Guys I've been doing boxing/kickboxing for like 10 years

guys I've been doing boxing/kickboxing for like 10 years
and I can only go hard paced on a heavy bag for like 4 rounds

what the fuck is wrong with me? why can't i last 24 rounds like Mayweather?

Attached: washable.jpg (963x912, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJDjp2aNBgg
youtube.com/watch?v=Lnpo8anZ-cg
youtube.com/watch?v=Re9_es0G2ms
amazon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you do conditioning work at your boxing gym? When I boxed we did hour-long high intensity cardio sessions, it was legit.

yea I do
that's why it's frustrating
like how can I get past the 3rd or 4th round in sparring

Train harder more frequently? I dont know what to tell you user

try doing swimming, its your cardio lacking

If you're doing training and cardio and still getting gassed quick sounds like a question for your trainer. If you're lean, eating clean, not doing drugs and alcohol, getting lots of sleep, staying hydrated, etc. I'm not sure what it could be other than you just need more practice.

could it be my genetics?

Attached: 1518398078914.jpg (3264x2448, 547K)

4 rounds on a heavy bag? Thats not bad you dork. If you are doing this for sports you need better conditioning, if your doing it for self defense thats plenty good.

If your doing it for any other reason just fucking stop.

I can't even do one round. I get bored instantly.

Muay Thai fighters run like 8k or 10k EVERY. FUCKING. MORNING. It's not for weight loss or leg gains; it's for cardio.

Run a lot?

either you are a turbo fast twitch fibers nigger with 0 aerobic capacity and pure anaerobic or a turbo lunglet with cucked lung capacity i doubt its your genetic, even 12 years old girls can get a good cardio, we are specially made for cardio endurance

are you by any chance, insanely strong/explosive/fast ?

Running will greatly improve your cardio.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

what's 8k in miles?

>This guy knows what he's talking about.

I mean, from YouTube vids. I've taken two Muay Thai classes. My main issue was bad cardio. So that's something I've started improving so I can go back.

MT running vids.

youtube.com/watch?v=LJDjp2aNBgg

youtube.com/watch?v=Lnpo8anZ-cg

youtube.com/watch?v=Re9_es0G2ms (Fuck, a 10km tire drag run?!)

Google can tell you that: "convert 8km to miles". It's about 5 miles.

Once you get form down do these three things OP. pay attention. Running/shadowboxing/jumping rump. Don't try to replace running with Bullshit memes like swimming or biking. shadowboxing is insanely underrated. A lot of snowflakes do like to shadowbox anymore. Jumping rope for me is the closest thing your legs will feel like compared to a real fight. They will hurt and burn just like when your in a ring. Best part is all of this will only cost you 10 bucks. Shadowbox or ( work your way up to) least 45 minutes. Jump rope 20 min. Run everyday. Do this for three months then pick up boxing and hitting the bag again. Thank me later. t. 24 year old Mexican who grew up with this shit even tho I just wanted to be a great student who went to school and had a normal life. I've Ben forced to fight all my life.

Attached: 717230447790a79767d43253714b4ce4.jpg (500x752, 75K)

jesus... 10mile run with tires?

I am OP and I train with mexicans, god bless there's one around cause it's sanctioned by usa boxing too

I jump rope pretty severely and I think running is the only thing I truly missed out on

Attached: Muhammad-Ali-Sonny-Liston-II-001292890.jpg (1300x920, 237K)

How long do you shadowbox?

10km. So 6.2 miles with tires.

But yeah. Fuck. I'm lucky if I can run for a 1km without having to stop to walk at this point. My goal is a 5K.

Thanks for both giving him the method to find out for himself and the answer. I can tell you're a good guy

How is jump roping for cardio? It seems fun
I want to get into boxing in the future and boxers are always jump roping

I'm trying to improve myself in multiple ways right now: physically (lifting, running, and yoga), mentally (meditation), and socially (not calling everyone a fucking faggot all the time).

I guess I'm having some success. Thanks, user. We're all gonna make it.

It's excellent. If that's what you want to do, buy a good rope from Amazon (I bought this one, but there are plenty of others: amazon com/gp/product/B0007IS6ZG ) and go for it. There are lots of YouTube vids about starting to jump rope.

Like I said. If you have ever Ben in a boxing match when you get hit a lot and start to get tired jumping rope feels the same. Your legs get very weak, your feet start to burn and hurt, your calves are gone. Plus it helps you develop footwork.

no. it could be your diet however

George Foreman was 40 years old and ran 5 miles a day every damn day at 240lbs to beat Holyfield, plus cardio, 2 hrs on the heavy bag and chopping wood and lifting weights

run, nigga, run