Preparation for BUDS(below average condition)

Hello guys. I am interested in getting in as better shape as possible in 6-7 months, hoping that I will reach a state where I am able to make it through SEAL training. Could you please provide tips and daily/weekly exercise program to start getting in shape so I can drastically improve my physical conditioning to achieve my goal? Thank you.

Attached: Mudslimes.jpg (673x400, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Business/osama-bin-laden-navy-seal-team-raided-obamas/story?id=13517776
apps.sealswcc.com/pst/sealcalc
youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective
pastebin.com/zy7iHYNq
sealswcc.com/navy-seal-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you are willing to spend money, check out jeff nichols on youtube. hes THE guy

Post the current physical requirements and we will help you make a program (although I'm sure one exists and you are just bullshitting). /k/ would be a good place for you to lurk.

Training is heavily physical, but the more important aspect is mental. BUDS is more of a mental check. When you're exhausted, do you keep going? Are you encouraging your team mates? It's not just an evaluation of your physical strength, it's an evaluation of you as a whole. Be a team player and make sure that you don't have any quit in you.

look up the physical standards for pushups, sit-ups, runs, swims, ruck marches, etc and do just those until you’re maxing out their pt scale. anything else they’ll do to you just don’t quit.
anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to make money off of you

t. active duty SOF personnel

fuck off justin

What country and whatcha do?

Push-ups, sit-ups, run, ruck, and swim. Swim a LOT.

Is there a buds type of training for middle aged rich white men who want their ass kicked by some sgt screaming at them?

Sadly, the more successful you become in life nobody really screams at you and you have no reason to do anything once you're rich

asking for a friend ofc

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29K)

Without going into crazy detail, when I was training I was doing 3 days of running and 3 days of swimming a week with one rest day. I alternated them each day and It would go kind of like this
Mon: sprint run 1.5mi (navy standards for taking the pst which you do every week in pre buds) aim for sub 9min
Tue: spring swim 500ft or 450m (again, navy standards) Aim for sub 8-9min.
Wed: interval run jog 400m sprint 200, do 8-10 times no stopping
Thur: interval swim sprint 1 length of the pool, do 2 cooldown laps 8-10 times no stopping
Fri: long run no time, just don’t stop running 8-10mi
Sat: long swim 2000-3000m no time no stopping
Sun: rest

This along with a shit ton of calesthinics and lifting 5-6x a week is what I did to get ready.

t. Went to buds, didn’t pass, but went

SHUT THE FUCK UP, FAGGOT?! DO YOU HAVE NO MOTIVATION ON YOUR OWN?! DO YOU NEED YOUR MOMMA TO SCREAM AT YOU TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM?! YOU'RE A DISGRACE, FAGGOT! A DISGRACE!

That's a free taste. We can negotiate a reasonable rate for additional screaming.

US and kill brown people whenever I’m allowed to

This.

meanwhile dan bilzerian passed TWICE
hahaha

my cousin went through buds. he said afterwards, the best thing he could have done to prepare was just run as much as possible in wet, sandy clothes.

he never passed buds you dumbass that’s why he isn’t a seal

>willingly wanting to fight for zog for 20 years and get killed for 54k a year just so you can appease your ego as a fake hard ass

No thanks goy

abcnews.go.com/Business/osama-bin-laden-navy-seal-team-raided-obamas/story?id=13517776

54k is not including housing allowance, food allowance, special duty pay for being in a sof unit, income taxes, health insurance, etc. unless you have a huge car note or something that’s literally 54k a year of spending money

you can be a basic fuck 311/11b making fuck all but your pocketing almost everything. youre getting every expense taken care of including benefits when you get out

Fucking moron. He went through hell week but didnt finish due to medical problems in his legs and talking shit to a commanding officer

this

Ι will, thanks for the assistance.

There are, it is just that I currently am below average and can't do them. I run 1,5 mile in 15 minutes at best, do 5-7 pull-depending on fatigue, around 5-10 push-ups and around 20-30 sit-ups.

The requirements are as follow:

I)Minimum
a)Swim 500 yards - Breast or Side Stroke under 12:30.
10 minute rest
b)50 Push-Ups
2 minute rest
c)50 Curl-Ups
2 minute rest
d)10 Dead-hang Pull-Ups
10 minute rest
e)1.5 mile (2.4km) run under 10:30

II)Competitive
a)Swim 500 yards - Breast or Side Stroke under 9:30.
10 minute rest
b)75 (90-100 by some) Push-Ups
2 minute rest
c)75 (80-90 by some) Curl-Ups
2 minute rest
d)15(18 by some) Dead-hang Pull-Ups
10 minute rest
e)1.5 mile (2.4km) run under 9:30

apps.sealswcc.com/pst/sealcalc

Thank you for your advice. So I just try to improve gradually focusing on the physical standards.
What would you suggest so I lose some 20 extra pounds while in the process? (I believe that my extra weight could be holding me back)

really

holy shit you got a lot to work on

I definitely need to improve my mentality as it is C-grade. Started forcing my self on cold showers, wake up 6am and cut out all food that I do not need, to try make me go out of my comfort zone. Do you have any suggestion as far as hardening my mind goes?

I started swimming again some weeks ago. I tend to run out of breath really easy as I can't chug in all the air in the atmosphere like I do when running. What could I do to increase my lung capacity/oxygen efficiency?

I'm prepping for a similar thing (SFAS) I personally recommend

1. 30 Minute 5 mile time (instead of timing your 1 mile time)

2. 200 push ups in a row (standard)

3. 40-50 pull in a row (full form)

4. A lot of sit ups , just a shit load

5. Squats should be a concern (high rep low weight)

6. Swim like a motherfucker

7. Get very used to being in cold water and other shitty conditions, whenever it's bad outside go for a run.

8. Don't train hard, train smart. Be cautious of over training.

9.Don't be a queer; unless it feels good.

10. Do farmers carry and overhead press shit

11. Build a smart plan and stick to it. (most important). If you're lost use Google.

Pretty much "Be able to carry yourself well" that means be a great calisthenics athlete/runner/professional object carrier

These are just off the top of my head and are my personal recommendations. I'm not a trainer. If you train for around 2 hours a day these are totally achievable goals.

That sounds like a good training program. May I ask what was the reason they cut you out? I would think that you should make it through the physical tests hence my curiosity..

Give yourself proper rest aswell

Your recommendation is actually great. I believe that it will take lots of time though to get there as a friend of mine who performed similarly, had been training for around 4 years (3 times a week though). What would be your advice on getting fat percentage levels to optimal? (I am around 20% body fat)

This has nothing to do with ZOG. It is just that I wish to acquire the best training I can, plus with some great experience. I would like to train my sons as good as possible in the future. And to be a good teacher/trainer, it is a requirement to have struggled yourself. The SEALs offer just that. Imagine youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective
having been an ex-SEAL (not to say that prison is for pussies, but his military training is definitely lacking would be my guess). Start to get my point now?

Proper rest would be 8-9 hours of sleep a day?

diet in all fitness programs should be a priority

a rest day or more when first starting

pastebin.com/zy7iHYNq here is a paste bin I made a while back

you'll wash out first 2 days, bet anything.

learn to swim

Are you contracted or can you wait a year? Sounds like you need more time to prepare so you don't end up cleaning shitters for your enlistment

Well I will get to Army Academy this September. The requirements are lower, I just try to get my physical conditioning as good as possible, as I do not want to graduate last. I will hit actual BUDS in around 5-6 years time. I used BUDS as an ideal goal to reach.
Greek Army Academy
1km in under 4:30
100meter sprint in under 0:16
Jump over 1.05m height bar
Jump more than 3.6m length
Throw steel ball 7.2kg more than 9 meters away (left-hand distance + right-hand distance combined).

They are way lower than the BUDS equivalent, my thinking was that if I got close to BUDS, then I would be among the better ones at Academy (plus someone could be interested in BUDS specifically so he would benefit from this thread as well).

Most important thing is to maintain your joints. Run on soft surfaces when you can. Do not abuse pain relievers. Instead of doing actual fake "marches" with a heavy backpack, just do regular hikes in the boots you would use in training and work on your core strength with farmers walks and sandbag carries for short intervals. Get good at running in boots. Work on holding your breath. Learn to do a proper swimming crawl where you can avoid getting water in your mouth.

and /stewsmith/

Seems good, I will definitely give it a try. Thank you.

So, if I have the alternative, concrete is a no-go (for running)?
What kind of boots would you suggest? (I have none so that's why I ask)

Just to provide more context: lots of people wash out of these programs due to injuries. What we know about injuries is that they are usually cumlative, meaning many athletes pre-injure themselves during training and then acute injury happens when fatigued.

As others have said, a lot of this is mental. If you can farmers carry 200lbs 10x50 yards and run 5 miles (unloaded) non-stop, you WILL be able to march 30 miles with a very heavy pack.

Rucking heavy shit is inherently bad for the knees and there is no safe way to train for it directly. Luckily SEALs don't ruck that much IRRC.

You can run on concete but try to avoid putting too many fast miles on hard surfaces. You don't want to try to run a 6min mile on concrete but jogging for 45 minutes at a 9min pace shouldn't be that bad. A running trail with an artificial track surface is ideal and worth driving to.

You want to do most of your running in regular shoes. Find out what boots they use for BUDS and get those. Watch some videos on how to run in boots. Slowly add boot running into your running mix. Make sure to practice running at lakes with sand/mud so you can get some practice. Running on sand is really hard so you need to practice.

This guy is telling the truth, rucking is the shittiest in my opinion

Sounds dope as fuck desu

No he isnt, every prep program for every single SOF program has compound movements in them
>a lot of this is mental
this is a meme

They didn’t cut me, I DOR’d 3 weeks in. That’s how most people fail out of buds

Look OP, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but while it's certainly possible to get past gut-checks by being "too fit to fail" by being so good at the gated events that your willpower is never taxed as heavily as a less prepared man, cadre are going to scrutinize your ability to solve problems, and the fact that you thought asking random assholes on Veeky Forums was a better idea than googling "BUD/S prep program" doesn't bode well for you.

Have you been through MEPS yet? When I went through they sent me to a group training thing to train with other candidates before the "draft system" thing. Ask your recruiter about it. Im out of Dallas btw

complete nonsense, seeAlmost everyone drops themselves.

RUN RUN RUN
SWIM SWIM SWIM...swim every day if you can
Pushups
Dips
Burpees
Get used to high mileage

4:30 am wake up. Strict discipline in EVERYTHING you do. Start making benchmarks for yourself in all aspects of your life - wake up time, what you do during your day, multiple workouts a day, etc. Are you in school? Sit at the front, be 100% engaged at all times, no matter the subject. Do you have a job? Work at 100% of your capacity at all times. If you can't do this at first, mindfully work at it.
If possible, I'd start going to a good fighting gym. BJJ, boxing, muay thai, wrestling, all are good options. Find the best gym you can within your price range. Good coaches are an amazing asset to have not just for pushing your physical limits but also instilling mindsets in you if you're open to them.
Finally, if you aren't accepted into the teams in your first try, DON'T GIVE UP. Serve your time with all of the previous tips in mind until you can apply again. MINDFUL IMPROVEMENT should be your goals at all times. Also, learn leadership by studying the greats. Hackworth, Patton, Eisenhower, whatever great books you can get your hands on dealing with leadership on a small and large scale will help tremendously with mindset.

My dad was a SEAL and his only advice was this, swim a fuckton, get better at running, and push your calisthenics to the max. As for the actual course, he said keep your head down, because they look for people who can make it to the end, not for show offs. Lastly, your mind MUST be stronger than your body. GL

If you're training as much as you should be, eating at maintenance or slightly (1-200 cals above) should be sufficient. Additionally, since you're doing so much cardio, you can afford to eat slightly more carbs than what is normally recommended for weight cutting (

Might be related to your swimming form. Are you only finding it difficult tovbreathe in the water? That may just be difficulty/not being as relaxed as you need to be in the water.

I run fine but when I first started swimming I ran out of breathe really quick. It was just an issue of water comfortability/swimming proficiency

lmao ur fucked

Tactical Barbell

Buy the e books on amazon it’s like 12 bucks and they have specific protocols for people tryna get fit for selection.

Well I see.. If I am destined to suck, at least I should devote myself to suck the littlest. That's the spirit. I should work my ass off if I ever wish to achieve anything great, whatever that may be. He who dares (and persists), has greater chances of winning than a coward or a quiter.

I am Greek. We do not have such system over here. I just know that our BUDS is a copy (95% and more) of American one since its creation in the '60s.

>I run 1,5 mile in 15 minutes at best
wtf how fat are you?

nigga are you jocko irl?

for real.

Nice

Thank you for your advice. Sounds very helpful (although the discipline part makes me realize what a pain in the butt it is to become a hardened, grown man, I do believe that if I do it, I will certainly benefit in the long run).

Thank you mate. I appreciate it.

What would be ideal source of carbohydrates? Vegetables? Legumes?

My buddy who is training years now as a boxer, and will join BUDS at summer told me as well that I need to be relaxed (as did my coach last year). I used to be tense when running because I try to be "hyper" to combat my fatigue.
When I run more than 30-40% intensity, after a while I am in constant need of breathing as much as I can, which I cannot do in freeswimming (breast swimming is less tiresome as breaths are more frequent and can keep higher intensity).

165 pounds. I have around 20 pounds of fat that I do NOT need.

>commit open war against US
>OH KAFFIR NO ITS LE JOOS MANIPULATING YOU

Muslims are as dumb as the drones that bomb them

Well at least you are having a good time I guess...

Actually they are not wrong. The Juice (and their associates) control pretty much any government around (Nord Koria could be a rogue one though).

sounds like you are prime SF material. If you also like doing drugs you are basically in

if you're turned off by the idea of discipline, then realistically you have 0% chance of making it. What is you reason of wanting to become a seal?

I am not turned off, I just have to adapt myself to it as I had almost none while growing up. Adapting can be "painful" at times, whether physical or mental adaptation is concerned.
Becoming a "complete" man-warrior that my sons will be proud of, as well as a man with exceptional skills.

Not OP but what are the best gym lifts for preparing for the military?

dude i can walk faster than you run.
Lets ignore for a second that your self discipline is so low that you got into this horrible physical shape.
there is no way your bones and ligaments will adapt fast enough to endure running a minimum of 10-15 miles a day, five times a week, for half a year.

your will wash out with injuries and end up doing bitchwork on some ship in fucking nowhere

Well good for you, i hope one day I can walk just as fast. So what should I do, cry my way all day long about what a piece of shit I am or actually do something to improve? I may not be 100% fit for BUDS training in half a year, but I wish to increase that percentage as much as possible. I understand your concern which I do not find to be wrong, but I am not going to give up, especially without even trying in the first place.

you wouldn't even pass our countries military PRE fitness (just to be considered) even at a females standard let alone try out for special forces.

running

look what you should be doing, is instead of making a thread like this, actually go out there and improve yourself. go do the 100 push up challenge, go do couch to 5k, instead of sitting on this tamagotchi breeding website, theres plenty of info out there.

you should take the proper time to prepare.
1-2 years at least considering your shape.

Do some basic running swimming and lifting until you can start the recommended training schedule found on:
sealswcc.com/navy-seal-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html

after that you should look into increasing your running volume further. Try to get it as close as possible to what you will actually have to do in Buds and see if your body can handle it.

Also do all the injury prevention and stretching in the Training-Guide.

I just checked the training schedule you found and I would say it is an excellent guide. I will take your advice my friend. I am sincerely thankful.

One of the best advices in the thread.

I watched a bunch of these selection videos and what becomes pretty clear is that what really matters is not if you can do all the physical stuff when you are well rested, but if you can do it when you are completely sleep deprived, starving etc.

A 6 minute/mile pace for 5 miles? Have you actually run 5 miles before? I’m considered to be a good runner and I run a 6:30/mile pace, but by the end of the 2 mile I’m exhausted.

200 push-ups in a row? I hope you don’t mean in one set because that is virtually impossible. 40-50 push-ups a set for 4 sets I can see.

I have never met anyone that could do 40 let alone 50 back to back pull ups. Not even the SF guys

>6-7 months and I'll be in shape enough to pass this from where I'm at now

Ummmm no sweetie, that's not works. If you are serious about passing you want to be working out hard for 2 years. I can't speak for BUDS, but I had multiple friends who went TACP who all failed within the first week of being there and these guys were starting out much more fit then you are.

Think about it, how the fuck are you going to be able to do it in 6 months with 50lb of gear on with boots if you can't do it now?

My real advice is this: while you may be pushing yourself hard to get ready, listen to your body and look for any tight muscles and whatnot and take care of that shit asap. Going at 110% for 2 years only leads to injury if your not smart.

T. Former medical hold airmen who watched 100s of people come and go due to pushing themselves to hard