I can't do a single pull up bros. I never thought I was that weak

I can't do a single pull up bros. I never thought I was that weak.
Is it my poor form? Why are people weaker than me doing them effortlessly? I can't even do one.
I distinctly remember years ago, untrained I was able to crank out pull ups with ease.
Now I've been training for a few months now and I can't do one.

I weigh 76 kg at 182 cm and 17% bodyfat.

It's also of GREAT importance to me that I do 14 pulls ups before next year. Is this possible?

pic unrelated

Attached: Sectoidtransformation.jpg (2500x1780, 275K)

what are we supposed to do, guess your form?

I don't know. Any advice or stories would be welcome. I want to know if people went through something similar.

I think it's safe to say my form is bad. I feel weaker than I've ever been when I try a pull up now, but that doesn't make sense to me because right now I'm much stronger than I've ever been.

if your form is bad fix it

do more accessory work (bi's and lats)

stay consistent with them, practice every day or every other day if you can't do a single one. make sure not to swing and utilize your lats and the rest of your back.

If you can't do a single pull up start with negatives from a box. Try to slow your body as much as possible

do assisted pull ups until you can do big boy pull ups.

My 61 year old Mom does sets of six reps kid get it together

Dude i'm kinda in the same situation as you bro.
I weigh 88 kg at 170 cm (i know manlet and shit who cares) at around 20% BF, and i just recently installed a pull up bar at home, i couldn't do a single one or a decent chin up either. What you do about that is first try to do a negative pull up, this basically means you just hang from the bar for a couple of seconds and you do this in reps and sets, then slowly you try do actually pull yourself up. I've been doing this for a couple of days now and i already am able to do 1-2 pull ups and chin ups. Hope this helps

>Whatisrestdays

Thanks. I'll try and follow this advice.

The funny thing is, when I had a working pull up bar at home, I found it easier to do pull ups than using the machines at gym. I have not idea why.

start taking steroids

form? its a fuckin pull up man. you pull yourself up. there is no form you need to master. if you cant do a single one is not because lake of form. its because youre weak and/or fat. get stronger and lower your weight.

No probs, i actually only do bodyweight workouts cause i'm too autistic to go to the gym

>76 kg at 182 cm and 17% bodyfat.
HUNGRY MAN PLS EAT SNACKS

But yeah, like they said, do assisted and latpulldowns until you can do one. Then keep doing that. It's fucking shameful and embarrassing to use bands or weight assisted machine, but you need to get through it.

>170cm
>20%bf at 88kg

Literally how? I'm 1,71m, when I weighed 69kg I was 20%bf and had more strength than you.

I recently got a gym membership and the guy there is going to help set up a plan for me.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

>hungry man pls eat snacks
My bmi is 23 (at 24 I'm overweight)
I also came from 62 kg to 72 kg in a year's time in 2016-2017.

95% sure you're a skinnyfat weakling just continue training

I used to be very fat and i mean extremely fat 120 kg i weight at my most, and i've been working out for less then a year, also i have a pretty heavy frame and most if not all of my fat is around my gut. But i only have a estimate of my BF% judging by what most photos say

Good luck dude

t.retard
if you have bad posture even pullups can fuck up your shoulders in time.

Stay weak then you fucking tard.

If you want to get strong at pull ups then do MORE pull ups.

Bad form makes pull-ups easier. You're just weak and/or fat. Look through convict conditioning, it has excellent progression schemes for bodyweight exercises

Just to let you know, those are statics not negative. A negative is where you start do,r the top position and lower yourself slowly

In 33 years of my existence I never managed to do one single pull up, I was too heavy, too weak or both. Lost a lot of weight in recent years and mostly DB PPL at home, eating right etc., then decided to buy pull-up bar for home. Worked biceps, lats, shoulders and upper back consistently (not really aiming for pull-ups).

One day, some weeks ago, I passed under it in the hallway and mindlessly hung from it, then attempted to pull. To my shock and horror I managed to do a full, proper good-form pull-up, then another, for the very first time in 33 years. It sounds stupid but I was so fucking happy I immediately went on Veeky Forums and made a whole thread about it telling everyone it's never too late.

You're gonna make it, OP, just be consistent, keep good form and avoid any injuries and you'll do it in the end.

Attached: 1514855156952.gif (245x276, 1.68M)

>needs a rest day for his 1 rep sets

he doesn't need rest, he needs to push himself

Make this machine the center of your world.
Also do reverse pull ups. That is when you jump then try to hold your self up for as long as possible and make your decent as slow as you can.

You can figure out the reps and sets on your own. just be sure to include rest days so that the back muscles recover/grow.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>there is no form you need to master
Tell that to the numerous bros pumping out half-ROM close-grip chinup kipping "pull ups" pushing up their knees and rocking all over the place. The correct form of the pull up works the targeted muscles, the core, does not use cheating and prevents shoulder pain and injury. It can be easily fucked up.

I've never even seen that machine before.

On a related question guys. What are your favourite exercises that target the back muscles?

I did lat pulldowns and assisted pullups and got to doing 8 good pullups in no time. Just practice doing pullups every so often and do those excercises and you'll be good.

I was the same when I started in december of last year, the way I did it was my brother (He does 20kg+weighted pull ups) would hold my legs as I went up and down for a set of 12, 10, 8 letting me do the negatives.

I did pullups every second day no matter what workout we are doing and can currently do 6\5\4 without assistance, I take 10 second breaks now after getting halfway but still do it all unassisted, eventually I'll match my bro.

You also have to be aware, most people aren't getting maximum return on movement with their pullups, best to do fast pullup then slow negative (3 seconds) stopping with full control at top and bottom (No relaxing) compared to others who just kind of jump around not hitting their muscles as hard.

This basic method has gotten me to 1 plate bench, 1.5 plate squat and 2 plate dead lift. up from 0.25 plate bench, 0.5 plate squat and 1 plate dead lift with proper form.

>It's also of GREAT importance to me that I do 14 pulls ups before next year. Is this possible?
depends on how far away you are from your first pullup.

what you should be doing if reps are a priority is grease the grove (google it). start with negatives and go from there.

why are the 14 reps important?

Because that's the requirement to become a paracommando in my country.

I'm doing well in all their criteria to pass the tests with perfect scores except pull ups.

Once I've fixed that, I can get in with a perfect score and fulfil my dreams.

do:
engage core, glutes, traps
chinups
assisted pullup/chinups machine
band assisted pullups/chinups
negative pullups/chinups
lat pulldown wide grip
lat pulldown supinated close grip
other lat/back/bicep isolation

I did all except bands, and now can do 7 good chinups and 5 good pullups.
I prefer chinups because engage biceps too. 175lb, 6'3", ~16% bf