Moist advanced military unit in the world

>Moist advanced military unit in the world
>No weight training
>All calisthenics and cardio

Whats even the point of picking up heavy iron bars when all you have to do is run, do pullups and situps to be the strongers mfer in the planet

Attached: marines.jpg (633x422, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vi0c8KRorJI&list=PLrGpjUlARdnkQ_THT_SqYAe9LvD9W0jMB
youtube.com/watch?v=N7T84ax2bLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Moist advanced military unit in the world
>"haha I'll beat your billion dollar weapons with my Squat PR "

Attached: 1372250452304.jpg (500x500, 61K)

It 1% barely noticeable autismening

>marines are a unit
lol fuck off back to /v/, kid.

>most advance military unit in the world
> hasnt won any major battle since WW2, which happened to be literally across the planet from their home.

What's interesting for the military is the endurance of the soldiers and their strength relative to their weight. It's also a factor that when you need to exercise thousands of men at once buying enough barbells and weights get expensive. Traditionally the military has then relied on as you said running and different types of bodyweight exercises.

That being said I'm sure that the American military could benefit from slightly overhauling their fitness and workout regimes. Perhaps if you want your soldiers to have a strong back to carry heavy loads you should make them do deadlifts or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=vi0c8KRorJI&list=PLrGpjUlARdnkQ_THT_SqYAe9LvD9W0jMB

Watch the whole playlist. It's the US military vs the world in boxing matches, back when you guys actually cared.

The US mostly loses. So, yeah. (Also: Boxing match against Cuba, haha, good luck).

Strength isn't that important when you have guns and are able to move your whole body with the full pack around. If I can scale a wall and pull my downed soldier what need is lifting weights. Besides cardio is easily the most important physical trait for a soldier.

say that to my face, fag

Attached: les.jpg (800x533, 34K)

is that eion bailey?

>America won WW2
American education.

>5'9 and 5'11
>can hardly see a difference between their heights in motion

>Whats even the point of picking up heavy iron bars when all you have to do is run
you answered your own question op there is no point except to make fags who work in insurance feel tough

Yeah, no shit, 2" is like the width of your thumb x2. It's nothing.

cope

>Marines
>Advanced
>impressive

Man you americans fall for your own propaganda so hard. Marines are just bottom tier garbage cannon fodder

military is like any other job only there to steal your gains and give you money in return.

Don't tell me you have girl hands, faggot.

This

they are strongest collectively
they also have guns

don't be thick around me

Most marines lift a lot in their free time, mostly memey crossfit stuff, like standing forward pressing a plate for a million reps and jumping 1pl8 squats (rip in peace knees).

>Source: I'm at a joint base

You have to be tough to be a marine. Plenty of videos online that go through their training. Marines are also working for the government and doing good in other countries (for the most part). I don't see why they dont deserve a little respect.

Mostly bodybuilding really, almost a quarter or more of the gym i go to the guys take some sort of PED. Did a motto run with the marines and couple of the big guys dropped out on a 4 mile 8min mile pace run. My base is full of pogs though so.....

>Source:Im at marine base

That's not fucking SAS

Why do people instantly name it SAS when they see a British soldier

Also US marines are only about on par with regular soldiers from other countries

>US marines

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=N7T84ax2bLE

crossfit is the biggest fucking meme in the world if not universe. There a shady crossfit warehouse in my town. videos and pictures everyone doing that 1 plate olympic clean and pull then squat 5 reps bar then like 20 sit ups. God forbid if someone picks a routine that makes them stronger. I want to go to laugh at the weird douche bags and gals that should not be reproducing. But no it wrong to laugh at retards as they say.

military PT has less to do with effectiveness and more to do with training masses of people consistently and as cheaply as possible while also obtaining useful metrics
when I was in most of the men also hit the gym on the side, and everyone said that regular PT was only supposed to maintain, not improve your condition
we were all expected to be doing something on the evenings and weekends and not just sitting in the barracks eating pizza

Again, you guys eat your own propaganda. Their training is basic infantry shit for the west, and literally a cakewalk compared to how brutal the training is in 3rd world infantries. Cops in south america get tougher training than the marines.

I was Canadian infantry for years. I've talked with marines on training exercises. There's literally zero difference between normal infantry training for commonwealth nations (Canada, UK, Australia etc) and the marines.

And I've also trained with people from allied countries here to learn with us. Our training is a joke to them. Some south american guy I did my platoon commanders course with had completed a torture resistance course (which means being tortured in various ways) as a standard course for their officers.

And no, they're not doing good in other countries. Invading countries and destroying regions and then giving out aid to the region you just destroyed isn't doing good things.

Jesus christ man, the brainwashing of americans

>You have to be tough to be a marine.
You have to be tough to be any soldier that isn't a Chinese frontline cannon fodder

>Marines are also working for the government
That's supposed to be good?

>and doing good in other countries
I don't know enough about that, so I can't dispute. But I'd love to see examples.

its more tough waking up at 3 am to do construction or freight work. Only kids without any job experience think military deserves respect. Fuck my friend in the military for over 5 years all he does is play video games and mine bitcoin at the tax payers expense. Maybe occasionally he called to hike a mountain with some nog that teaches kids about john cena shit and why its worth dying for israel.

I agree. Doesn't really help that America is practically it's own island. So it's a lot easier to feed everyone over here bullshit and they'll just go along with it. If it wasn't for the over-zealous patriotism that a lot of people here have, we could probably face reality long enough to actually fix a lot of shit that's not working.

>Also US marines are only about on par with regular soldiers from other countries
I know from pals that they are worse than the German Bundeswehr and the Israeli Defense Force. The latter were shocked at how bad the Americans are, the former found it funny and played pranks during war games by immediately going for the chain of command, which crippled the Marines.

You see, Americans still have the basic tactics from before WW1.

lmao3pl8 bench doesn’t really help you with humping your weapon system long distances or engaging the enemy. That being said however most Marines do lift in their free time, base gyms are always packed

>Most advanced military unit in the world
That's not the SAS

>your weapon system
>engaging the enemy
Why do these fags always talk like such fags trying to sound impressive. You can always tell when someone's really got their identity attached to being a soldier when they start trying to make "Walk with a gun" seem complex.

>military PT has less to do with effectiveness
There have been studies on correlations of PT exercises with mission objectives, dumbass. Americans are stupid, but not as stupid as you, apparently.

More details plox. Need H2H tricks for the upcoming urban/plains warfare in Europe/Northern Europe.

we now rely on cool military toys which require but a monkey to operate and that can shred the muscle that you worked so hard to build all those years in a sec.... oh wait its always been that way.

I know m8. It's always American troops too. I know lots of people in other militaries and none of them talk like this.

I think it's because of the whole "us troops are heroes" crap, so all the US troops feel the need to overcompensate.

The "walk xxx distance carrying assault pack, weapons system, armor, blah blah blah in xxx time" is shit I only hear come out of american mouths. Like, chill. Every soldier in the world does that shit. You don't have to pretend that a simple ruck march is Christ's stations of the cross

>moist advanced military unit
So they use lotion and chapstick?

>most advanced
>Not tier 1
Pick one

After their initial training, all the Marines I’ve ever known have lifted.

>There have been studies on correlations of PT exercises with mission objectives

of course there has because the ideal soldier is close to an endurance athlete
I'm sure the unit that runs and runs regularly performs better than the one that does that pencil-whips the tests and does the minimum
I don't know what military you served in, but literally half of an average unit's morning PT session was retarded stretching and morale-building bullshit

piss vader

>You see, Americans still have the basic tactics from before WW1.

Which considering how every army in Europe fucked up in WWI that's not a bad thing. The American Civil War taught the US all the same lessons WWI taught everyone else.

Also the German military has shit tier NCOs so if you remove any of the officers shit just stops. This applies basically to all of European militaries minus the British.

If I wasn't phone posting I'd reply to the Canadian infantrymen but yes American training is roughly equivalent to all western military training. We get better COIN but basics like digging trenches and static defense are lacking.

>Which considering how every army in Europe fucked up in WWI that's not a bad thing.
This is your brain on American education.

>The American Civil War taught the US all the same lessons WWI taught everyone else.
"Don't mess with Germany unless you have pals with you?"

>Also the German military has shit tier NCOs so if you remove any of the officers shit just stops. This applies basically to all of European militaries minus the British.
That is absolutely the opposite of what happens. Americans have this problem, some Euros, maybe. Germany doesn't have this problem at leats since WW1 Sturmtruppen Commandos.

Which is THE big difference between armies.

Found the triggered kraut

>no weight training
But pull up is just a better lat pulldown

if you weigh enough. a 135lb manlet doing 25 reps doesn't get any stronger from it

The military here is, for the most part, just a welfare program to keep kids from getting into trouble. We can't really do full scale invasions of other countries anymore because vietnam/iraq/afghanistan and politics at home, so our troops dont really need to be real soldiers. All our delicate warfighting shit is done by drones, air strikes, cia, and special forces. Our conventional ground troops are worthless scum because they're just there for show. When everybody has nukes, conventional troops dont need to be good because they're just a blunt instrument for suppressing peasants and destroying non-compliant weaker powers.

Pagans...

>soldiers
>strong
You're fucking retarded, all they are trained to do is run trough the battlefield with a shit ton of stuff on their back, that's fucking it

The Marines aren't a unit you fucking retard. They're a branch.

and, well di they look aesthetic? no, it's for basic fitness and strengh.

all body builders lift, explain that

Attached: 20180321_170907.png (1197x898, 1.17M)

Lifting is pointless for soldiers, you fucking brainlet. I was a recon grunt (ausfag) meaning I had to carry >60kg for days on end with very little sleep. I was skinny and barely ottermode but was ridiculously fit. Soldiers need endurance far more than anything else, at least infantrymen do.

>This is your brain as a wehraboo.

The European theaters of the WWI were an absolute shit show of bad ideas by both sides. Not going straight for Paris in 1914. Literally all of the Austrian campaigns in the Balkans, Italy, and Gallipoli.

>Don't mess with Germany unless you have pals with you?"

Trench warfare, modern total war, the new role of calvary, rail based logistics, the power of the telegraph were all pioneered during the American Civil War (and to a lesser extent the Russo-Japanese war) because the last major conflict in Europe was the Cirmean war and no one learned their lessons from that. Europe was still sucking Naploenic dick in 1914. Fuck in the Franco-Prussian war the Prussians were dumb enough to charge entrenched infantry and artillery after that went so well for the light brigade.

>That is absolutely the opposite of what happens.

Bull fucking shit. The German army is basically an empty husk with no Esprit de Corps while the US is a veteran led group where most of the senior NCOs have had a decade of combat experience. Sure the Germans have been in the middle east but their performance has been laughable. Literally no one can compete with the amount of training and resources America puts behind its NCOs.

>WW1 Sturmtruppen Commandos
Confirmed for dirty wehraboo that knows nothing about modern military tactics.

OP is the type of moron who likes to type on comments sections that Navy SEALs could beat MMA fighters if they wanted to.

This faggot gets it.

Yeah it's true they're pretty average. I didn't do that much work with them but was playing enemy on an exercise when they were assaulting the town we were occupying. Their tactics consisted of just rushing in a big group, if I'd been firing live rounds they would have all been mown down in seconds. I also did a joint patrol with US army in Afghanistan and they were bad too, decent guys but they weren't well trained. Everybody just had a single job to do and paid attention to nothing else, you have to be a jack of all trades to be good in COIN.

Attached: 7587A706-3B8B-4B57-AFC1-83A49FE5BDD4.jpg (299x240, 39K)

>he thinks the pacific theatre wasn't a small sideshow

Engaging and annihilating the enemy is very different than being a bulky freak or a fat ass power lifter. Being a real troop requires good muscular endurance and cardio as well as a decent amount of strength. Being too big will destroy your joints.

Funny you say that. Army fag here, in October we have a new PT test and one of the qualifications is a minimum of 200 lb deadlift.

Yo is that the new OPAT? Shit's too easy.

Hexbar 1 rep

>The German army is basically an empty husk with no Esprit de Corps

the german army is the most cucked "military" on the planet lmao
they're constantly underfunded to the point where less than half of their equipment is in working order at any given time, their commander in chief is an sjw woman whose biggest concern is promoting equality and diversity in the army, their official doctrine forbids them from upholding or even acknowledging any german military tradition, and all their deployments are useless wastes of time like sitting around in the afghan desert after the americans were done cleaning up the place, or sitting around in mali because the french want help with... something?
whatever it is they're doing down there, it sure as fuck has nothing to do whatsoever with protecting, defending or advancing the interests of their own country. i have no idea why anybody still signs up for this shitheap of a military lol

Dude that's not the minimum, it's the freaking maximum. Too many dyels in the army these days.

The opat was designed to keep females out of combat arms since they're technically allowed to be front lines now.

itt:
pic related

Attached: 1515041328284.png (364x852, 127K)

Think he means minimum for black level which is combat jobs

>high speed
>low drag

almost all the guys were not "big" at recon company when i was a conscript, and we carried weight

Actually the OPAT is a pretty amazingly designed battery. Legally it's very hard to defend doing say 50 pushups as a test. What's the difference between 49 and 50? It's hard to directly relate that to a test. The OPATs tests are "friendlier" from a legal standpoint, though the actual pass rate will limit weak males and most women from becoming infantry.

We all hate you, and for good reason, and you're going to collapse into a balkanized shithole soon which we will all applaud

aren't most special forces guys pretty jacked`?

Depends on the job, top tier special forces like the SAS are mostly pretty average looking guys but have all the endurance. Other kinds of SF just come in on helicopters and kick doors in and don't need to do much endurance work so those guys work out a lot.

they aren't deployed all the time. Generally they know pretty far in advance when they are getting deployed and have sufficient time to train.

Because which is more important for a soldier, fuckwit
>being able to lift 140 kilogram
or
>being able to run 10 miles

There are literally no cases where the former is more important than the latter. Military IS cardio. Most military guys are only buff because they have nothing to do in between engagements, which is 95-99% of their time, so they lift to pass the time.

Imagine constantly lifting and running and trying to bulk but not ever quite getting big enough to cut. That's the military diet and routine.

Attached: 35a1d5d92fbcb3451e1e51eebe617148--us-navy-seals-military-guys.jpg (700x525, 48K)

>There are literally no cases where the former is more important than the latter

Except when someone's life is literally on the line. You don't need to be 'big' to carry 140 kilos anyway.

Attached: Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Soldiers_Carry__Wounded__During_Field_Doctor_Exercise,_Oct_2010.jpg (2029x1417, 468K)

So its true that the military promotes homosexuality huh

>gross they're all standing there with their shirts off and stuff haha you can like see their nipples haha why would guys do that it's so gay lol

You see just as many naked dudes on Veeky Forums as in the military.

Attached: 1488142706856.gif (366x275, 1.68M)

It's all fun and games carrying somebody on your back in training, until somebody gets shot in combat and they're wearing 40kg of kit, and you are wearing 40kg of kit, and it takes four people to carry one casualty.

Who do you think won it? Don't say the French lmao

Americans are retarded anyways so fuck you

@45249817(you)

Attached: 1500919568880.png (1280x853, 501K)

Better a retard than a coward.

>reading comprehension
euro education.

>not a Marine
no room to talk kiddo
>Canada
yeah, you really have no room to talk. Me and 5 guys in cobras would easily defeat your entire nation bucko.

obviously the soviets you mongrel

I'm not him, but literally every country in the world thinks their soldiers are the best. I was in fucking Liberia and people were unironically telling me how their soldiers are particularly feared by Al Shabaab. You're nothing special, get used to it.

4/10

Americans are THE best the world has ever seen. That is simply a fact. If we werent the best, we wouldnt be the sole superpower, and most powerful nation to have ever existed.
>tfw number one
feels good, suck cock eurofags

FWIW the Marine Corps is investing significant money in modernizing their PT programs.

Google “Force Fitness Instructor”. Focus is on stretching Olympic lifts and “functional” movements as well as recovery.

Won’t be perfect but it is definitely better then doing a 8 mile boots and utes knee destroyer run daily.

t. Welfare queen Marine

>implying economic output and high population = high quality soldiers
It's literally the opposite desu, yeah you win wars (rarely desu) because you have meat for the grinder and can afford bombs. You aren't highly trained.

t. european in denial of his inferiority

Found the couch potato

Attached: image.jpg (1024x1010, 398K)

>implying i'm european
Probably seen more combat than you, faggot.

The Allies won it. No single power could have done it. Saying "America won" or "Russia won" is just hilarious dumbass arguing.

Societs were dead in the water, so to say, without Americans propping them up.

>I'm not him, but literally every country in the world thinks their soldiers are the best.
Only savages like Americans or Arabs think that way.

>Americans are THE best the world has ever seen.
Haha, oh wow. Not even close.

America hasn't won a war in decades. Read van Crefeld.

>Societs were dead in the water, so to say, without Americans propping them up.
So this is the power of american intelectuals