When are you no longer considered DYEL?

When are you no longer considered DYEL?
Veeky Forums says if you can hit 1/2/3/4 you’re not DYEL anymore but imo the 1000lb club is the true test.

Attached: 7367C1CD-43A7-4684-AC2F-B2F87718A2F0.jpg (384x384, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when people stop asking if you lift

>he didn't reach the 1000lb club in high school and get his name engraved on the wall
I wasn't even in the football team or some shit, just NEET strength.

I was super happy when i hit the 1000lb club. Im aroubd 1150 now, and i feel small, weak and fat.

>didn’t start lifting till 22
RIP

>Fatty NEET stands up
>People start applauding
>His name is added to the 1000lb wall
USA! USA! USA!

>the 1000lb club
THis is a thing only for women, user.

Men stop being weak if they outlift all non-SHW women, IPF records for easy modo, all-time powerlifting records for normal.
Outlift April Mathis for Real Man mode.

1/2/3/4 is almost the exact same thing as 1000lb club. Add 18 lbs on all 3 lifts or 55 on 1 and you're litterally there.

When you do the 1000lb club there’s no OHP...

Got it on my college gym wall so that’s nice

Yes, I'm very aware. Check my math.

A 1000lb total isn't impressive unless you're a girl or weigh 150lbs or less.

>know a guy who brags about his lifts all the fucking time and it's everything he uses to compare strength to others
>see him lift
>doesn't ATG squat, barely even 90 degrees
>3/4 ROM OHP
>uses 25 kg plates on DL so bar is higher
>haven't seen him bench but I doubt he can do it well.

When did you realize anyone can lie to themselves and others about their shitty stats?

Attached: 1378200905621.gif (320x240, 1.95M)

Shut the fuck up you humble bragging piece of shit.

When I started going on this board

This, I'm a mediocre lifter, at 230lbs my total is 1635, my squat sucks cause my back is fucked up(torn disk) somehow deads don't bother it the same way.
Squat 405
Bench 505
Dead 725

Even with these numbers I'm nothing special, stronger than your average Joe at the average gym, but compaired to the other guys at the actual strength focused gym I go to I'm mediocre at best

>Huge Ackman can get in the 1000lb club with legs like this
yeah no thanks

Attached: 876066C5-4BA5-4622-858A-4A1C0282A28B.jpg (225x225, 24K)

What is the 1000 pound club? Just squat, bench and deadlift? And maxes or working?
My tested squat max is 435, but I work at 3x8@365.
Tested DL max is 505, work at 3x6@405.
Tested bench max at 325, work at 3x8@265.

>>uses 25 kg plates on DL so bar is higher

Lol what the fuck? They're standard height unless you live in a retarded shithole.

1000 pound club is a squat, deadlift, and a bench all adding up to 1000 pounds done within a 3 hour window.

either one would put you in 1k club retard

you should try the 3rd grade addition club before trying anything else

This. If people ask "have you been working out" you're on right track, but once you've made it nobody's gonna ask if you lift because it'll be obvious.

Interesting. Not something I’ve ever tested but my workouts are primarily high volume, I’d say I could knock that out.

Nope, they are about 5 cm higher in my gym. Same thickness. Also stop being so insecure you add a defensive insult just in case you'd be wrong.

Shut the fuck up you humble bragging punk.

I didn’t ask if I was a member, I was just curious at the actual definition, because it makes a difference to the strength required to be in the club. No need to be so edgy.

>>uses 25 kg plates on DL so bar is higher
>he's so salty, that 1cm less ROM matters to him on fucking deadlift.

People come up to me and talk about lifting all the time. Fuck strength training I only care about how I look.

Attached: image.jpg (299x168, 39K)

>realizes you never did a full ROM DL
>"NO, IT'S YOU WHO ARE WRONG!"

Have fun with your rack DL record.

I have been lifting solidly for 2 years, on and off for several before that, and the last year I've been on trt dose test, lf any of that makes you feel better, but at the end of the day most of you can and should beat my numbers, it's just about time and dedication

the 1000 pound club...but the 1000 pound club thats deadlifts, cleans, and bench, no squats since squats artificially inflate the number i.e.. a 3 plate squat is easy, a 3 plate clean is tough.

As noted by someone else in this thread, 1/2/3/4 is close enough to a 1000 lbs total that both could be used for the DYEL barrier. Either way, 1000 lbs or 1/2/3/4 is really a "DYEL or not" test. Just because you aren't a DYEL mean you are strong which is really more appropriately measured by a Wilks score (350+ is when I consider someone strong)

kek

3 lifts is too easy. I think 1000 pound club should just be your 1RM of curls added to your 1RM of facepulls.

>70 kg away from a world record while weighing 55 lbs less
>mediocre
Welcome to /fat/

70kg from what world record? I don't think I'm close to any of them

stupid fucker
1/2/3/4 is already basically 1klbs
4pl8 diddle probably squats 360
765 + 225 = 990

>satanic quads
>B8
Makes sense.

Attached: 1520352027829.png (900x729, 129K)

This.
I remember when I thought the 1000 club was making it

1k isn't really all that impressive.

I have a bad shoulder and back lower back (been hit 7 times, including by a bus on my bicycle)

Have tons of perma injuries and can still hit 1k

425 DL
290 bench (was 305 but I can't dot hat now)
320 squat (below parallel)

165-170lbs

>wilks
Should be the standard 2bh.
No more “is it for 1 rep or 5” and no more fat shits disguising their x1Bw squat

300 wilks is no longer dyel
350 wilks is "strong"
400 actually impresses other people who lift

>that guy who thinks lifting stats are relevant in looking like you lift

Attached: tumblr_n675ktNizt1rrfb0uo1_500.jpg (500x667, 62K)

Wilks only works for manlets. It thinks my 260 bench, 320 squat and 410 deadlift at 205 lbs is shitty but ignores that I'm 6'5".

It is shitty, manlet twinks in /plg/ put up those numbers

i'm 5'9 148lbs and can bench 335, squat 425 and deadlift 455 but im still dyel wit h12 inch arms.

its not true that you can't be dyel with those generic numbers.

I mean, I know it's not impressive but 320 squat is not the same at 6'5" as it is at 5'6". They should throw in a height coefficient.

I'm pretty depressed about achievable results as a natty. I can hit these numbers that would put me above everyone else in my gym strengthwise and I still wouldn't really look like I lift, because everyone expects you to look like you roid from lifting without realizing it's roids. It seems pretty impossible to really make it as a natty with so many people in fitness roiding and claiming they're natty since it makes actual natties look lazy and like they have bottom 5% genes. Maybe I am assuming too much, but I'm still going to keep working at it either way I guess since it's still better than nothing.

Attached: 1520707087235.jpg (640x639, 40K)

Get decent numbers and then transition to a hypertrophy routine after you establish a strength base. Simple.

i just used it as motivation. be the strongest twig around. Its funny because people stare at me when i bench and come to try save me constantly because im so dyel. Its really fun getting as strong as possible while being quite small, and more motivating when people ask you for advice because you know its real shit when some big guy asks a twig how hes so strong on bench press lol, but then you also get people accusing you of all sorts of bullshit to protect their egos too

I'm at 1.5/3/4.5/5.5

DYEL stops at a 225 OHP

they told me it stopped at 225 bench. didnt. then apparently "nobody who benches 315 doesnt look like it" . still was dyel. now im almost halfway to 405 and... still dyel.

>Strength qualifiers with no BF% qualifiers

shiggy diggy

1000 lb club, under 12% BF is the line. If you're over 12%, you're fat. Everyone posting big numbers in this thread is probably over 20%. It's really easy to look like shit with a thousand pound total -- just be fat. Similarly, it's easy to get an 1100+ lb total -- just permabulk and forget about ever looking good or being healthy, like most of Veeky Forums

I learned that they lied. The 1/2/3/4 is just an easy goal that they tell you is the finish line. Once you reach it, you're "into lifting" and there's no turning back. The ends justified the means. God bless those who promote that meme.

Nobody asked

Was 35/335/405 (980) at 145 body weight, 5'9"
Then snap city.
Without a coach or very strong programming hitting 1000 lbs and staying healthy is hard except for advanced manlets (

Attached: 1520796296223.jpg (500x500, 126K)

With a shirt on i look like a twig and i have 12 inch arms. Im well over the 1000lb mark, bench is 335 alone.

5’9 148.

Its not true and this is life as a natural

Attached: F029DD4D-A77D-4D3A-B7CC-08029BA510D9.jpg (750x1334, 122K)

You’re retarded. There’s a reason there’s weightclasses and it’s NOT because Manlets are advantageous

If you're not b8ing, you might have the best powerlifting genetics on earth. You look like you bench the bar.

Im not b8. National record is a bit lower than my pb, but my ass comes about an inch off the bench and since i dont compete i never fixed this bad habit. So i would not get white lights sadly

I think i just train correctly for me, nothing special other than that. Low volume very high weight and very high frequency.

Seeing as im forever dyel im just gonna go for 405 see what happens

If you bench 405 looking like that, you'll terrify people. Please do it.

This is utterly delusional. Kid is ottermode body with a slightly bigger than otter chest.

That’s probably my main motivation lmao. I’ll post back in a few years. That last 70lbs will probably take 4 or more years at this weight. Maybe ill gain 10 lbs by then so could be faster lol

I already get ppl talking shit about it sometimes saying i have a “wise foot placement” like that means anything

I have a vid from last year at some point on insta with 265 or so(i work in kg) but i have problems with my form like as on bench as it raises about an inch and i dont pause so its not quite that wild to bench 335

But u dont need to believe me and i dnt expect u to lol

>465 trap bar deadlift
>385 hack squat
>315 total dip

I can claim 1,165 total since I don't do squats except for high reps, or straight bar deads at all, or bench, r-right guys?

Yea, I was exaderating, he has some mass but still, he does not look close to 335. It's a round about compliment.

sure, bud. sure.

345 feelsbadman

>look like I bench 335
>only do reps with 100-110s

Which is worse lol?

>you need to be able to do 315 bench, 405 squat and 495 deadlift at 200 lbs to be considered strong

Attached: 1356025989268.jpg (640x640, 52K)

What the fuck is even 1/2/3/4, i try to find it on google and all i get is the google calculator bullshit, nor can i find any thread explaining this.

Lol you guys are a bunch of sad people if you don't believe a dude on gear lifting for years can hit reasonable lifts, and if I were lying I would not mention my pathetic squat. Anyone in South East Michigan is welcome to come lift with me

LURK MOAR

you're a sad person for lying on a fucking anonymous imageboard, rofl

I would agree with this as a base of strength, not what your noon lifter thinks of as strong but to anyone who lifts this is the beginning of needing truly strong

this is spot-on

you're no longer DYEL when it's so obvious you lift that people don't ask

depends on height

i can do a 1000lb total easily and look like a twig because i am 6'6''

Dude, those plates of different sizes aren't meant to be deadlifting with... I saw a retard just yesterday doing "deadlifts" with those smaller 20 lbs plates, shit looked ridiculous.

(you)

Bodyweight multipliers to actually be strong-
Press- 1
Bench Press- 1.5
Squat- 2
Deadlift- 2.5

So multiply your bw X 6 to find your true "1,000lbs"

>TFW hit the 1k club before I benched 2pl8.
It was 335/210/455.
I can't wait for registration to open for the meet I want to do this summer. It fills up really fast.

It's simple...

The DYEL-limit should be this:

Bench+Squat+Deadlift-Bodyweight>1000lbs.

when you look like you lift

you very well may still be small and fat even at that total

i've met some guys who were jacked at a 1200 total and some guys who looked like they had never touched a weight in their life

if you weigh 240lb at 6'7'' or some shit you won't have enough muscle to bench 175.... It's all bones. You'll literally need to approach the 300's weight-wise to have a 'good' total and you still won't' be pressing 300lb or benching 450 at that weight unless you're a freak

you're a genetic anomaly, you're the same size i was benching 135

>in a three hour window
It's either your PR gym lift, or it's in competition. There is no in-between

So the moral is don't be weak or skinny

And gym lifts don't count

The way football teams do it is Squat, bench, power clean for 1000lbs.
In powerlifting, you're in the 1000lb club if you have a 1000lb squat.
The Reddit+Veeky Forums 1000lb club is 1000lb SBD gym lifts.

It’s annoying because i was told to focus on strength and size will definitely come. Im past those strength levels now and still small. Am i gonna have to bench 600 and squat 700 before i look like i lift?

6/10. Be more subtle next time.

300 - can be trusted alone in the gym
350 - no longer DYEL. Slightly above average for all powerlifters.
400 - strong
450 - competitive
500 - world class

you'll get there lad

basically

just lift,forget about % of bw or any shit, just fucking lift and get huge

> moving weight over a shorter range of motion is not easier than a longer distance.
> plenty of 6' + lifters compete in sub-65 kg weight classes for power and Olympic lifting
This is what you sound like.

no, eventually you will be as efficient neurologically as you can possibly be and will simply not make any gains in strength at all until you get bigger

so you might as well start upping your training volume now

strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/

You were supposed to eat

Aw fuk bye

Jesus Christ, Veeky Forums

What the fuck is wrong with you? The 1000lbs club is when the sum of your maximum lift on bench press, squat, and deadlift equal to or greater than 1000 pounds.

Wait is this a thing in America? Dang that might have been nice since I destroyed all the roided footballers in lifts...but I didn't graduate so I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe I'll have my mom make a poster for me.

Attached: 1521198941992.gif (360x263, 620K)