OHP

>OHP
>Tense abs
>Cant breath as you raise the bar
Explain how you do this exercise without breathing

Attached: how-to-overhead-press-a-beginners-guide-graphics-3.jpg (714x370, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECTeHDD_RrM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inhale as you bring the bar down exhale as you press it

Valsalva, don't actually exhale, and press the bar up. Are you retarded or sumthin, OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=ECTeHDD_RrM

Tensing your abs while not breathing is called the valsalva maneuver and it stabilizes your spine so you don't go to snap city faggot

AFAIK you aren't supposed to ever breathe when moving a bar. Strict form has you taking breaths between a full rep, back at the starting position, but if you are tired, lack conditioning, etc, you can rebreathe at lock out.

Don't breathe as you're doing the exercise? You hold your breath in, brace, and maintain tension just like every other lift.

can you guys not breathe in and out while your abs are tensed? What am i missing here lads

If your car breaks down and you need to push it forward, do you breathe while you push it or tense up everything and hold your breath?

wtf is ripp doing with the crossfags??

Take a big breath , brace, press it up, bring it down, pause, exhale, take another big breath, brace, press it up, bring it down, pause, exhale, repeat!

>snapping your spine on OHP
Be more of a weak faggot.

Breathe while I push it, is this bad? When my abs are tensed my breathing has no impact on them at all, it is totally differen than the in-out motion of the abdomen when you're relaxed

Rip was involve in the founding of Crossfit. But they moved away from "total body fitness" and into "random workouts without any actual programming or progressive overload," and he decided to leave. There's an interview where he roasts one of the main Crossfit dudes on national TV.

I push it and breathe.............................. How weak are you guys? Am I on Veeky Forums?

>has never lifted past 1pl8

>his back gets weaker the stronger he gets
And I 2pl8 OHP. Are you going to larp and pretend you OHP 500lbs?

>bashing a guy posting actual science with incorrect broscience
larping retard

Unrack the bar, take a deep breath into your diaphragm to tense your abs, press, quickly exhale and inhale again after you lockout, bring the bar down, repeat

>And I 2pl8 OHP

wow that's really cool you should post a vid so we can marvel at your strength bro!

Reminder if you can't ohp 1pl8 you are a literal soyboy and/or woman.

Basically this.
1 Deep breath at start of set
2 Exhale at lockout
3 Inhale while still at lockout
4 Tense your abs and ass
5 Bring the bar down to your clavicle
6 Go back to step 2 until end of set

Earlier this week I was doing my last working rep and it slowed to a crawl as I got it just over my head. That last part lasted a good 5 seconds. I felt like my eyes were going to explode so I slowly exhaled on the way up.

I brace properly, but the extra 1.5 seconds at the bottom of each rep is really taking its toll on me the heavier I press. What do?

>actual science
I must have missed it from the retarded "don't breath while lifting heavy weights" comment.

i hold my breath and try to do as many as i can before passing out

But that user's right. Holding your breath throughout the duration of a rep helps stabilize the body and helps tighten your core. Breathing at critical parts or even at all greatly increases the chances of losing that tightness in the body, which we all know what that could lead to.

When that happens to me, I always worry that I look like an idiot struggling to OHP half a plate.