)

I started doing weekly short fasts (4-5 days) in late january when I was about 96kg, now i weigh about 84kg, but I don't feel or look any different than before.
Was just wondering if this will change by the time I reach my goal of 70-75kg or will I look like some flabby deformed freak if I don't start exercising ASAP.

Does anyone have experience fasting while doing TRT (injecting exogenous testosterone?)

Will this affect anything?

So if we do a long fast, can we still lift weights or exercise? Isn't that dangerous?

No one on Veeky Forums will post their results but if you go on r/fasting there are plenty of photos

contrarry to ccommon belief, you need both low bf% and musle mass to look good

>tfw ~6 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight

What do I do when I reach it? do I stop fasting altogether? dial it back? I never thought I'd get here so fast

lift and do some weekly fasts

okay /fast/ I made snake juice
1 liter of water
fresh lemon juice
a shake of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of pink salt
1 tsp of potassium chloride

so I just dont eat and drink this every day for a couple weeks?
is this the correct way to fast or am I doing something incorrectly ?
how long can I go without drinking snake juice ?

anyone?

pepper and lemon are optionnal

You fucked up.
Lemon does not go to snake juice

any reason why I shouldnt put it in
it makes it taste a lot better and doesnt seem to have calories

It will fuck up your teeth. I'm pretty sure even snek man doesn't recommend it anymore.

Mouth wash with sodium bicarbonate afterwards to cut down the acidic effect of the lemon juice

Fasting lets your body repair gut system and other stuff, worth a try.

>how long can I go without drinking snake juice ?
Well I'm on day 4 right now and I haven't been doing snake juice, just salt in water and its manageable for me

Ty user it sounds like I have everything I need to get this done, any thought on homemade chicken noodle soup when i decide to eat, I figured it had everything from veggies to protein to some carbs and a nice broth to sooth it all down with a good amount of sodium

Fasting curbs your appetite and your stomach capacity far greater than a CICO or other diet ever would. It's effectively a hard reset.

it can go into snake juice, but if you are putting it in daily you should drink through a straw. Cole does still tell people its fine. Its good for your kidneys, because they will be filtering so many toxins from the fat.

Enormous 300lb landwhale, day 2 of X-day 0cal unsweetened tea fast, almost got *$ today but resisted. Lost my self control when I I started feeling dizzy and nauseous (after one fucking day!) and regained it when I looked at the protein box I wanted to get and suddenly found the thought of eating it repugnant.

Experienced /fast/fags (which I am not, as is obvious from my weight), is it gonna stay this easy? I thought I was done for, but when I saw that shit I didn't even have to make myself give it up, it just kind of happened, like some kind of impulse.

>inb4 "nice blogpost faggot"

Attached: CoordinatedAridGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif (240x134, 248K)

Starting first /fast/ today, might go 4 or 5 days. Currently at 260 lbs, 6'2"

16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

Attached: image.jpg (640x475, 58K)

thanks for the tips
I brush my teeth and mouthwash regularly so idk if it will really hurt my teeth but I will definently keep it in mind to keep my teeth protected by drinking from a straw and I'll try the sodium bicarbonate thing

>unsweetened tea fast
bro, go make some snake juice.

for me, day 2 is always the worst. Always feeling the hunger pangs the most on this day. After that its pretty manageable

yeah, drink that shit every single day. If i go 1 day without it i feel like shit and don't wanna get out of bed. Lemon juice, ACV and cayenne pepper are all optional. Lemon juice and ACV (supposedly) have health benefits for your gut and kidneys. cayenne pepper (supposedly) helps fat loss.

the fuck is a snake juice
i'm vegetarian, will that be a problem

Amen brother. Agreed.

You little shit

never mind i'm retarded / can't read apparently

I'm convinced, what should I be doing as a skele trying to gain weight?