I hear talk you don’t bench

>i hear talk you don’t bench
>yep. i hear talk it’s a useless, needlessly dangerous lift

Attached: 2146CAE0-D6DD-4747-A198-C5BD5FD3208A.jpg (512x384, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CFbzd8DMATY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> he thinks any lift is safe

>he doesn't attempt a 1RM PR every single exercise every single workout with poor form
never gonna make it

>1933 + 85
>STILL not doing weighted dips instead of benching for chest/tris
Pretty sure just about every reputable coach/personality has stated that benching is overrated and should be given lower priority over everything else

Bench Press is the dullest lift in the history of compound lifts. Seriously each rep following the unracking of the bar and it's plates from the rack as it weighs down on your horizontally positioned body has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the minimal carryover into sports performance, the lifts' only consistency has been its lack of chest development and ineffective use of the front delts, all to make lifting lazy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rippetoe vetoed the idea of adding weighted dips to Starting Strength; he made sure the book would never be mistaken for an effective program that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his live seminars. The bench press might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-weighted dip in its refusal of coordination, beauty and functionality. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least for novices it's good
"No!"
The lift is dreadful; the results are terrible. As user benched, I noticed that every time he went for a rep, he wrote instead that he "made absolutely no chest gains" later on Veeky Forums

Mentally, anything over 2pl8 still fucks with me. Like I really prefer a spotter at that point, even if it's just 225 vs 220. Just the mental image of dropping that bar on my throat can throw off a set

HAHAHAHA
Did you write this yourself or hear it somewhere else? Either way, that's fucking great. I love the HP pasta, and this is a funny variant

Attached: laffin.jpg (1000x847, 191K)

>bench for the first time 2 weeks ago
>started at 35's on each side
>did 1 pl8 yesterday
>did 29/30 reps on 3x10
>knew i couldn't do last rep but fuck my humanity
>push up half way and it comes back down
>only throw it back well enough for one side to hit the rack
>just slowly lose strength til bars sitting on my face
>just sit there for a minute and wait for the strength to come back to push it up again
>gym bro comes and saves me instead
I can imagine when you get to heavier weights you can't rest on your body it gets dangerous, but when its LIGHTWEIGHT BABY not so much.

Attached: 1520553039931 (1).jpg (940x1175, 133K)

Real talk barbell bench is trash for aesthetics.

> not benching 1 rep max home alone in basement with collars

why even live?

????
im confused as to why you couldnt sit up with 135lbs on you.
are you a child?
has a girl beaten you up?

Don't clip the bar and you can dump the plates off if need be

>bench press
>dangerous
I hate America

Attached: 1521306208189.png (960x960, 331K)

Kek

Benching heavy is GOAT for triceps and front delts, and chest is of course involved as well. Plus it will allow the use of heavy weights for your DB bench etc.

this is just benchlet cope

i'm a benchlet too, i was pulling 500 before i was benching 2 plates, but at least i don't pretend that makes the lift bad and just try harder instead

Same for me mentally except the weight is 315 that scares me

>rippetoe having this much influence on the fitness community.
I am pretty sure ripp like the press more than the bench as an upperbody lift.

It is but it's actually pretty great for strength. I use incline dumbell press for aesthetics. Machines are prolly better for hypertrophy but I can never get my form right on em.

oh yeah? ill start doing this but i've seen a few videos where weights roll and smash windows.

Not really, unless youre over 3 plates i think your good without a spotter. This is the best example of me fucking up a while ago.youtu.be/CFbzd8DMATY just roll the bar over you, its easy. If you don't have a belt there is no excuse at all.

Yeah that looks a lot better than what i tried to do, I'll just let it fall on my chest next time so i can roll it down like that. After i got half of it on one of the low racks, it really wasn't an option.
thanks man.

maybe if you lube up the fucking bar

who here /flat bench for strength but incline bench and ohp for volume/ masterrace

no but I'm trying this tomorrow. thanks user.

>the anti-christian part of this pasta always makes me laugh
fuck it ill admit it

lol...just no.
decline bench for strength. DB flat bench for volume.

It works for some people but most will tend to find that their bench goes nowhere fast as a result. Overhead/incline work often has rather limited carryover to flat bench.

Why the fuck would you do decline for strength?

I got nothing to lose by trying it, if it doesn't work I'll just stick with my plan. My bench is currently plateau'd at 315 1RM but I'm looking for sticking point exercises

I bench press every time I train (4 days/week) on Sheiko. Some days I bench press twice in one session (For example I will bench, deadlift then bench again). I also press once a week and do other pressing assistance exercises.

>flat bench for volume
>decline for strength
actually laughed out loud