Is lifting is fun, why do you need excuses for doing it? You have multiple "why do you lift" threads every single day...

Is lifting is fun, why do you need excuses for doing it? You have multiple "why do you lift" threads every single day. No one does that with any other hobby.
>hey user, why do you skate?
>why do you go to concerts?
>why do you do something you enjoy?

Attached: 435434.gif (499x499, 45K)

>You have multiple "why do you lift" threads every single day.
those are just excuses to post pictures of thots

Because it isn't fun, you need discipline to get to your goals. I fucking hate most of my training just as I hated studying, cleaning up my flat and so on.
>Inb4 why you do this
Adults realise the fact sometimes you have to do things you don't enjoy.

you sound like a brainlet.

People who do things out of sheer enjoyment of the activity exist, but some people are dedicated to their hobbies for higher order reasons, like atonement or accomplishment that is displaced from/by something in childhood.

Musicians go to concerts for nuanced reasons, to understand the craft. Skaters skate for some sense of freedom. Lifters lift to escape themselves as well.

exercising is not fun or enjoyable you brainlet.
but you know what is worse? being morbidly obese.

well I legitimately enjoy it
i agree op :)

You sound miserable
I fucking love lifting. Chasing PRs is addicting and I love the test spikes I get afterwards

Attached: 8826EF8F-3931-435D-936B-15EE3AAFFEC4.jpg (500x750, 95K)

Faggot

and hitler

Life is fairly enjoying for myself, not every aspect of it has to be fun. Don't act like a millenial kid

I do it to feed my narcissism. I want a six pack and muscles to make skinnyfat manlets (90+% of the population) feel inferior to me.

I don't need excuses though, I enjoy it
/thread (yes, I'm /threading myself, alphas like me don't give af)

>but some people are dedicated to their hobbies for higher order reasons, like atonement or accomplishment

You need to enjoy it to at least some degree to be really dedicated about it. People who do research enjoy it

>exercising is not fun or enjoyable
wanna know how I can tell you’re never gonna make it?

Attached: 2C85453D-8FC1-492D-A4E6-FE48610B2330.jpg (540x534, 46K)

My kind of shit.

We're all going to make it

i liked thatp icture a lot so i drew it please rate and be kind !

Attached: pepe drawing.png (375x364, 14K)

Being at your limit and pushing yourself against the pain is honestly not fun. It's the reason so many people fail. You have to go beyond your comfort zone to get the results you want.

The real joy comes from the accomplishment of sticking through the pain and getting the results you wanted. Like most things in life, the grind is anything but fun but they payoff is worth it. Vices work in the opposite way, giving you immediate gratification at the expense of long term satisfaction. There's a reason one a lot of people choose the latter and that's because it's easy.

I find some lifts fun, others I don't look forward to but regarding other hobbies:
Guns, getting shittanked, music, still play a bit of guitar, vidya, I like sports alright but its a pain in the ass to organize that shit as an adult (almost 30 here) and I haven't taken cardio seriously in ten years

>Being at your limit and pushing yourself against the pain is honestly not fun. It's the reason so many people fail. You have to go beyond your comfort zone to get the results you want.

No you don't.
You don't have to do that at all.

Being consistent and making small changes over a lifetime will do that.

its not bad user but you couldnt really capture the original smugless. there is sadness in your pepe's eyes

>muhlennial
Chances are you’re one too, faggot

i prefer it user, added to my collection :3

Attached: Mongolian Pepe.png (2504x3353, 2.39M)

If you enjoy exercising you are not lifting hard enough

NO LIFTING IS NOT FUN

whats fun are the results you get when you stick to it. Confidence, healthy, sex appeal, being a sick shredded gigabeast, knowing that people respect you more, strong as fuck.

>Why do you go to concerts?

Is buying overpriced tickets from shitty scalpers, figuring out the logistics, finally driving for an hour to the venue, standing in line with hundreds of sweaty normies etc. FUN?

No it's not fun, the fun part comes after all that when the music starts playing and people start jumpinh

Attached: zocho.jpg (480x360, 15K)

The average millenial thinks lifting is torture. They can't fathom doing something challenging just for fun.

thank you friend !

Lifting is fun. Setting a new PR with that grinding, screaming, nose bleed inducing battle cry of pulling a new weight and almost passing out is one of the most enjoyable thing there is. Pushing out those last few reps on volume days where you think you’re going to die but your buddy won’t let you rerack it just yet. Pushing yourself to new limits. That’s fun as shit yo. If you’re not having fun you’re not pushing yourself and you shouldn’t be in the gym
>concerts aren’t fun because all of this shit except the concert
No shit
Again with the millennials thing. 90% of the people at my gym are millenials, and the 10% who aren’t are old fucks on bikes

>No shit

Yeah retard, if I could just snap my fingers and instantly be at a concert you would be right. You have to do all the stupid shit before you can have fun, so it's part of it.

that's an issue of semantics. enjoyment can refer to gratification, like I enjoy work, or it can refer to pleasure, like I enjoy chocolate, but even the words gratification and pleasure are approximations.

The threads about lifting. In OPs concert analogy it’s why do you go to concerts, not why do you stand in line for 2 hours

>lifting weights is the only hobby I genuinely enjoy
I'm probably autistic

>doesn’t enjoy the pain
Wow it’s like you don’t even want to make it

Attached: 61A97778-6799-4FF5-9395-2A4D3276EFEB.png (248x459, 249K)

Even if you do not take pleasure from the action itself, you should take pleasure from the fact that you are doing something that is right.